2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well at the moment at least Seattle doesn't have a better roster than NJ overall

They definitely went defense heavy, there’s quite a few of the forwards that left me wondering “what the fvck?”. 

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

We're only finding out who they formally selected.  There has to be all sorts of side deals attached to many of these expansion picks so tonight might still be interesting.    

I have a feeling we might not know about them until the next day though. This could end up being something we tune into and they just announce the picks and it's over. Let's hope at least some of these leaks are wrong because if not it's going to be really boring.

EDIT: If Seattle opens things up with a trade with the Rags on day 1 they can go straight to hell.

Edited by NJDevils1214

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They definitely went defense heavy, there’s quite a few of the forwards that left me wondering “what the fvck?”. 

I assume there's been some trades or side deals that will only be revealed later. It has to

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I assume there's been some trades or side deals that will only be revealed later. It has to

It’ll be straight picks tonight probably. The NHL loves being boring. There should’ve been a missive sent out that NO LEAKS will be permitted. Because tonight is now ruined, and there’s basically no point.

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i had to be very productive today and with all these leaks i havent been productive a single bit

Same. fvck the league for allowing leaks to happen.

• Like 2

Guaranteed that the league approaches this draft tonight as if none of these leaks ever happened. They’ll make the announcements of the picks in grand fashion, like we’re supposed to be surprised. The TV coverage will also ignore the leaks. It will be just picks- no trades, no side deals announced- because that would add excitement and intrigue, and we can’t have that. All the deals will be announced tomorrow while I and everyone else in the hockey loving world will be at work trying to be productive, because the NHL fvcking blows. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Guaranteed that the league approaches this draft tonight as if none of these leaks ever happened. They’ll make the announcements in grand fashion, like we’re supposed to be surprised. The TV coverage will also ignore the leaks. It will be just picks- no trades, no side deals announced- because that would add excitement and intrigue, and we can’t have that. All the deals will be announced tomorrow while I and everyone else in the hockey loving world will be at work trying to be productive, because the NHL fvcking blows. 

It really is a huge shame - like if I was running the league I'd be really pissed off about all these leaks.

First major televised NHL event on ESPN in ages and it's going to be essentially meaningless to anyone who cares enough to pay attention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It really is a huge shame - like if I was running the league I'd be really pissed off about all these leaks.

First major televised NHL event on ESPN in ages and it's going to be essentially meaningless to anyone who cares enough to pay attention.

Bettman should be raising hell over this. The fvcking media ruins everything. 

4 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

The league doesn't leak this stuff. Agents/players/teams do. Bettman's probably furious over this. 

He should be. It’s completely ruined the event. There is literally no reason to watch now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

He should be. It’s completely ruined the event. There is literally no reason to watch now.

Personally I would have been irritated watching it for an hour when I know they already made all of the picks. 

What they should do is gather all of the exposed players like they do on entry draft night, and they have to walk up, turn in their old jersey, and get their Kraken jersey. You’d be able to see on their faces who was happy and who was pissed. That would have been funny as hell. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bettman should be raising hell over this. The fvcking media ruins everything. 

I don't blame the media. If you're not first you're last in that industry, so if someone decides not to leak it on principle someone else will and that's just lost exposure for some. Either way, someone's going to tell. 

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't blame the media. If you're not first you're last in that industry, so if someone decides not to leak it on principle someone else will and that's just lost exposure for some. Either way, someone's going to tell. 

The league should’ve communicated to the media that there would be penalties for leaks. This isn’t hard. Circulate the memo last week that under no circumstances will this info be allowed out, and if it is, goodbye to your access. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

The league should’ve communicated to the media that there would be penalties for leaks. This isn’t hard. Circulate the memo last week that under no circumstances will this info be allowed out, and if it is, goodbye to your access. 

How do you punish someone that isn't even one of your employees? If you just take away their media access that also hurts the league. You want more people reporting on your business, not less. The penalties here should go to who leaked the info, not the messengers. The media were just doing what they're supposed to do. 

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's still a problem that within that industry that they are pushed to go around principle's just for hits. So yeah, that's a problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

How do you punish someone that isn't even one of your employees? If you just take away their media access that also hurts the league. You want more people reporting on your business, not less. The penalties here should go to who leaked the info, not the messengers. The media were just doing what they're supposed to do. 

You answered your own question- you take away their pass and give it to someone else. You can fine agents and teams who leak this sh!t too, but there has to be some accountability for essentially ruining the first major TV event with your new broadcast partner.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Just read somewhere else about an hour ago any trades involving Seattle will be announced tonight.  Who either way the leagues as all of you have stated once again comes across as a clown show.

• Like 1