3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So all MTL did was exposing damaged goods

Weber who's not playing next season

Price who might now need surgery

Drouin who had to take time off for undisclosed reasons

Byron who went unclaimed through waivers twice

Danault who already put his house in MTL up for sale and will test the market

Tatar who didn't play the last 3 rounds of the playoffs

I know you hate Montreal, but I’m having trouble seeing what your point is here…..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I know you hate Montreal, but I’m having trouble seeing what your point is here…..

Sorry, I literally just made an observation. Having read this board for over a decade i really didn't feel like every posts in here had to some sort of thesis or something that had to drive a point across

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Sorry, I literally just made an observation. Having read this board for over a decade i really didn't feel like every posts in here had to some sort of thesis or something that had to drive a point across

Sorry man I thought there may be some larger point at play with your hatred for the Habs lol

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sorry man I thought there may be some larger point at play with your hatred for the Habs lol

I don't hate the Habs.

I hate the fans and the media in MTL, not the players or management, which is what i was talking about in this particular case. I mean they are somewhat lucky in that scenario but at the same time, the worst case scenario is them losing Price for nothing. But the fact that there's truly not great options other than him makes it a little more likely that Seattle might.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't hate the Habs.

I hate the fans and the media in MTL, not the players or management, which is what i was talking about in this particular case. I mean they are somewhat lucky in that scenario but at the same time, the worst case scenario is them losing Price for nothing. But the fact that there's truly not great options other than him makes it a little more likely that Seattle might.

I would go Dreiger/Rask, unless I needed the Price contract. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I would go Dreiger/Rask, unless I needed the Price contract. 

Rask might want to test the market though

But in term of assets management. Unless Seattle expect to pull a vegas and be competitive right out the gate. When it comes to Price. I know he has a NMC even if they take him. But they could still take him and try to shop him to contenders that Price might want to waive his NMT for and get a good return. Then sign another backup. Might not be the perfect plan but the 2nd best plan when it comes to who they pick from MTL would be like.. Tatar? 

They should also consider not bailing teams in their divisions from bad contracts

Edited by SterioDesign

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Rask might want to test the market though

But in term of assets management. Unless Seattle expect to pull a vegas and be competitive right out the fate. When it comes to Price. I know he has a NMC even if they take him. But they could still take him and try to shop him to contenders that Price might want to waive his NMT for and get a good return. Then sign another backup. Might not be the perfect plan but the 2nd best plan when it comes to who they pick from MTL would be like.. Tatar? 

Good points. 

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

For what it’s worth I saw Todd Cordell also predicted it will be Bastian…

#savethesuperfriends

This dude who did the mock I posted didn’t even mention that Subban was unprotected, which is a big oversight. But yeah, I think they take Bastian too- I REALLY hope I’m wrong and they take Johnsson instead.

Edited by MadDog2020

New Jersey Devils

Notable players exposed: F Nathan Bastian, F Andreas Johnsson, D Will Butcher, D Connor Carrick*, D Ryan Murray*, D P.K. Subban

Prediction: Johnsson. Yes, Subban is available, but his decline as a marquee NHL defenseman has been steep, and the Kraken don't need the veteran's $9 million on the books, even if it's only for 2021-22. Johnsson, meanwhile, is a tenacious winger, and Seattle head coach Dave Hakstol knows him well from their time together in Toronto. He jumps off the page as a breakout candidate.

34 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

New Jersey Devils

Notable players exposed: F Nathan Bastian, F Andreas Johnsson, D Will Butcher, D Connor Carrick*, D Ryan Murray*, D P.K. Subban

Prediction: Johnsson. Yes, Subban is available, but his decline as a marquee NHL defenseman has been steep, and the Kraken don't need the veteran's $9 million on the books, even if it's only for 2021-22. Johnsson, meanwhile, is a tenacious winger, and Seattle head coach Dave Hakstol knows him well from their time together in Toronto. He jumps off the page as a breakout candidate.

ok, I'll give who's prediction is this?

I think they are going to take Johnsson, which is probably best case scenario for us.  Bastian is a close second.  I don't think they go near PK, although they could carry him for 1/2 a season and flip him at the deadline for picks or flip him now and retain 1/2 his salary for a pick.  I just don't think there is a big enough market for him out there to make it worth Seattle's effort. 

23 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I think they are going to take Johnsson, which is probably best case scenario for us.  Bastian is a close second.  I don't think they go near PK, although they could carry him for 1/2 a season and flip him at the deadline for picks or flip him now and retain 1/2 his salary for a pick.  I just don't think there is a big enough market for him out there to make it worth Seattle's effort. 

I thought PK was a lock until I saw everyone else’s lists. Plenty of salary out there for them to meet the cap floor. 

Johnsson makes the most sense, you have to assume last season was the fluke and he’ll be much better this year. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I thought PK was a lock until I saw everyone else’s lists. Plenty of salary out there for them to meet the cap floor. 

Johnsson makes the most sense, you have to assume last season was the fluke and he’ll be much better this year. 

Johnsson's career production basically came from one freakish streak...a 38-game stretch in 2018-19, where he somehow potted 18 goals and added 15 assists (shot 25% for this run).  The rest of his career has seen him put up 17 G and 28 A in 137 GP.  And Toronto thought so much of that 2018-19 big run that they traded him for a total "if" kind of player just two seasons after.

That run of course buoys his 2018-19 season numbers (20 goals), so he'll live off that for a while, in terms of teams thinking there's a gold mine waiting to be discovered.  But it looks like that burst of offense was the real fluke.  I agree that he should be more productive than last year, but by how much?  Maybe 0.4 points per game, instead of the roughly 0.2 he managed last season?  I just wouldn't bet on him becoming much of an offensive force.

• Like 1