2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Even if NJ got rid of him, they'd be in another bind trying to throw money at anyone just to get to the cap floor. So again, I don't see the reason to rush unless there is a plan to spend money somewhere else.

Also, maybe this is wrong, but I saw that most of PK's money was already paid out in bonuses and he was only owed 2MM on his 9MM cap next season. Again, maybe that is bad info.

This is according to Capfriendly. I'm not sure when that bonus gets paid. I'd guess July 1st most years or whatever date contracts are up this year. 

But I agree, even with PK they are 10 million under the floor. Without him depending on salary retention they are 15-20 under. Either way they will need to spend money somewhere this off season

A89D1A15-DDA1-4BB3-9E0F-559006D6EC79.jpeg

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Larsson has been on the west coast for several years now. I doubt he wants to go all the way to the other side of the country

Yup, that’s the only reason the conversation in my post is unlikely to have happened. 

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This is according to Capfriendly. I'm not sure when that bonus gets paid. I'd guess July 1st most years or whatever date contracts are up this year. 

But I agree, even with PK they are 10 million under the floor. Without him depending on salary retention they are 15-20 under. Either way they will need to spend money somewhere this off season

A89D1A15-DDA1-4BB3-9E0F-559006D6EC79.jpeg

I am prepared to sign, I have been waiting for them to send me my contract since about 1988. 

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

We will not be making any splashes or signing any big names so let's get that fantasy out of our heads. There is 0% chance we land Hamilton.

We'll get some good past their prime guys 

Edited by CarpathianForest

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m beginning to think they don’t have a plan…..

if they want to trade some, why they didnt draft Vorachek and trade him with retain. I`m strongly believe they could add a lot for something like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

if they want to trade some, why they didnt draft Vorachek and trade him with retain. I`m strongly believe they could add a lot for something like that.

Totally. Francis has done a lousy job so far, in all honesty. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Exactly draft Tarashenko and flip him or something. A 4th round pick likely never sees the NHL. 

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I also thought Vegas did a lousy job when they drafted and they turned out alright... but this time i just can't really see the plan so far if its not tanking

Vegas made some side deals that helped too, particularly the one for William Karlsson. No side action for Seattle. GM’s learned their lesson. 

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Voracek at 8.3 mil? Ken Holland might do that.  They've been trying to un load his behind.

3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Voracek at 8.3 mil? Ken Holland might do that.  They've been trying to un load his behind.

retain his salary and you will have 65+ points player for 5-6 mil for three years. This is not an option for the Devils, but for a team that wants to take the cup - a great option.

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

currently legitimately lol’ing about the Rangers signing of Goodrow. 15 team no trade clause and ~$4m/year for 6 years for a bottom-6 player who just had the only good professional season of his life (playing on the best team in the past several decades)? 

that’s the type of deal that is so, so, so horribly bad. it’s a FLAT CAP and they are going to need to sign their big boys sooner than later. I watched a ton of Lightning games this year because I’ve been growing as a fan of them living so close to Tampa. This would be like the Devils giving Stephen Noesen a 6 year contract with an NTC after his solid year. 

Goodrow is a tough, hardworking 3rd/4th line grinder who will be 29 next season. 

SIX years. 

Holy fvcking sh!t lol

If he gets that deal, what’s Blake Coleman worth? 7 million a year? LOL rangers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Blake Coleman does everything Goodrow does, but can also score, substitute top-6 minutes when there’s an injury, and sleeps with a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. 

If i’m his agent I point to the Goodrow contract and I say “that times two.” 

yeah Coleman even shared that contract saying the Rangers got a steal lol 

I feel like this entire process was very underwhelming.  Leaks aside, I feel like Francis didn't really.. take advantage of the situation.

Guess Vegas absolutely jobbing lots of teams last time left folks more cautious this time around

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't get the sentiment that we need to get rid of Subban like the dude has the plague. He hasn't been spectacular but I don't see why some people are in such a rush either. 

Because he hasn't been spectacular. Because he is a bottom 3 and there are plenty out there that are better D players.

11 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

Because he hasn't been spectacular. Because he is a bottom 3 and there are plenty out there that are better D players.

But getting rid of him doesn’t mean we get any of those players, and as “bottom 3” as he is, he’s top 3 on our roster as it’s currently situated.