New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

15 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Maybe it's time to tell you to fck off?  No, I don't think so. Completely. It would also be inappropriate.

My initial point was that you both wanted too much from the kid. And I don't find it wise to bet on it all the time. And if you both understand that, you wouldn't get involved in all these disputs. 

And then our entire dialogue loops.

See above. I never said anything of the sort. I said he was bad (he was based on his stats) and that I hope he improves. What I wanted was for him not to be the worst #1 pick statistically in years, I don’t consider that too much. 

Just now, sundstrom said:

i don't get the PLD speculation - if there is one thing the devils don't need, it's a center. why trade jack or nico for him? you wouldn't. and assuming neither of those are shifting to wing, while i suppose the prospect of three centers being 13, 86 and PLD would be amazing, i just don't see it.

You’re probably right, but having any one of those guys as your 3rd line center is a pretty nice showing of depth. Zajac on the 4, and McLeod on the bench in the Hockey House wearing a jersey with an emoji on it. 

I like it.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Again, I’m not talking about projections or predicting what he will do in the future (which I mentioned last time you tried to bring this up). It’s this complete misunderstanding as to what I’ve said that makes people continually bring up a topic that has been discussed as nauseum at this point. 

At no point did I ever say anything about his future other than that I hope he improves. He had the worst point output from a #1OA in years. Would you like him to improve upon that? I would.

All of the things you are mentioning are things that show he might be better in the future. But in terms of his on ice performance, worst from a #1 in a very long time.

His advanced stats may be great and that may make us all hopeful for the future. But his actual stats were not good. Does that mean he won’t be good? No. And I never said anything like that. But that’s the kind of BS people try to put out there to make it seem like I said he’s a bust. Never said it, never thought it. There’s no question he’s projected to be elite. But projections aren’t always right. 

I like to see a guy achieve success before I label him as an elite player in the league for the next 20 years. At some point, someone thought Patrik Stefan was elite enough to draft first overall. 

If you are thrilled with a 21 point (abbreviated) season, that’s great. I’m not, I would like to see more before I label him the future of the franchise. 

But I hope he is. 

That’s fair that you want to see something yourself before accepting what others say. The only thing people (or at least me) were saying in reply is to consider the context in which you are judging his on ice performance. We all agree and hope Jack takes a step forward this year, that’s without doubt. It’ll be fun seeing his progress, especially with him centering top line right out of the gate.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

That’s fair that you want to see something yourself before accepting what others say. The only thing people (or at least me) were saying in reply is to consider the context in which you are judging his on ice performance. We all agree and hope Jack takes a step forward this year, that’s without doubt. It’ll be fun seeing his progress, especially with him centering top line right out of the gate.

That’s why I get so frustrated. That is exactly what I have been saying!!

And I do consider the context, and I still firmly believe that most 18 year olds should not go from the Draft to the NHL. McDavid is a guy that was clearly ready to make that leap. Jack was not. Kakko was not. Even Nico, who had a good rookie season, was easily pushed off the puck and came into his second season with that problem completely eliminated from his game. 

Even though it’s now the norm for #1 and other early picks to make the jump right away, I’m not sure that always inures to their benefit. 

• Like 1

I got rid of FuboTV last year when the season stopped because it was $55 a month, and I only really watch the Devils when I watch TV.  I see its now $65 a month.  Its a quality service but so expensive to watch one thing on there..  I guess my other option is to get the NHL package for $25/month and then a VPN service for about $7 a month.  Any other options out there?  I think someone asked about this not to long ago but I couldnt find it.

nevermind, i found it in prospects thread...guesss thats all the options, lol

Edited by lucifer91

32 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

I got rid of FuboTV last year when the season stopped because it was $55 a month, and I only really watch the Devils when I watch TV.  I see its now $65 a month.  Its a quality service but so expensive to watch one thing on there..  I guess my other option is to get the NHL package for $25/month and then a VPN service for about $7 a month.  Any other options out there?  I think someone asked about this not to long ago but I couldnt find it.

If there was a more reasonably priced way to watch the games, I would probably pay for it.  But there isn't, so I will find other ways.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sundstrom said:

i don't get the PLD speculation - if there is one thing the devils don't need, it's a center. why trade jack or nico for him? you wouldn't. and assuming neither of those are shifting to wing, while i suppose the prospect of three centers being 13, 86 and PLD would be amazing, i just don't see it.

Uh.... where did you see PLD speculation? 

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean... the guy didnt want to be in Colombus (not sure why)...  who apparently have a great culture and a strong team. Why would he then "want" to be in NJ. I really wouldnt risk it

I have a pretty good guess...

15 hours ago, Guadana said:

First sex with girl without any expirience, her first? Is always best? You r fckin pervert

Regarding Jack, you both only express dissatisfaction with the game and look for only negative components. I understand, of course, that this is your couple's business and you can cover for each other at the same time. But this is an indicator of inflated expectations that players do not meet here and now. So they're not good enough for both of you. And no positive actions of these players in your eyes do not justify in any way.
And to evaluate the game of players against the background of their first steps in difficult conditions is simply stupid. The analogy is as appropriate as possible. (well, if your best sex was the first sex and it only got worse, then I just feel sorry for you. Both of you have sexual dissatisfaction, which you project on the team, expressing dissatisfaction with the performance of young players. Solve your problems, boys).

Dude honestly you've been a good poster here and mfitz already covered the whole part where you should go fvck yourself for the stupid sh!t you just said so I won't have to.

But what's wrong with you?

How many times are we supposed to explain the same thing over and over to you? I know english isn't your first language, it's not mine either. But it's either that you don't understand what we're saying or that you don't want to understand.

We've both re-explained our stances like... at least 10 times each. Black on white. Incredibly clear. Yet based on what you're saying you completely don't understand that. We both said he obviously had the skills. That he'll likely be fine. We both said he had sh!t linemates. That he need to get bigger and stronger. We mentioned and acknowledged ALL THAT. What do you want to hear from us so that you stop whining about it? That the kid is perfect and will 500% be a franchise player for us? 

Edited by SterioDesign

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude honestly you've been a good poster here and mfitz already covered the whole part where you should go fvck yourself for the stupid sh!t you just said so I won't have to.

But what's wrong with you?

How many times are we supposed to explain the same thing over and over to you? I know english isn't your first language, it's not mine either. But it's either that you don't understand what we're saying or that you don't want to understand.

We've both re-explained our stances like... at least 10 times each. Black on white. Incredibly clear. Yet based on what you're saying you completely don't understand that. We both said he obviously had the skills. That he'll likely be fine. We both said he had sh!t linemates. That he need to get bigger and stronger. We mentioned and acknowledged ALL THAT. What do you want to hear from us so that you stop whining about it? That the kid is perfect and will 500% be a franchise player for us? 

you can write at least 20 times, I don't think anything will change here. My English is bad, which explains everything. Exhale, eat, keep yourself busy. Impress yourself with something that impresses you.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, lucifer91 said:

There is almost always a youtube link posted in the game thread in reddit.com/r/Devils.  Don't spread it around too much though, don't want the host to get slammed.

What i'd like to know is if PK Subban is spending time with coaches watching tapes or wtv to work on his decision making.

I know that won't get you as many likes as videos / pictures of you lifting weights at the gym or videos of you skating around cones in circles. And that's likely what he wants. 

But he REALLY need to work on his decision making and be smarter. That's the only way Dmen can be effective for long in the league. Players like Subban who were just horses always fall off a cliff when the body starts slowing down. There was a bunch of slow but very effective old dmen in the league.