2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

With the shakeup that Poile is trying in Nashville, if they lose Johansen tomorrow, it might be full rebuild time down there.   I know everyone lumps him in with Duchene, but RyJo is a 60 point center under anyone but Hynes that looks lazier than he is and always turns into a true 1C in the playoffs, but I digress.  If he's gone in addition to Ellis and Arvidsson a rebuild has to be in the works.  I would love to target Filip Forsberg for next summer when he's UFA.  Ideally, we pay up for a 1D  this summer, get Jack signed long term during the year and then spend big on bringing in the top line winger we are missing next year.       

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With the shakeup that Poile is trying in Nashville, if they lose Johansen tomorrow, it might be full rebuild time down there.   I know everyone lumps him in with Duchene, but RyJo is a 60 point center under anyone but Hynes that looks lazier than he is and always turns into a true 1C in the playoffs, but I digress.  If he's gone in addition to Ellis and Arvidsson a rebuild has to be in the works.  I would love to target Filip Forsberg for next summer when he's UFA.  Ideally, we pay up for a 1D  this summer, get Jack signed long term during the year and then spend big on bringing in the top line winger we are missing next year.       

Good plan. 

I heard this on the Dangle podcast tonight while landscaping and avoiding the family, so it's not an original thought but why do the Kraken not just select Landeskog tomorrow and offer him 6.5/7 x 8 or whatever needed to be their first captain?  My concerns about the Devils throwing a sh!t ton of $$$ at him (as a wing) are more about timing, salary structure within a young core and guys like Hughes coming up for contracts but I think Seattle is in a totally different position.   It makes a lot of sense to me for the Kraken to snag him.    

To bring this back to the Coleman conversation in another thread and taking the money, if I'm Landeskog, I can't imagine not seeing this through in Colorado.   He's been there 10 years, most as captain, and they are right on the cusp.          

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I heard this on the Dangle podcast tonight while landscaping and avoiding the family, so it's not an original thought but why do the Kraken not just select Landeskog tomorrow and offer him 6.5/7 x 8 or whatever needed to be their first captain?  My concerns about the Devils throwing a sh!t ton of $$$ at him (as a wing) are more about timing, salary structure within a young core and guys like Hughes coming up for contracts but I think Seattle is in a totally different position.   It makes a lot of sense to me for the Kraken to snag him.    

To bring this back to the Coleman conversation in another thread and taking the money, if I'm Landeskog, I can't imagine not seeing this through in Colorado.   He's been there 10 years, most as captain, and they are right on the cusp.          

Unless something else is at play, I agree.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Unless something else is at play, I agree.

Landeskog actually has 2 kids, he's almost 30 and this might be his last big payday .........................................

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Landeskog actually has 2 kids, he's almost 30 and this might be his last big payday .........................................

Yeah, but no Cups lol. 

18 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he has a deal in place with Colorado that won't be signed until after the expansion draft. Wouldn't make a ton of sense for the Kraken to waste that selection on Landeskog when there are other good players that will be available from Colorado.

Why would Seattle waste an expansion slot on an impending UFA if they plan to just outbid everyone anyway? You kinda get the sense that Landeskog wants to get paiiiiid this summer and it’s unlikely he’d simply sign with them before seeing who else was out there. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

But two kids to feed! 🤣😜

He should talk to Coleman about how they should both be seeking the most money possible. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Why would Seattle waste an expansion slot on an impending UFA if they plan to just outbid everyone anyway? You kinda get the sense that Landeskog wants to get paiiiiid this summer and it’s unlikely he’d simply sign with them before seeing who else was out there. 

Because they could have done it today before any other teams not named the Avalanche could get involved.   Not sure he is hell bent on seeing what’s out there, he may just want more than the 5 million Sakic is offering.  If they did reach a deal they would clearly be waiting to announce it until tomorrow for the drama.    

8 hours ago, nessus said:

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he has a deal in place with Colorado that won't be signed until after the expansion draft. Wouldn't make a ton of sense for the Kraken to waste that selection on Landeskog when there are other good players that will be available from Colorado.

The relationship has taken a big hit apparently and a deal seems a long way off. The Avs have made three offers so far. 

Given the 48 hour advance negotiation window they aren't really risking anything, they can talk to all the unprotected UFA's and if they don't sign they still get another selection, so it's low risk. If I was the GM I would be tempted to negotiate to see what the expectation is, not agree to a deal, make another selection and then circle back when they are UFA if you still have the space. 

8 hours ago, Lateralous said:

There's too much smoke about the Avs and GL being super far apart on salary for that to be the case, isn't there?   That would be an all time con job if you're right.   

Seen the same thing be reported , deal is not close. 

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

Agreed, If I were Landeskog I would be looking to take this all the way now and see what's on offer. There are going to be plenty of deals there. 

25 minutes ago, Crisis said:

This could surely make things exciting.

It sounds like it could be a wild one. There are definitely some good players out there, aside from the free agents. I can’t imagine they would draft, sign and trade one of those, but I guess technically they could and that guy could get the 8th year?

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Seattle signed Larsson. Motherfvckers

Ah fvck.  Well there's one off our list.  fvck fvck fvck.