New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

This post is also a good example of what I’m talking about. My whole position on Jack is that he had a bad year and I need to see more before I think he’s going to be an elite player. I had no expectations of him, let alone high ones. I hoped he wouldn’t have the worst first season for any #1OA in recent history, I guess you could say that. 

Yet I’m labeled as a Jack hater and that I have unreasonable expectations.

+1

Hardly a hater.  Neutral instead of a fluffer?

relax kids. Let's see what actually happens on the ice rather than on our keyboards. New season, clean slate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

There's an ever growing drug problem down this way. Sorry.  That's ridiculous.

Listen, people can try for whatever they like, I don’t begrudge that. Like I said, if it was like $25 I would probably buy it as a joke which would be a total waste of $25 for me. 

22 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

This post is also a good example of what I’m talking about. My whole position on Jack is that he had a bad year and I need to see more before I think he’s going to be an elite player. I had no expectations of him, let alone high ones. I hoped he wouldn’t have the worst first season for any #1OA in recent history, I guess you could say that. 

Yet I’m labeled as a Jack hater and that I have unreasonable expectations.

Regarding the analogy, it can be argued that the first sex is always the best sex, and the odds of it improving over time are extremely low. So I don’t think it’s a great comparison. 

First sex with girl without any expirience, her first? Is always best? You r fckin pervert

Regarding Jack, you both only express dissatisfaction with the game and look for only negative components. I understand, of course, that this is your couple's business and you can cover for each other at the same time. But this is an indicator of inflated expectations that players do not meet here and now. So they're not good enough for both of you. And no positive actions of these players in your eyes do not justify in any way.
And to evaluate the game of players against the background of their first steps in difficult conditions is simply stupid. The analogy is as appropriate as possible. (well, if your best sex was the first sex and it only got worse, then I just feel sorry for you. Both of you have sexual dissatisfaction, which you project on the team, expressing dissatisfaction with the performance of young players. Solve your problems, boys).

14 minutes ago, Guadana said:

First sex with girl without any expirience, her first? Is always best? You r fckin pervert

Regarding Jack, you both only express dissatisfaction with the game and look for only negative components. I understand, of course, that this is your couple's business and you can cover for each other at the same time. But this is an indicator of inflated expectations that players do not meet here and now. So they're not good enough for both of you. And no positive actions of these players in your eyes do not justify in any way.
And to evaluate the game of players against the background of their first steps in difficult conditions is simply stupid. The analogy is as appropriate as possible. (well, if your best sex was the first sex and it only got worse, then I just feel sorry for you. Both of you have sexual dissatisfaction, which you project on the team, expressing dissatisfaction with the performance of young players. Solve your problems, boys).

You came up with the analogy, if anyone is a pervert, it’s you. 

Regarding the rest of your bullish!t, it’s a perfect example of what I am talking about. You say one negative thing about the Golden boy, even though it’s 100% accurate, and idiots will misconstrue it and turn it into “you are always negative”. 

I said he had a sh!t season. He did. I said skating alone doesn’t make a complete hockey player. It doesn’t. I said I hope he improves, and I think he will. I do. 

In terms of the personal insults you decided to include, go fvck yourself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You came up with the analogy, if anyone is a pervert, it’s you. 

Regarding the rest of your bullish!t, it’s a perfect example of what I am talking about. You say one negative thing about the Golden boy, even though it’s 100% accurate, and idiots will misconstrue it and turn it into “you are always negative”. 

I said he had a sh!t season. He did. I said skating alone doesn’t make a complete hockey player. It doesn’t. I said I hope he improves, and I think he will. I do. 

In terms of the personal insults you decided to include, go fvck yourself. 

It`s not an analogy. It`s a life. Sometimes people have ralationships with virgins. But i`m not one who named it "the best expirience of life and everything goes in the dark after that". So we can continue to play the game for fifth graders "No, it's you, no, you." Hope we not.

You're making it up. I didn't say anything about the golden boy. I just said that he is a child and it is too early to judge him in principle. You came up with all the other conclusions yourself.

Moreover, I didn't switch to personalities. But as soon as we've gone from five-grade bullying(what are you good at) to harder jokes, you tell me to fck off. Stop. Don't be offended. We're adults. We don't have to tell the others to fck off right away. We are all adults for that. Are we, right?

Edited by Guadana

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

It`s not an analogy. It`s a life. Sometimes people have ralationships with virgins. But i`m not one who named it "the best expirience of life and everything goes in the dark after that". So we can continue to play the game for fifth graders "No, it's you, no, you." Hope we not.

You're making it up. I didn't say anything about the golden boy. I just said that he is a child and it is too early to judge him in principle. You came up with all the other conclusions yourself.

Moreover, I didn't switch to personalities. But as soon as we've gone from five-grade bullying to harder jokes, you tell the others to fck off. Stop. Don't be offended. We're adults. We don't have to tell the others to fck off right away. We are all adults for that. Are we, right?

I’m an adult, I’m not sure what you are. I tell people to fvck themselves when I feel it’s time to tell them to fvck themselves. It was beyond time with you. So fvck yourself. 

I don’t think you know what an analogy is. 

Jack is young? No fvcking way, I missed that. My entire point was that it was too early to judge him. It’s not my fault you’re too stupid to understand that. That was my exact argument. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I’m an adult, I’m not sure what you are. I tell people to fvck themselves when I feel it’s time to tell them to fvck themselves. It was beyond time with you. So fvck yourself. 

Seriously? You say one thing, but immediately do the opposite. Even my 19-year-old niece doesn't behave like that. If you allow yourself the behavior of a teenager, let our teenager Jack not meet the adult requirements, without writing off him from our own (high)expectations ahead of time)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

Seriously? You say one thing, but immediately do the opposite. Even my 19-year-old niece doesn't behave like that. If you allow yourself the behavior of a teenager, let our teenager Jack not meet the adult requirements, without writing off him from our own (high)expectations ahead of time)

I haven’t written him off. You obviously aren’t paying attention. That’s the whole point. And it’s not just you. 

Anyone who thinks Hughes had a ‘sh!t’ season is either blind or simplistic. His zone entries were elite, like McDavid and MacKinnon elite (look at his advanced stats). His skating is elite, his IQ, puck handling, passing all showed flashes of eliteness. And he did so under a tremendously challenging season for him personally, team and league-wise, and at the age of 18. All things considered, he didn’t do too bad. He’s got way more to grow but hardly a sh!t season or reason to doubt professional projections.

Who to listen to re his projection? Every scout under the sun that projects him to be elite? Or some agitated rando on a message board implying he has to be a ppg player already to show he can be elite? Tough call..

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t written him off. You obviously aren’t paying attention. That’s the whole point. And it’s not just you. 

Maybe it's time to tell you to fck off?  No, I don't think so. Completely. It would also be inappropriate.

My initial point was that you both wanted too much from the kid. And his performance is extremely disappointing to you both. Taking into account all the subtleties of his successes and failures. And I don't find it wise to bet on it all the time. And if you both understand that, you wouldn't get involved in all these disputs. 

And then our entire dialogue loops.

Edited by Guadana

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Anyone who thinks Hughes had a ‘sh!t’ season is either blind or simplistic. His zone entries were elite, like McDavid and MacKinnon elite (look at his advanced stats). His skating is elite, his IQ, puck handling, passing all showed flashes of eliteness. And he did so under a tremendously challenging season for him personally, team and league-wise, and at the age of 18. All things considered, he didn’t do too bad. He’s got way more to grow but hardly a sh!t season or reason to doubt professional projections.

Who to listen to re his projection? Every scout under the sun that projects him to be elite? Or some agitated rando on a message board implying he has to be a ppg player already to show he can be elite? Tough call..

Again, I’m not talking about projections or predicting what he will do in the future (which I mentioned last time you tried to bring this up). It’s this complete misunderstanding as to what I’ve said that makes people continually bring up a topic that has been discussed as nauseum at this point. 

At no point did I ever say anything about his future other than that I hope he improves. He had the worst point output from a #1OA in years. Would you like him to improve upon that? I would.

All of the things you are mentioning are things that show he might be better in the future. But in terms of his on ice performance, worst from a #1 in a very long time.

His advanced stats may be great and that may make us all hopeful for the future. But his actual stats were not good. Does that mean he won’t be good? No. And I never said anything like that. But that’s the kind of BS people try to put out there to make it seem like I said he’s a bust. Never said it, never thought it. There’s no question he’s projected to be elite. But projections aren’t always right. 

I like to see a guy achieve success before I label him as an elite player in the league for the next 20 years. At some point, someone thought Patrik Stefan was elite enough to draft first overall. 

If you are thrilled with a 21 point (abbreviated) season, that’s great. I’m not, I would like to see more before I label him the future of the franchise. 

But I hope he is. 

i don't get the PLD speculation - if there is one thing the devils don't need, it's a center. why trade jack or nico for him? you wouldn't. and assuming neither of those are shifting to wing, while i suppose the prospect of three centers being 13, 86 and PLD would be amazing, i just don't see it.

• Like 3