Survey - A Devils Fans Retrospect/Exploring Alternate Realities

RunninWithTheDevil

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The left one, obviously. My vision is better in my right eye and the left one gets itchier from seasonal allergies for some reason. Plus I’m right handed so there’s more happening on my right side. 

Scalpel? Tongs? Pliers? 

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

This is a great question. I wonder. 

New Jersey Bulldogs (newark bulldogs) - kinda minor league 

Revolutionary War names, things to do with music (Something unique from a Bruce tune maybe), somewhere in there is interesting. 

New Jersey Continentals, - with a Gold-Blue colors maybe or the New Jersey Colonials - I believe those were name options back then.

Swamp Dragons. 🤣

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Just when i think the extreme left can't possibly get crazier and more ridiculous... they go and prove me wrong lol

I agree.

The first link being "fake news" as it were, I still think trying to name a team anything from slavery-era culture, especially a team that plays in a city where half the population is black, would not be well received in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Ummm those Change.org 'petitions' are from the "right" not the left. 

And I disagree with the revolution generally being the source of a name. You wouldn't be naming them the "Jeffersons" 

Goal song controversy...resolved.

The only reason they *might* get away with it is because they are a hockey team, and hardly anyone pays attention to hockey. But the way they are changing things today (ask Lady Antebellum or the Dixie Chicks, albeit that was a different war), I would have a hard time believing that anyone would name a team after anything remotely related to a time period where black people were bought and sold. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

We won't agree, but I don't think the Revolution is off limits, as blacks were Revolutionaries - about 10- 15% of the army were black. If it was in that context, i think it could work.

Then you haven’t been paying attention to the things that are going on. 

10 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

Ummm those Change.org 'petitions' are from the "right" not the left. 

And I disagree with the revolution generally being the source of a name. You wouldn't be naming them the "Jeffersons" 

You're right my bad. I didn't even bother reading it until you pointed it out, i just assumed it was because i see so many claiming being patriotic is now bad but yeah that angle from those petitions is from the right. I'm in canada where all major news outlets are leaning left and our prime minister is the king of social justice warriors so we're way more exposed to one side than the other compare to the US where it's more balance.. but also more tension because of it. I'm just so used to see any censorship, "book burning", etc etc coming from the extreme left.

Anyway, back to hockey.

47 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So lemme throw in another time machine question here.

If you could go back to any draft and pull Lou/Conte aside and convince them to pick someone else in a draft than who they had on the board ... Which year would it be, which player and why? 

That’s a good one. 

I’ll go with 2003 Patrice Bergeron instead of Petr Vrana. Why? Should be obvious, but how about 4 Selke trophies and counting vs 16 GP in the NHL. 

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So lemme throw in another time machine question here.

If you could go back to any draft and pull Lou/Conte aside and convince them to pick someone else in a draft than who they had on the board ... Which year would it be, which player and why? 

John Carlson. I think the reasons are obvious.