2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

if we can't get a top dman. then i say we make a play for Danault who's the top defensive center in available. he was amazing during the playoffs. That and sign Coleman. Then our bottom 6 looks pretty good with very good players fighting for spots. A Wood - Danault - Coleman line would be an absolute nightmare to play against

Which ultimately can make some of those guys expandable for trades

Kuokkanen - Hughes - Sharangovich

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt

Wood - Danault - Coleman

Foote - McLeod - Johnson

Holtz - Mercer - Merkley

Edited by SterioDesign

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Of course it is very NHL-like for them to shoot themselves in their own foot with all these leaks, especially from the NHL SiriusXM radio network account.  At this point there is no use to even tune into the first televised NHL event on ESPN in over 15 years.  I bet ESPN is thrilled with this start.

Exactly it makes absolutely no sense to have this show now, there's a lot more interesting things on tv tonight instead to watch than a show where we know every pick already. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And yeah these leaks are terrible. Typical NHL that they’re gonna sabotage their own event tonight with this sh!t.

Yeah count me among those who were going to watch tonight...until it became completely pointless to do so.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvck off Seattle 

Yeah, like many have said, not going to make or break the Devils, but for me anyone else being taken would've been the better outcome.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well at the moment at least Seattle doesn't have a better roster than NJ overall

They definitely went defense heavy, there’s quite a few of the forwards that left me wondering “what the fvck?”. 

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

We're only finding out who they formally selected.  There has to be all sorts of side deals attached to many of these expansion picks so tonight might still be interesting.    

I have a feeling we might not know about them until the next day though. This could end up being something we tune into and they just announce the picks and it's over. Let's hope at least some of these leaks are wrong because if not it's going to be really boring.

EDIT: If Seattle opens things up with a trade with the Rags on day 1 they can go straight to hell.

Edited by NJDevils1214

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I assume there's been some trades or side deals that will only be revealed later. It has to

It’ll be straight picks tonight probably. The NHL loves being boring. There should’ve been a missive sent out that NO LEAKS will be permitted. Because tonight is now ruined, and there’s basically no point.

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i had to be very productive today and with all these leaks i havent been productive a single bit

Same. fvck the league for allowing leaks to happen.

• Like 2

Guaranteed that the league approaches this draft tonight as if none of these leaks ever happened. They’ll make the announcements of the picks in grand fashion, like we’re supposed to be surprised. The TV coverage will also ignore the leaks. It will be just picks- no trades, no side deals announced- because that would add excitement and intrigue, and we can’t have that. All the deals will be announced tomorrow while I and everyone else in the hockey loving world will be at work trying to be productive, because the NHL fvcking blows. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Guaranteed that the league approaches this draft tonight as if none of these leaks ever happened. They’ll make the announcements in grand fashion, like we’re supposed to be surprised. The TV coverage will also ignore the leaks. It will be just picks- no trades, no side deals announced- because that would add excitement and intrigue, and we can’t have that. All the deals will be announced tomorrow while I and everyone else in the hockey loving world will be at work trying to be productive, because the NHL fvcking blows. 

It really is a huge shame - like if I was running the league I'd be really pissed off about all these leaks.

First major televised NHL event on ESPN in ages and it's going to be essentially meaningless to anyone who cares enough to pay attention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It really is a huge shame - like if I was running the league I'd be really pissed off about all these leaks.

First major televised NHL event on ESPN in ages and it's going to be essentially meaningless to anyone who cares enough to pay attention.

Bettman should be raising hell over this. The fvcking media ruins everything.