New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Bless you. 

Vielen Dank!

Thanks, guys. This place is awesome. It's always great to have something to talk about and read about. I hope that by the time I'm 35, we'll also be talking about the Devils ' success.

Edited by Guadana

16 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Vielen Dank!

Thanks, guys. This place is awesome. It's always great to have something to talk about and read about. I hope that by the time I'm 35, we'll also be talking about the Devils ' success.

Happy Birthday. You went from a poster absolutely no one could understand (and maybe some can still not lol) to posting some great prospect content using excellent EnglIsh skills!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Vielen Dank!

One question:

How has your English improved so dramatically, in what feels like a very short period of time?  Are you taking classes?  Practicing as much as possible with someone else?  Seriously man, kudos!  

My brother's second wife is Russian, and I was his best man at his wedding...his wife had a lot of her Russian friends there, and I thought it would be fun to make a brief toast in Russian...I couldn't do it...tried (she even wrote everything phonetically for me), but it was HARD.  I used to be a pretty good Spanish speaker, and I can still understand quite a bit, but I never truly got to the point where I was thinking in Spanish.  So I'm impressed that you've been able to quickly learn a language so unlike your native tongue.  Well done!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One question:

How has your English improved so dramatically, in what feels like a very short period of time?  Are you taking classes?  Practicing as much as possible with someone else?  Seriously man, kudos!  

My brother's second wife is Russian, and I was his best man at his wedding...his wife had a lot of her Russian friends there, and I thought it would be fun to make a brief toast in Russian...I couldn't do it...tried (she even wrote everything phonetically for me), but it was HARD.  I used to be a pretty good Spanish speaker, and I can still understand quite a bit, but I never truly got to the point where I was thinking in Spanish.  So I'm impressed that you've been able to quickly learn a language so unlike your native tongue.  Well done!

I think NJDevs shenanigans have to account for at least half of  it. 

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Happy Birthday. You went from a poster absolutely no one could understand (and maybe some can still not lol) to posting some great prospect content using excellent EnglIsh skills!

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Happy birthday!

Thanks. That's pleasure to hear it.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One question:

You will surprise, no. Only thing i do is reading a lot of hockey news, boards and writing on it. (+tv shows and movies, but it`s a small piece of pie) It`s simple to push language when  you talk and write about interesting topics.
Spanish is quite closer to English than Russian. It is different pronunciation logic, different sentence construction logic. Sentence construction is the most hard thing because we use different standarts, different word sequences. 
It is hard every time when professional actors try to speak on Russian in movies or tv-shows. So you are fully entitled the discount. Wedding is a great place to practice a new language. Alcohol brings people together.
I am often asked by tourists "how to get somewhere". Perhaps this is fate. In general, the locals also often ask me about the location.  I don`t know, may be something wrong with my face. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Guadana said:

You will surprise, no. Only thing i do is reading a lot of hockey news, boards and writing on it. (+tv shows and movies, but it`s a small piece of pie) It`s simple to push language when  you talk and write about interesting topics.
Spanish is quite closer to English than Russian. It is different pronunciation logic, different sentence construction logic. Sentence construction is the most hard thing because we use different standarts, different word sequences. 
It is hard every time when professional actors try to speak on Russian in movies or tv-shows. So you are fully entitled the discount. Wedding is a great place to practice a new language. Alcohol brings people together.
I am often asked by tourists "how to get somewhere". Perhaps this is fate. In general, the locals also often ask me about the location.  I don`t know, may be something wrong with my face. 

For real bro, your English has really improved dramatically, and I tip my cap to you for that. I took Italian for a couple of semesters in college, and I struggled BIG TIME. I mean, big time. I passed, but barely, and to this day I can speak maybe four words of Italian. I can’t even begin to think about how difficult learning a language with a completely different alphabet would be. Well done man. 🍺

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

For real bro, your English has really improved dramatically, and I tip my cap to you for that. I took Italian for a couple of semesters in college, and I struggled BIG TIME. I mean, big time. I passed, but barely, and to this day I can speak maybe four words of Italian. I can’t even begin to think about how difficult learning a language with a completely different alphabet would be. Well done man. 🍺

:cheers: Pizza, belle donne, vino. 4 words that are enough.

• Like 1

I'm guessing he was still under contract (and would've had to pay him anyway) so they had to give him a job? Don't know how it translates to coaching.

Kowalski (bacon the day) was the Captain of Norfolk Admirals (our local ECHL team) and he was a good player.  (I coached a res team, went to many games) Norfolk won championship one year while he was there. I want to say Trent Yawney was coach?  He was 2nd line center tough as nails kinda guy. 

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

:cheers: Pizza, belle donne, vino. 4 words that are enough.

Bellismo!

• Like 1

My dad LOVED Connery for his Bond gig.  Anytime we’d be watching someone else in the role, he’d mention how great Connery was.

He was memorable in a lot of roles...to the point that even though he couldn’t shed his accent when a role called for it, you didn’t even care.  RIP Sean.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I love all the James Bond movies but Sean Connery's Bond movies are what got me into the series in the first place. He passed away at the age of 90 and his clip from The Rock has been a staple at Devils games for a long time now. R.I.P. 

I love his Bond movies, but Last Crusade is what I’ll always remember him for. One of my all time favorites. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Guadana said:

image.thumb.png.7b7eadffd9ad1d455bcbb14ca07cf130.png

They hire Kowalski for development position.

I`m not a fan. Devils were bad in developing when he was HC in AHL. Noone was ready physically when make first steps in NHL after AHL. I wasn`t a fan of Kowalski more than I wasn`t a fan of Hynes.

Why the fvck don’t they just have Nasreddine listed as an Assistant? Who the fvck cares that he was the interim head coach for 2019-20, just list him as a fvcking Assistant. I hate the fact he’s even still here. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why the fvck don’t the just have Nasreddine listed as an Assistant? Who the fvck cares that he was the interim head coach for 2019-20, just lost him as a ducking Assistant. I hate the fact he’s even still here. 

Pretty stupid. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it is. It’s fvcking irrelevant. He’s an Assistant Coach now (and a sh!tty one, may I add). Refer to him as such. 

Admittedly it would be funny to see “Sh!tty Assistant Coach:    Alain Nasreddine”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/30/2020 at 3:58 PM, Guadana said:

Yeah man i gotta give you credits too, especially that i know how hard it is since i'm in the same boat.

It's funny cause i think when you're not english and read someone who also isn't expressing themselves in english, even if it's not perfect. You can always kind of understand what they are trying to say cause you can reverse engineer the mental gymnastic it requires at time and understand.

Like for example... a lot of non-english people are struggling with the pronunciation of similar words like "eat.. heat... tree...three...etc... especially when there's an H involved lol

So if i hear someone from Quebec say phonetically "My tree sons are playing hockey this weekend"... Well i will understand that he meant "three sons" cause i know french language and that tree and three sound similar... but if you're unilingual english... you're very confused going "what do you mean your tree sons?" lol 

I obviously don't know Russian and i'm not sure how structure wize it's close to my language but it still helps.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah man i gotta give you credits too, especially that i know how hard it is since i'm in the same boat.

It's funny cause i think when you're not english and read someone who also isn't expressing themselves in english, even if it's not perfect. You can always kind of understand what they are trying to say cause you can reverse engineer the mental gymnastic it requires at time and understand.

Like for example... a lot of non-english people are struggling with the pronunciation of similar words like "eat.. heat... tree...three...etc... especially when there's an H involved lol

So if i hear someone from Quebec say phonetically "My tree sons are playing hockey this weekend"... Well i will understand that he meant "three sons" cause i know french language and that tree and three sound similar... but if you're unilingual english... you're very confused going "what do you mean your tree sons?" lol 

I obviously don't know Russian and i'm not sure how structure wize it's close to my language but it still helps.

Sometimes it`s easier to read someone who isn`t English native speaker but write or speak on english.  
You can get used to the pronunciation. The structure and sequence of words in specific cases affects more. There is a big fundamental difference between European languages and Russian - the structure and consistency of the Russian language. In Russian, I can change the sequence of words in any order, almost - this affects the subtlety of meaning and color. That's why everyone loves Dostoevsky so much. But you won't find good hit songs in Russian, that will sound good for any ear.

I'm a big fan of Camus, I wish I could read it in the original language. But Spanish gave literature more interesting things) Spanish is next on my list.