New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Maybe Fitz can pull one of those deals where they send a pick to Seattle for "future considerations" and then Seattle just happens to take PK in the expansion draft. He does eat a lot of minutes though, 25:47 per game this season. I wonder who we have who can step into that. Severson is second on the team right now

He plays 25 minutes a night and we gave up almost 50 shots to the rangers and he was directly or partially responsible for many goals or good scoring chances. Many breakaways too. 

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

He plays 25 minutes a night and we gave up almost 50 shots to the rangers and he was directly or partially responsible for many goals or good scoring chances. Many breakaways too. 

I mean that’s one game, but clearly he’s been sh!t in a lot more than that one game. I am confident we can find someone better who can play his minutes. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean that’s one game, but clearly he’s been sh!t in a lot more than that one game. I am confident we can find someone better who can play his minutes. 

well i know lol

I know i'm not a big fan of him. Never was. But i could be honest and say if he had strong games. And i honestly dont remember Subban ever having like a strong game where he carried the team since he came here.

26 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, other than having a knee jerk reaction to the thought that PK might have gotten a compliment.

I'm didn't say he averages a good 25 minutes, just that I wonder who on our roster would step in to play those minutes once he is gone. It'll be a big opportunity for another player. I even pointed out that Severson is getting the second most minutes. Murray is third. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, other than having a knee jerk reaction to the thought that PK might have gotten a compliment.

I'm didn't say he averages a good 25 minutes, just that I wonder who on our roster would step in to play those minutes once he is gone. It'll be a big opportunity for another player. I even pointed out that Severson is getting the second most minutes. Murray is third. 

well your reaction is the knee jerk reaction.

What im trying to say is that it's the same problem we had having andy green playing top pairing and 25 minutes a game. We don't have good depth and we have guys playing more minutes than they should. A guy like PK should be playing sheltered minutes in the top 4. Just like Andy Greene playing 15 minutes a night is probably more than fine on a team. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well that's good news

Can we get a YEAH !?!

He must’ve broken something. Fitz used the word ‘calcification’ when talking about it. But I don’t get it because Nico talked about being ready for opening night and here we are four games in and he’s still not even practicing. Hairline fracture maybe? Either way it’s concerning it wasn’t a minor injury. And of course had to sustain it in fvckin December.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

He must’ve broken something. Fitz used the word ‘calcification’ when talking about it. But I don’t get it because Nico talked about being ready for opening night and here we are four games in and he’s still not even practicing. Hairline fracture maybe? Either way it’s concerning it wasn’t a minor injury. And of course had to sustain it in fvckin December.

He had a walking boot at one point. It was definitely a more serious injury than they were letting on.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Yeah cause at first i think he was supposed to miss training camp and thats it (i believe).. but now he's on pace to miss like... 10-15 games so was there really no setback?

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Whoa, wtf?  Did NOT see that coming.  I thought NBCSN was booming...?  I thought between hockey, Nascar, and even horse racing (the Triple crown mainly) it had some strong anchors in programming and live sports, and then you add in everything else it showed.  

Personally, I'm a bit saddened to see the NHL relegated to the USA network.  Sure it's a major channel on cable networks, but to me it is most well known for shows/movies/sitcoms and things like that - live sports is not at all what comes to mind when I first think of the USA cable channel, and I fear it's going to result in a pretty big decline in viewership.  

NBCSC was at least a well known network due to having the NBC tag at the prefix of the channel's name. 

Any idea who's going to do the commentary and announcing for the games?

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Whoa, wtf?  Did NOT see that coming.  I thought NBCSN was booming...?  I thought between hockey, Nascar, and even horse racing (the Triple crown mainly) it had some strong anchors in programming and live sports, and then you add in everything else it showed.  

Personally, I'm a bit saddened to see the NHL relegated to the USA network.  Sure it's a major channel on cable networks, but to me it is most well known for shows/movies/sitcoms and things like that - live sports is not at all what comes to mind when I first think of the USA cable channel, and I fear it's going to result in a pretty big decline in viewership.  

NBCSC was at least a well known network due to having the NBC tag at the prefix of the channel's name. 

Any idea who's going to do the commentary and announcing for the games?

I personally don't remember it, but I feel like I've read that USA used to air hockey back in the early 90s.

As for the commentators, I think it'll stay the same, just move host channels. Complete guess though.

• Like 2