New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

Saw it mentioned on HF today that apparently the Devils strength and conditioning coach happens to live in Hughes hometown, and he’s been in constant contact with him, and Jack’s local guy. I’m trying to remain realistic about how much he can actually bulk up with his frame at 19 years old, but that’s encouraging. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So, Max Domi is apparently on the outs in Montreal.

Any interest?  I think he might be a decent fit, add some grit to the lineup.

If we had a Domi and a Foote all we would need would be an Avery for the trifecta lol

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Saw it mentioned on HF today that apparently the Devils strength and conditioning coach happens to live in Hughes hometown, and he’s been in constant contact with him, and Jack’s local guy. I’m trying to remain realistic about how much he can actually bulk up with his frame at 19 years old, but that’s encouraging. 

He was looking pretty strong in that training picture. 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well during the season the fans wanted the season to end ASAP. Like they were literally calling for that. 

And what do you know, they got exactly what they wanted lol

Now they want Rossi. And trade later first round picks for Dunn. And then i`ll have to go dirty and bald with a bell and a sign on my chest that says "it's too late". 

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well during the season the fans wanted the season to end ASAP. Like they were literally calling for that. 

And what do you know, they got exactly what they wanted lol

I'm drawing a weird comparable between Devils hockey over the last few seasons and pregnancy.. 

Like, during the ordeal you have to be like "holy fvck I can't wait until this is over, this is miserable" but... after it's all over, give it a few months, let your brain do its natural thing and suddenly you're ready to start it all over again and do it again.

Christ I need another coffee.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm drawing a weird comparable between Devils hockey over the last few seasons and pregnancy.. 

Like, during the ordeal you have to be like "holy fvck I can't wait until this is over, this is miserable" but... after it's all over, give it a few months, let your brain do its natural thing and suddenly you're ready to start it all over again and do it again.

Christ I need another coffee.

Sounds like you need a baby

From Sterio (figured it should go here):

Another good news is that i think there will be a lot of movement soon. The draft is in a month then free agency a few days later.

Many goalies are available, some top talent on the market and many guys rumoured to be on the move.

I just looked at our roster... man our D corp is ridiculous. We need to address that this year

Our "stock roster" overall is not great actually

Bratt  - Hischier - Gusev

Boqvist - Hughes - Palms

Wood - Zajac - Anderson

Rooney - Zacha - Hayden

Mueller - Subban

Mermis - Severson

Carrick - Butcher

Blackwood

Schneider

Zacha is just at that awkward spot where his ideal position is obviously 3C but until zajac is here that will be his. You can't really trade Zajac and Zacha could be trade-able but no sure we'd get much and then we'd need him for the future once Travis retires. You can put him on the fourth but you know.. 

Now i guess many youngsters should/could make the team. Smith is the one we REALLY need to step up. Foote and Bahl i don't think they'll be ready. Zetterlund we'll see i guess. But that doesnt make a great roster either. Hopefully we can make a few trades

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yeah, suffice it to say that the D (with Nas back in the fold) as is isn't giving anyone the warm and fuzzies.  I wish we at least had someone different working with them.  There's not one guy there that screams "Gotta keep him!"

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2