New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

28 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I'm not a fan of the black cage on helmets or black catchers, blockers, and pads on goalies, but Crawford's new mask is pretty sick.

Crawford tends to have some pretty colorful sets of gear. From the looks of the mask I'm guessing he might be going red or black. 

7 minutes ago, Guadana said:

This is not. It seems that everybody began to pay little for the design in NHL. It's like He asked a friend who paints motorcycles for 200 bucks. In general, no culture is felt in this. Evil gruel.

Well when you try to get culture involved like Holtby did you get called out for culture appropriation. Have to apologize publicaly and need to get a new mask. So fvck culture lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well when you try to get culture involved like Holtby did you get called out for culture appropriation. Have to apologize publicaly and need to get a new mask. So fvck culture lol 

that's a very good point. I don't like the way Holtby's mask mixes with a classic silhouette and fvcking glitter, but at least I understand what's drawn there, and I can figure it out from a distance. It is a pity that this design was rejected for reasons of modern conscience.
So let's give up cultural references, interesting ideas and high-quality calculated solutions in favor of an uninteresting stock image.

Edited by Guadana

16 minutes ago, Guadana said:

that's a very good point. I don't like the way Holtby's mask mixes with a classic silhouette and fvcking glitter, but at least I understand what's drawn there, and I can figure it out from a distance. It is a pity that this design was rejected for reasons of modern conscience.
So let's give up cultural references, interesting ideas and high-quality calculated solutions in favor of an uninteresting stock image.

it just sucks cause he clearly wanted to honour the culture there and show some appreciation of something that was important to that region. 

If they really want multiculturalism to really be a thing then don't prevent some group to do some things while others can't. That's creating more division and friction than anything. Just let everyone enjoy promote and mix cultures they love. It's very very very easy to spot when someone is doing something in good faith and to promote or honour another culture.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

That’s probably the best mask I’ve ever seen for a Devils goalie. Or at least my favorite. 

since we have literally nothing else to do. We should start a new thread and dig the internet for all the devils goalie masks in the franchise history and have a vote for everyone's favourite

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That’s probably the best mask I’ve ever seen for a Devils goalie. Or at least my favorite. 

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

I will use this as an inappropriate argument in future discussions.

Like “you’re completely wrong, you have seen way better masks for a Devils goalie hundreds of times”?

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Like “you’re completely wrong, you have seen way better masks for a Devils goalie hundreds of times”?

Yap. This is exactly look like your discussion with nicomo about Hughes.

“21pt,

but skating and zone entrance.

But 21 pts!

But skating! And ZONE ENTRANCE!

You banish me before for my opinion!

No you did that!”

i thought this is the way to build discussions here.

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

putting the irony aside, I graduated from the university, the Faculty of Engineering, and now I am getting a second education at another university, the fourth year in the specialty of graphics. We can expand discussions from the "just an opinion" plane.

Edited by Guadana

12 minutes ago, Guadana said:

putting the irony aside, I graduated from the university, the Faculty of Engineering, and now I am getting a second education at another university, the fourth year in the specialty of graphics. We can expand discussions from the "just an opinion" plane.

It’s a completely subjective thing, guy. All do respect to your graphic design expertise, this mask is a huge hit from the reactions I’ve seen. If people like it they like it. And they aren’t right or wrong. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s a completely subjective thing, guy. All do respect to your graphic design expertise, this mask is a huge hit from the reactions I’ve seen. If people like it they like it. And they aren’t right or wrong. 

Ariana Grande's new album is also liked by many. even if we put the quality and originality of the written material aside, i can't say whether it will be remembered by listeners, whether other people will listen to it in the future and give it as an example.

But skating!

yeah, I know.

Edited by Guadana

14 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Ariana Grande's new album is also liked by many. even if we put the quality and originality of the written material aside, i can't say whether it will be remembered by listeners, whether other people will listen to it in the future and give it as an example.

Don’t really appreciate the insinuation that liking a goalie mask equates to having bad taste, or being into sh!tty pop music, but I’m gonna bow out of this one. You win. The mask is terrible. Worst thing I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by Nicomo

31 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Ok man. I’m not going to fvcking argue with you over a damn goalie mask. It looks badass to me. 

if you need help on this one... Guadana is indeed very very knowledgeable hockey wise and flexed on me that he was actually watching games while i was watching highlights. So my opinion didn't matter then...

Well i typically wouldnt flex like this and this is pretty tongue in cheek... but turns out my graphic design resume is quite impressive compared to 4 years of university.

I have over 15 years of experience in graphic design, earlier this year i was featured on national tv in a full interview about my career and how a french dude in the middle of nowhere like me got to a point where multiple of my childhood idols in the music and movie industry eventually reach out to me asking for my services. (I literally worked with my all time favourite band and movie director ever in the last 2 years) And I gathered fans and clients all over the world without promoting at all or going after clients. 

So this time, maybe juste maybe my opinion will matter.

You're right. With art, it's not always about execution and quality. You just gotta find what's going to connect with it's audience. I can name you tons of flawlessly made movies with top directors, budget and actors who had zero impact and will soon be forgotten while i can give you another list of "bad" movies made on a shoestring budget by a bunch of no names who became a absolute classics. Art is weird but it's really about what connect with people

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You're right. With art, it's not always about execution and quality. You just gotta find what's going to connect with it's audience. I can name you tons of flawlessly made movies with top directors, budget and actors who had zero impact and will soon be forgotten while i can give you another list of "bad" movies made on a shoestring budget by a bunch of no names who became a absolute classics. Art is weird but it's really about what connect with people

Like Ariana grande? 

my “flexing” was about “if you wan it we can talk why”. Not just “ I like it and have 15 years of experience”. I have 10 y of experience, but it doesn’t matter when basic muddy unshaped “skull and fire” inspire someone when you trying to talk about culture of graphic work. Perhaps this is just one of the many reasons why the league remains at its level and does not attract new people, maybe not, i probably do not have enough five years to understand this.

lllllloooooooooooolllll. 

But in general, i agree. an unnecessary argument from the beginning. My bad.

Edited by Guadana