New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Fitz saying he would take a shot at Pietrangelo if that was an option. Doesn't really fit the age profile he has been talking about for the rest of the off-season. 

But he also said you can’t ice a team of all kids, and that’s it’s still a “man’s league.” 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Fitz saying he would take a shot at Pietrangelo if that was an option. Doesn't really fit the age profile he has been talking about for the rest of the off-season. 

To have a winner and leader like Pietrangelo to lead our young D would be worth it i think

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

True- some places are still better than others though lol.

Yeah but YOU know that cause you live there.

It's likely ignorant. But just like the Devils are still stuck with the whole trap reputation. NJ/Newark is still stuck with the "armpit of the USA" reputation.

I'm going to specify it's not my opinion lol. I can already hear thecoffeecake's pulse rise. lol he's very very very very very very protective of his region.

Give him Karlsson money for 4 or 5 years. 7 years to much but shorter deal would be worth it. he will help in defensive zone and make defensive work faster, he can drive the puck, he can make playmaking job. And leadership and mentor. For a guy like smith or Bahl. 
Would be awesome. We have enough cap room.

Edited by Guadana

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Let's be realistic. The only way to even get Pietrangelo to even consider an offer without hanging up laughing is if we offer 7years/top dollar.

Money is literally the only reason he'd come here. If he's taking a shorter/cheaper deal, he'll go to a contender

Yup. This concept that you can just elect to only pay for a late 20’s aged player for his good years and then have the contract be over by the time he sucks is a fallacy. You have to pay for both of you want those players. 

Yeah you need to pay the hell out of Pietrangelo to get him here.  Fitz is essentially hiring him to play for a perennial loser, raise the kids, and not have a shot at the cup for likely the rest of his career.  So you need to make sure his life outside of hockey is all taken care of.

Worst case and probably most likely scenario.

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i hope he's got a better sales pitch in him...

I mean, part of being the GM of the Devils is to sell NJ. SD said it- these guys that don’t play here come to Newark maybe a couple of times a year, play the game, and leave. They don’t see the beautiful suburbs and great restaurants and great schools and all the different things NJ has to offer a family. So sell them. Put a presentation together, have the guy come in and give him a tour of the surrounding area, go the extra mile. Guys that do come here usually end up loving it, and staying. Ask Scott Stevens, who initially outright refused to report to the Devils what he thinks of living in NJ. Or Cory, or Bryce Salvador, or Ben Lovejoy, or any other veteran that has come in from elsewhere and ended up loving it enough to make it their year ‘round home. So fvcking sell it, Fitz. (Not you. The other Fitz 🤣).