New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I like those pairings. Okhotyuk, Bahl, and Walsh all need seasoning over at the practice rink with the RWJ Barnabas Health Hockey House Devils of Binghamton. 

I think he’ll be the 7th.

I don't mind any of this youngster taking the job of Butcher (if they deserve it of course... But i'm not sure it's thaaaat difficult to be better than Butcher) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I like those pairings. Okhotyuk, Bahl, and Walsh all need seasoning over at the practice rink with the RWJ Barnabas Health Hockey House Devils of Binghamton.

Yep, they have RJWBHHHDOB written all over them. Except where the ads are on their helmets. 

Between Murray and Vatanen, and Smith not having yet made the team, there’s a lot of room for the young guys to show what they have. Plus, Vatanen gets moved at the trade deadline for something, opening a space. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it should have been obvious to us he didn't want to be here by only spending $200 on his mask paintjob........

Excellent callback. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Welcome back, Sami! He will be great partner for Smith! I’m happy he is coming back. One of my best NJD in past years. 
This is a great news when news are bad often.

See the source image

Fuhgettabout it...

VATS IS VATS!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i precisely knew you'd particularly appreciate it

You were correct. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

If Murray and Vatanen can both stay healthy (big if) the defense might not completely suck. 

I’d settle for one staying healthy and we only suck a little. 

Sami is a great piece to have back, especially since we got players and picks for him less than a year ago. 

As for Crawford, I'm kind of surprised to see people going after him. The way I read what Palms and Zajac said it came across like he may have been having issues mentally. Whether it be depression or anxiety, I think that's hit a lot of us here at some point, especially with the year we've all been through. I'm gonna cut him some slack until he or someone else says that he flat out just doesn't want to play for the Devils. 

That being said, good thing I didn't buy his jersey like I was planning on last week if he does decide to walk away

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Sami is a great piece to have back, especially since we got players and picks for him less than a year ago. 

As for Crawford, I'm kind of surprised to see people going after him. The way I read what Palms and Zajac said it came across like he may have been having issues mentally. Whether it be depression or anxiety, I think that's hit a lot of us here at some point, especially with the year we've all been through. I'm gonna cut him some slack until he or someone else says that he flat out just doesn't want to play for the Devils. 

That being said, good thing I didn't buy his jersey like I was planning on last week if he does decide to walk away

If it’s depression/anxiety, ok, I’m fine with that. If he just realized he doesn’t want to be here, then he can take a hike on the Jersey Turnpike. 

I would definitely have bought his jersey, I have one of most of our recent goalies. So that plan is on hold.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Looks like it will be banners/ads in the lower bowl since they are putting these in section 133 but if anyone is actually interested in a cardboard cutout, here ya go...

https://www.nhl.com/devils/fans/devils-fan-cutouts?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021+fan+cutouts&utm_content=memberinsider

Are we pooling our money just to make it a full section of PKs for @SterioDesign?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Looks like it will be banners/ads in the lower bowl since they are putting these in section 133 but if anyone is actually interested in a cardboard cutout, here ya go...

https://www.nhl.com/devils/fans/devils-fan-cutouts?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021+fan+cutouts&utm_content=memberinsider

I’m definitely doing a cardboard cutout. For $65? Why not. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You know I’m one of the biggest mental health advocates there are. But if he decided last week he suddenly doesn’t like Jersey, AFTER signing for two years a few months ago, he can pound sand.

If it’s Health or family and I 100% get it and will support him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are we pooling our money just to make it a full section of PKs for @SterioDesign?

I'll chip in actually.

It's no secret that players play better when they have special people they love in the stands.

And well PK love himself more than anything else in the world so... If that's what it takes to have him play well. So be it.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I'll chip in actually.

It's no secret that players play better when they have special people they love in the stands.

And well PK love himself more than anything else in the world so... If that's what it takes to have him play well. So be it.

I’m thinking your avatar and my avatar should be on cutouts and sit next to each other. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You know I’m one of the biggest mental health advocates there are. But if he decided last week he suddenly doesn’t like Jersey, AFTER signing for two years a few months ago, he can pound sand.

Absolutely, I know you are and I apologize if my comment came off like I was talking to any one person.  Mental health is a big deal for me as well although I'm probably not as vocal as I should be.

I guess I'm just waiting to see one way or the other. If he actually decided he didn't want to play here, than I would have rather he just quietly asked for a trade instead of staying home. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This.

43 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Someone should give him the Paulie Walnuts

ShamelessLikableGoshawk-small.gif

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m thinking your avatar and my avatar should be on cutouts and sit next to each other. 

That's the weirdest but also most creative way i've ever been asked on a date so far.

But i get it, modern problems require modern solutions

Edited by SterioDesign

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

That's the weirdest but also most creative way i've ever been asked on a date so far.

But i get it, modern problems require modern solutions

If your avatar says no to a date with Rachel McAdams, then we learned something about you. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm already assuming that he's not going to be here.  Same as I did with Kovy, I'm not going to judge him or kill him if he goes.  If there's reasons (that only need to make sense to him, and I'm not going to speculate as to what those reasons are...maybe later we'll know more) that prevent him from being able to give his all in playing for the Devils, it simply makes sense for him to leave.  If there's something or multiple somethings preventing him from ever being in the right mindset to have success here, better for everyone if he moves on, really (though it does suck that what was shaping up to be a solid goalie tandem is going to take a big hit).  But sometimes you get a player (Senn?  Who knows) that gets an opportunity out of nowhere, and manages to be a pleasant surprise.  

Hoping to be surprised and that he decides to stay.  Nothing to do but wait and see.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Absolutely, I know you are and I apologize if my comment came off like I was talking to any one person.  Mental health is a big deal for me as well although I'm probably not as vocal as I should be.

I guess I'm just waiting to see one way or the other. If he actually decided he didn't want to play here, than I would have rather he just quietly asked for a trade instead of staying home. 

Nah no need to apologize, I was just defending my stance in a way that hopefully made sense.

and in one hand I absolutely agree with CR, if his heart isn’t in it, it’s better to not be here. But on the other hand, if you’re doubting playing for another team, don’t freaking sign until you feel confident.

this is of course speculation, and it could just be something like Tukka where something happened and it made it a no brainer decision, and of course only time will tell, but having no games yet and all the time to nit-pick teammates statements let’s the brain speculate too much.

just one more week until meaningful hockey and us bitching... one more week...

At this point it’s all speculation. Maybe it’s his mental health. Maybe he thinks he’s wasting his time, he doesn’t want to leave his family, and he’s rather retire than keep playing. It could be 100% legitimate or a totally d!ck move. Unless he tells us, we’ll never know, and even then, we may not know it all. 

All I know is the guy did not want to leave Chicago and was quite vocal about that when they didn’t re-sign him. Maybe he wanted to keep playing but realized that a new city, having to be away from his family (or to move them to NJ), etc just wasn’t worth it, especially to be a backup on a team with no shot of winning. True, he should’ve known all that when he signed, but maybe attending camp made it a reality. 

But again, it’s all speculation.