New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

43 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I really hope we’ve seen the last of Mueller...

Yeah they give it a try, former first rounder gets the first of what figures to be 2-3 second chances, but it didn't work out.  Understood rolling the dice (I remember Tri hating that move from the moment it was made), but eventually you gotta just move on. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah they give it a try, former first rounder gets the first of what figures to be 2-3 second chances, but it didn't work out.  Understood rolling the dice (I remember Tri hating that move from the moment it was made), but eventually you gotta just move on. 

It's not his fault, you try hauling around that enormous head on the ice for a few games, see how you do!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Won't miss Mueller's braindead look out there tbh.

I’m beyond sick of the very few big guys we’ve had in recent years being so soft (though I did like Boyle). I can’t wait to see Bahl wrecking guys at some point. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’m beyond sick of the very few big guys we’ve had in recent years being so soft (though I did like Boyle). I can’t wait to see Bahl wrecking guys at some point. 

This 20th overall guy looks like he uses his size too, even though he's a few years off. I have to look into what kind of game Okhotyuk (sp?) plays, I thought he was a physical type but I can't remember now.  

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I really hope we’ve seen the last of Mueller...

i'm fine with this.. im just wondering who's going to replace Mueller? He played basically all games last season and we didn't really get any new D. 

Cause this d corp is bad news, there's literally not a single player in there that i'd trust out there to shut down top lines or protect a lead

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Severson

Walsh - Carrick

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm fine with this.. im just wondering who's going to replace Mueller? He played basically all games last season and we didn't really get any new D. 

Cause this d corp is bad news, there's literally not a single player in there that i'd trust out there to shut down top lines or protect a lead

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Severson

Walsh - Carrick

Fitz better be making moves on Friday....

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm fine with this.. im just wondering who's going to replace Mueller?

Literally anyone could, so I'm not sure it matters lol. 

And yeah, that lineup is just plain bad. If we are looking at free agents, D-men might be a smart play. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Severson

Walsh - Carrick

Let's wait until at least free agency opens up before we pencil this into the lineup.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, let's literally never write down those 6 names ever again unless it is absolutely necessary. 

It's pretty funny how 3 of us posted at exactly the same time implying this very thought.

Aaaaand exhale..

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Severson

Walsh - Carrick

Time for the young guys to step up and learn on the fly.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Butcher - Subban

Smith - Severson

Walsh - Carrick

Bet the overs....

Canada isn't playing games with their covid requirements (not allowing MLB etc. and now this). Could be a real issue for the NHL if the virus is still not under control heading into 2021 and the targeted NHL start date of 1/1/21.  I mean this has to be the death sentence of the OHL season I would think.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Anthony Duclair not qualified by Ottawa. That’s a guy I’d be interested in.

His numbers were decent enough with the Sens that one can’t help but wonder why they’re not interested in seeing if he’s figured things out.  Only 25 and has already been on a lot of teams.

Looked at his game log from last year...he started slow, then went on a tear (20 goals and 11 assists over 33 GP)...then tailed off considerably.  Guess the Sens weren’t convinced.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

His numbers were decent enough with the Sens that one can’t help but wonder why they’re not interested in seeing if he’s figured things out.  Only 25 and has already been on a lot of teams.

Approach with EXTREME caution Fitz.

EDIT: Dominik Kahun not qualified out of Buffalo either. I'd make that call as well just to see what's going on.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Looked at his game log from last year...he started slow, then went on a tear (20 goals and 11 assists over 33 GP)...then tailed off considerably.  Guess the Sens weren’t convinced.

He seems to want too much money, and Ottawa is cheap. I’d take a chance on a two year deal.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1