2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Pretty much the only teams these big name players want to go to. We're becoming the NBA. Stupid.

FB_IMG_1626642474480.thumb.jpg.5ae9361e87d4224b06bd91c2eed9d8b0.jpg

Not sure how NYR got left off that list. Maybe it just didn’t fit in the graphic. 

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Pretty much the only teams these big name players want to go to. We're becoming the NBA. Stupid.

Well TB and VGK couldn't afford to pay him his current salary and Toronto could, but only just, and that's not even taking into account any players they have to re-sign. I suspect he may not be getting what he wants.

1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

Well TB and VGK couldn't afford to pay him his current salary and Toronto could, but only just, and that's not even taking into account any players they have to re-sign. I suspect he may not be getting what he wants.

If TOR lets Hyman walk they could sign him. Landeskog has a house in Toronto.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Can someone smarter than me explain how the Yotes/Isles trade works? It doesn't say "future considerations" it literally says the Islanders are getting nothing in return for dumping their cap on AZ. Is this legal?

It's not the Devil's so yes

42 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

It’ll be like every other time, if they want to figure out a way, they will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

To be fair, that's 6 out of 31 teams, or almost 20% of the league.  And the common denominator among that list is that all of those teams are competitive and win-now mode.  For a guy like Landeskog who doesn't have a Cup to his name, and has come close recently but not won, it doesn't surprise me that that would be his list.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

To be fair, that's 6 out of 31 teams, or almost 20% of the league.  And the common denominator among that list is that all of those teams are competitive and win-now mode.  For a guy like Landeskog who doesn't have a Cup to his name, and has come close recently but not won, it doesn't surprise me that that would be his list.

Let’s also remember that 1) that statement isn’t coming from him, and 2) just because he is interested in them doesn’t mean that they are interested in him. 

I don’t know the author, but it could be a complete clickbait waste of time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

So all MTL did was exposing damaged goods

Weber who's not playing next season

Price who might now need surgery

Drouin who had to take time off for undisclosed reasons

Byron who went unclaimed through waivers twice

Danault who already put his house in MTL up for sale and will test the market

Tatar who didn't play the last 3 rounds of the playoffs

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

should montreal have exposed good players to play fair? confused at what your point is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know you hate Montreal, but I’m having trouble seeing what your point is here…..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I know you hate Montreal, but I’m having trouble seeing what your point is here…..

Sorry, I literally just made an observation. Having read this board for over a decade i really didn't feel like every posts in here had to some sort of thesis or something that had to drive a point across

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Sorry, I literally just made an observation. Having read this board for over a decade i really didn't feel like every posts in here had to some sort of thesis or something that had to drive a point across

Sorry man I thought there may be some larger point at play with your hatred for the Habs lol

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sorry man I thought there may be some larger point at play with your hatred for the Habs lol

I don't hate the Habs.

I hate the fans and the media in MTL, not the players or management, which is what i was talking about in this particular case. I mean they are somewhat lucky in that scenario but at the same time, the worst case scenario is them losing Price for nothing. But the fact that there's truly not great options other than him makes it a little more likely that Seattle might.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't hate the Habs.

I hate the fans and the media in MTL, not the players or management, which is what i was talking about in this particular case. I mean they are somewhat lucky in that scenario but at the same time, the worst case scenario is them losing Price for nothing. But the fact that there's truly not great options other than him makes it a little more likely that Seattle might.

I would go Dreiger/Rask, unless I needed the Price contract. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I would go Dreiger/Rask, unless I needed the Price contract. 

Rask might want to test the market though

But in term of assets management. Unless Seattle expect to pull a vegas and be competitive right out the gate. When it comes to Price. I know he has a NMC even if they take him. But they could still take him and try to shop him to contenders that Price might want to waive his NMT for and get a good return. Then sign another backup. Might not be the perfect plan but the 2nd best plan when it comes to who they pick from MTL would be like.. Tatar? 

They should also consider not bailing teams in their divisions from bad contracts

Edited by SterioDesign

56 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think I would be most disappointed if Seattle takes Studenic. I like what little we saw of him. 

I also like Stood. I’d like to see him stick around for a while.

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Rask might want to test the market though

But in term of assets management. Unless Seattle expect to pull a vegas and be competitive right out the fate. When it comes to Price. I know he has a NMC even if they take him. But they could still take him and try to shop him to contenders that Price might want to waive his NMT for and get a good return. Then sign another backup. Might not be the perfect plan but the 2nd best plan when it comes to who they pick from MTL would be like.. Tatar? 

Good points.