Jump to content

2021 Seattle Expansion Draft


Jerzey
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Yeah I mean I’m calling bullsh!t on that. They’re going to draft top-5 next year. They fvcking blow.

I don’t think he meant they would win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So wait, literally nothing happened tonight?   

We lost power in the northern philly suburbs this afternoon when a nasty cell rolled through.  Since the power showed no signs of coming back on any time soon, my family drove down to the shore so we would have power and internet.  (I know, total 1st world problem.)   I was bummed that I was going to miss what I thought was going to be a flurry of deals announced tonight.  I guess not.   

There has to be more pieces to fall.  You don't just draft THAT team without other deals in place.   

Edited by Lateralous
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

There has to be more pieces to fall.  You don't just draft THAT team without without other deals in place.   

Right? I feel like they drafted a 90’s style expansion team even though the rules allowed them to do way better than that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right? I feel like they drafted a 90’s style expansion team even though the rules allowed them to do way better than that. 

Ha, that perfectly expresses what I was thinking.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

They probably know there's 3 generational talent coming in the next 2 draft so might as well keep their chances of landing them high

That would be a horrible choice for a team in their first year, trying to build a fan base, etc. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be a horrible choice for a team in their first year, trying to build a fan base, etc. 

Well might be smarter than picking a bunch of guys past their prime so they can "win now" a bit more but then have all those guys walk into the sunset or decline and they are stuck with nothing since they've only been drafting for 3-4 years.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

They probably know there's 3 generational talent coming in the next 2 draft so might as well keep their chances of landing them high

Not saying they would come out of the gate with 3 conference finals appearances in 4 years but they could have easily gone Vegas style and assembled a really good and deep team tonight with cap space to spare and they did not.  Hoping to suck to maybe add 1 of those 3 "generational" talents (are they generational if there are 3 in 2 years?) and still having to fill out another 22 players around them seems like a silly way to go.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well might be smarter than picking a bunch of guys past their prime so they can "win now" a bit more but then have all those guys walk into the sunset or decline and they are stuck with nothing since they've only been drafting for 3-4 years.

There was definitely a happy medium in between, I think. 

Just now, Lateralous said:

(are they generational if there are 3 in 2 years?) 

By definition, no. I hate that phrase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Not saying they would come out of the gate with 3 conference finals appearances in 4 years but they could have easily gone Vegas style and assembled a really good and deep team tonight with cap space to spare and they did not.  Hoping to suck to maybe add 1 of those 3 "generational" talents (are they generational if there are 3 in 2 years?) and still having to fill out another 22 players around them seems like a silly way to go.   

Yeah i do think they made some pretty bad selections. They must have picked like... 5-6 type of guys that you can just sign in the offseason for cheap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lateralous said:

As long as we didn't give up an asset for them to take Bastian.   I would seriously start questioning Fitz if we did.   

I can’t imagine that’s the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Looking at Seattle’s team just makes me cringe. Ron Francis isn’t George McPhee and Dave Hakstol isn’t Gerard Gallant. 

And no moron like Dave Tallon or whomever the boob was in Florida to completely fleece this time either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i do think they made some pretty bad selections. They must have picked like... 5-6 type of guys that you can just sign in the offseason for cheap

The side deals may fill in the blanks on some of those….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.