New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Is that the one where the one guy pronounces Binghamton wrong? 

I listen to a few different ones and tend to confuse them

Probably, he does it fairly often with other names.

4 hours ago, sundstrom said:

i'm fairly certain this is Fisher's (it's his site) shtick that we all missed as the podcast has been around for a while. its either a complete mispronunciation like "mic-LOD" instead of "mick-CLOUD' or wrong syllabic emphasis like su-BAHN instead of SU-ban. he doesn't do it with everyone but there's just enough to make it seem like he doesn't actually follow the team that much (which of course he does). i've learned to get past it as they're takes and comments are about 75% right on which is a higher percentage than most.

Yea it's John. I don't mind the other guy, Dan. 

On 1/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, Rob_Ottawa said:

fvck this bullsh!t season already. Off to a great start then lose two key players already, while our top centre still nursing a supposed minor foot injury.

Well sounds like you got your hopes up and you're now frustrated. Unfortunate but that's totally on you haha Many commented on how it would be important to manage expectations this year.

We won games but we weren't great in many of them. I'd say the Islanders win was our only real good game.

The bruins are struggling without Chara, Krug and Pastrnak, they really didnt play well and took like 10 games before they finally scored a 5 on 5 goal lol We won the rangers but gave up like 50 shots... it's really not thaaaat great of a start.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

jog on hot fuzz GIF

They can fvck off.

36 minutes ago, devlman said:

According to Friedman, the Devils have told the Penguins they have no intention of allowing them to interview Fitzgerald.

Good.

34 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I suppose if their intention is to offer him a new contract, then I understand. 

I certainly hope that is the intention.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Why would we ever grant them permission?  I'm not up on the rules on that sort of thing - do we have to?

Disregard - I just saw MD's post before mine, and my sentiments are literally the exact same. fvck them.

If you had no intention or re-signing him, you would give permission so the guy can find a job elsewhere. That’s about it. 

i think i already commented this but i don't feel like double checking lol but here i am potentially repeating... there's no way the owners went through months of interviews to get a GM... to then just let him leave within a year. Unless getting Ruff and keeping Tom is all part of a bigger plan with other candidates in mind that'd only be available in the future or something

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i think i already commented this but i don't feel like double checking lol but here i am potentially repeating... there's no way the owners went through months of interviews to get a GM... to then just let him leave within a year. Unless getting Ruff and keeping Tom is all part of a bigger plan with other candidates in mind that'd only be available in the future or something

I would have to imagine you’re correct, generally speaking you don’t walk away from the GM you chose for no reason, usually it’s because they have been ineffective (or you think they have). I’m sure it’s happened but I don’t think we usually hear of a team just letting an otherwise effective GM walk. 

The question becomes, where’s his family, did they move to NJ or are they still in Pittsburgh? If he still had roots there, maybe that job is too good to resist. That’s what I’m afraid of. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I would have to imagine you’re correct, generally speaking you don’t walk away from the GM you chose for no reason, usually it’s because they have been ineffective (or you think they have). I’m sure it’s happened but I don’t think we usually hear of a team just letting an otherwise effective GM walk. 

The question becomes, where’s his family, did they move to NJ or are they still in Pittsburgh? If he still had roots there, maybe that job is too good to resist. That’s what I’m afraid of. 

yeah the only way that he goes i think is if he really wants to go there. But lets hope he doesnt

• Like 1

Damn i was just checking out our players usage chart and man... Seeing how Palmieri is put in such a favorable spot to succeed and he can't.

Also well as great as it is to see Jack and Ty do pretty well, i sure hope they are able to keep the production going once they are put in a tougher spot against tougher competition

1519771254_ScreenShot2021-02-14at5_29_51PM.thumb.png.f70939277df278e1e132c812e439e048.png

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well can't get much easier than they are right now really based on the graphic

Which doesn’t really make much sense considering he’s playing top line. I guess most teams aren’t worrying about matchups against them.