2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

23 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Why would Seattle waste an expansion slot on an impending UFA if they plan to just outbid everyone anyway? You kinda get the sense that Landeskog wants to get paiiiiid this summer and it’s unlikely he’d simply sign with them before seeing who else was out there. 

Because they could have done it today before any other teams not named the Avalanche could get involved.   Not sure he is hell bent on seeing what’s out there, he may just want more than the 5 million Sakic is offering.  If they did reach a deal they would clearly be waiting to announce it until tomorrow for the drama.    

8 hours ago, nessus said:

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he has a deal in place with Colorado that won't be signed until after the expansion draft. Wouldn't make a ton of sense for the Kraken to waste that selection on Landeskog when there are other good players that will be available from Colorado.

The relationship has taken a big hit apparently and a deal seems a long way off. The Avs have made three offers so far. 

Given the 48 hour advance negotiation window they aren't really risking anything, they can talk to all the unprotected UFA's and if they don't sign they still get another selection, so it's low risk. If I was the GM I would be tempted to negotiate to see what the expectation is, not agree to a deal, make another selection and then circle back when they are UFA if you still have the space. 

8 hours ago, Lateralous said:

There's too much smoke about the Avs and GL being super far apart on salary for that to be the case, isn't there?   That would be an all time con job if you're right.   

Seen the same thing be reported , deal is not close. 

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

Why would Seattle waste an expansion slot on an impending UFA if they plan to just outbid everyone anyway? You kinda get the sense that Landeskog wants to get paiiiiid this summer and it’s unlikely he’d simply sign with them before seeing who else was out there. 

Agreed, If I were Landeskog I would be looking to take this all the way now and see what's on offer. There are going to be plenty of deals there. 

25 minutes ago, Crisis said:

This could surely make things exciting.

It sounds like it could be a wild one. There are definitely some good players out there, aside from the free agents. I can’t imagine they would draft, sign and trade one of those, but I guess technically they could and that guy could get the 8th year?

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Seattle signed Larsson. Motherfvckers

Ah fvck.  Well there's one off our list.  fvck fvck fvck.

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Would've liked a shot at Larsson but it's not the end of the world. Poor guy going from Edmonton to Seattle, he's never gonna see the sun again

Actually pretty nice there in summer.  A lot of their precipitation happens from October through April.  

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

They are also talking to hamilton.... please let him at least make it to free agency

That would suck.  Also, then Carolina doesn't have to give up Bean or Niederreider in the draft which would have weakened them further.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Why are you assuming he'll sign in Seattle?

NHL expansion draft: Kraken snag Adam Larsson, Jamie Oleksiak (yahoo.com)

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Because he did 16mil/4 years

Ahh, didn’t look back far enough, last thing I read was that they were talking. 

that sucks, especially at that price. I would have given him more money and more term.  

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Ahh, didn’t look back far enough, last thing I read was that they were talking. 

that sucks, especially at that price. I would have given him more money and more term.  

Same here.  Trying to stay optimistic about this offseason, but I get the feeling Fitz is going to be sitting on an ever-growing pile of cap space, and we'll be lamenting that with ALL THAT MONEY HOW COULD THE DEVILS NOT MANAGE ONE MAJOR SIGNING?!  Not even saying it will be on him...just that "If you build a massive mountain of cap room...they still won't fvcking come..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Oilers Twitter losing their sh!t right now. Hearing they're bringing Mike Smith back on a multi-year deal. Fans calling for Holland's head

Poor McDavid and Draisatl.   Filling out a competent team around those two should really be the easy part.