New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

50 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is really dumb.

Its not any dumber than with the test, honestly. Since the virus has a variable incubation period, every person you bring in who tested negative could already have COVID and its just not showing up yet. 

Bottom line is, if you go, you are taking your chances. Stay away from people, wear a mask, and hope for the best.

I'll be in my living room, where no testing is required. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its not any dumber than with the test, honestly. Since the virus has a variable incubation period, every person you bring in who tested negative could already have COVID and its just not showing up yet. 

Bottom line is, if you go, you are taking your chances. Stay away from people, wear a mask, and hope for the best.

I'll be in my living room, where no testing is required. 

Hell you could get a negative test and still get sick before the test and attending the event. I definitely see the Devils selling out their allotment of tickets though since not requiring tests eliminates a hassle.

I am curious to see what ticket prices will be like though since the allotment is so small. 

Personally if I can't sit in my seats I'd also rather just stay home. I'd consider if for the playoffs(mainly the conference and cup finals lol) but really don't think that's going to be a decision I'll have to make lol

Red Bulls are allowed to do 15% capacity which is like 3,750k and most fans are joking that everyone can go like normal since attendance has been horrid lately. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hell you could get a negative test and still get sick before the test and attending the event. I definitely see the Devils selling out their allotment of tickets though since not requiring tests eliminates a hassle.

You could. The Brooklyn Nets model requires a test taken at the door on the day of the event. Even that would be inaccurate. But you can basically wipe your ass with a test 72 hours prior, all that means is as of 72 hours ago, you either didn't have it or you had it and it wasn't yet detectable. 

And lets be honest, there are plenty of people who would go to the game even if they were having symptoms because they spent money on the tickets. 

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally if I can't sit in my seats I'd also rather just stay home.

I guess thats a STH thing, I have heard it before. Those of us who bounce around the arena are already used to it lol. 

• Like 1

I know you all may think its stupid in one way or another.  Bottom line is, people are getting vaccinated, cases and hospitalizations are down, and we all need to start to get back to normal life.  Teams need to get fans back in the seats.  If you are in a supermarket, you are not tested to get in and you are within 6 feet of people all of the time moving around.

If there are 1700 fans in the building, the team will space them out to where they are not in soemone elses space when sitting.  Thats all you are asking for.  Anything else is no more dangerous that going out to a store.

In 1-2 months time, instead of 6 Pct in NJ being vaccinated, it will be closer to 20 pct.  People will want to get back out and go on trips, go to sporting events etc.

It is time....  BUT - remember it is a personal choice.  If you dont like it, don't go.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

I know you all may think its stupid in one way or another.  Bottom line is, people are getting vaccinated, cases and hospitalizations are down, and we all need to start to get back to normal life.  Teams need to get fans back in the seats.  If you are in a supermarket, you are not tested to get in and you are within 6 feet of people all of the time moving around.

If there are 1700 fans in the building, the team will space them out to where they are not in soemone elses space when sitting.  Thats all you are asking for.  Anything else is no more dangerous that going out to a store.

In 1-2 months time, instead of 6 Pct in NJ being vaccinated, it will be closer to 20 pct.  People will want to get back out and go on trips, go to sporting events etc.

It is time....  BUT - remember it is a personal choice.  If you dont like it, don't go.

I don't think it's stupid but its not an experience I'm willing to spend money on and while this can be considered a step back to normal life there's nothing normal about this current setup. I think I've been pretty clear that I've strictly been talking about my own opinion on all this stuff.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Devils and Red Bulls and I'm sitting out this whole thing until we get back to actual normal. I'd maybe change my mind for the playoffs but honestly don't think that's gonna be an issue for either team lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Not copying and pasting the whole email but season ticket holders have first dibs on tickets, I have a window when I can purchase tickets but since I have an odd number of seats I'd either have to leave someone home or eat a ticket. Not something I'm going to complain about since I'm not buying tickets but that's definitely going to affect some people. 

Here's the rest of the important stuff...

Following the Devils Black and Red Membership priority window, all remaining tickets will be released to the general public on Friday, February 26th at 11AM. Information on how to purchase tickets for games beyond the month of March will be communicated at a later date. 

The Devils and Prudential Center have diligently worked with local health and government officials to implement industry-leading standards and protocols to ensure your safety. The Prudential Center Pledgeoutlines all that we’ve done to prepare for the return of fans to the venue as well as what we need you to do to keep you and your fellow patrons safe.

Some of the key initiatives include: 

Temperature checks of all guests entering the building  

Mask wearing at all times (except while actively eating or drinking in your assigned seat) 

Hand sanitizer dispensing stations readily available  

Staggered entry and exit process to enhance social distancing  

A “no bag” policy to reduce contact upon your entrance 

Mobile ticketing to ensure a contactless entry  

6’ socially distanced seating “neighborhoods” 

Contactless payment options starting with your parking experience and throughout the arena  

Additional Guest Services Members who are specifically trained to ensure compliance for our fans regarding all health and safety protocols  

Fans can order concessions items via their mobile device, with individually wrapped, single-serve menu options available for contactless pickup in sealed bags. Please note that there are no all-inclusive seating options currently at Prudential Center 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want to attend a game under these circumstances.

With no test requirements though I believe they will sell the whole or vast majority of the allotment before the general on sale though as long as ticket prices aren't ridiculous.

I'm also curious to see what the secondary market is going to be but that is really gonna depend on what face value costs and the team not going on a downward spiral.

However without needing tests I can see a lot of Rangers, Islanders and Flyers fans trying to attend games too since it will be a less of a hassle than getting a negative test for msg or nassau.

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want to attend a game under these circumstances.

I mean I get it, I miss live hockey and all that. But I just can't imagine wanting to risk anything healthwise for it. At least not until numbers have gotten a bit lower. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is an important part too that I had missed, not sure how they are going to actually enforce this but if they somehow do will definitely affect people as well... 

"Fans will be able to attend with only those who they currently live with – defined as a “household”." 

Yeah I don’t see that getting enforced. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

However without needing tests I can see a lot of Rangers, Islanders and Flyers fans trying to attend games too since it will be a less of a hassle than getting a negative test for msg or nassau.

Possibly further spreading the virus! What fun!🙄

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I just feel like if I was sitting there, 6 feet minimum away from everyone, wearing a mask, and eating concession snacks from a sealed bag, I would feel like I am obviously doing something I should not be doing. 

I'm sure there will be someone who will pull their mask down just to yell SHHHHHOOOOOTTTTTT during a PP who will take the attention away from you lol