New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I'm sure there will be someone who will pull their mask down just to yell SHHHHHOOOOOTTTTTT during a PP who will take the attention away from you lol

Well yeah, how else would they know they are supposed to shoot???

You're silly sometimes...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CMONPETEYD said:

I know you all may think its stupid in one way or another.  Bottom line is, people are getting vaccinated, cases and hospitalizations are down, and we all need to start to get back to normal life.  Teams need to get fans back in the seats.  If you are in a supermarket, you are not tested to get in and you are within 6 feet of people all of the time moving around.

If there are 1700 fans in the building, the team will space them out to where they are not in soemone elses space when sitting.  Thats all you are asking for.  Anything else is no more dangerous that going out to a store.

In 1-2 months time, instead of 6 Pct in NJ being vaccinated, it will be closer to 20 pct.  People will want to get back out and go on trips, go to sporting events etc.

It is time....  BUT - remember it is a personal choice.  If you dont like it, don't go.

I think this is pretty spot on.  While I would never tell someone what type of decisions to make that affect them and their own personal safety, I think it's important to remember that this is indeed a choice - no one is forcing anyone to go to a game or put themselves in a situation that they're uncomfortable with - but I think it's perfectly fine to at least have the option, for those who are actually comfortable with it.  People should be able to make their own choices, and this is a way for the league and teams to start trying to dig themselves out of a pretty nasty hole that they've been put in, and I think most of the teams and the league are approaching it in a responsible manner; about as best they can do under these circumstances.  I wouldn't exactly jump through hoops to go to a game, mostly just because to me it isn't worth the hassle and frustration, but if there was minimal effort involved while still being able to remain safe (minimal amount of capacity allowed, no tests required, spaced-out seating in the arena) , I'd consider it. 

Also, I noticed that they'll be serving food and beverages in single-use containers which I agree is the right thing to do, but it got me wondering....what food at an arena wasn't single-use before?  Are they referring to the souvenir type things, like a commemorative cup or something like that?  That's the only thing I can think of, and I have to imagine those types of things accounted for a reallllly small percentage of their sales.  I can't remember the last time I got one, unless it was free or the same price as a regular food or drink item.

Pretty sure everyone knows it’s a choice and nobody is being forced to go. I think what people are expressing is that their choice is not to go because they think it’s too risky. 

For me, I’d rather not worry about it right now. 

Regarding the food, it says you will pick it up on a sealed bag after ordering from your phone. I’m not sure what difference that makes, I guess it’s protected while you carry it to your seat. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty sure everyone knows it’s a choice and nobody is being forced to go. I think what people are expressing is that their choice is not to go because they think it’s too risky. 

For me, I’d rather not worry about it right now. 

Regarding the food, it says you will pick it up on a sealed bag after ordering from your phone. I’m not sure what difference that makes, I guess it’s protected while you carry it to your seat. 

Yeah I hear ya, I was moreso referring to anyone (maybe no one here) who thinks they still shouldn't be opening it up to anyone.  I just don't see how someone could have a problem with it, being that it's a choice to go, and that by all accounts, they're doing everything they can to keep the people who do go, safe.  That's all. 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I hear ya, I was moreso referring to anyone (maybe no one here) who thinks they still shouldn't be opening it up to anyone.  I just don't see how someone could have a problem with it, being that it's a choice to go, and that by all accounts, they're doing everything they can to keep the people who do go, safe.  That's all. 

Personally I would have waited until the vaccine was better distributed, but I’m not upset. But I don’t want to be around 1,500 people either. 

• Like 1

Saw some people saying that tickets aren't going to be transferable. I'm not sure if that's true but I would absolutely get confirmation first before anyone here sells or buys to anyone else.

I didn't think they could restrict that kind of stuff but who knows anymore with the pandemic going on maybe that made an exception with this for contract tracing or something. Who knows.

This is a big fyi for anyone getting tickets this season. I'm really not a a fan of this whatsoever and considering their history of wanting to control the secondary market I almost buy this as a way for them to try to implement this under the disguise of covid protocols. This team doesn't have a scalper problem and we would all be way worse off as fans and consumers if the team is allowed to have full control over all of the tickets.

Other teams are not doing stuff like this, they are simply making you sell/transfer all of the tickets you have, ex. you can't sell 1 out of your 4 tickets, it has to be all 4. They can yap about this neighborhood stuff all they want but since there is no testing anyway and you can easily lie about who is in your household this is a rather trash move by the team imho. 

Not worth talking about it to them currently but if they try to keep this next season a lot of people will have a big issue with this... 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/team/membership-hq

For the safety of everyone attending Prudential Center, fans are asked to only sit with those from their immediate household and ticket resale is prohibited. To maintain "neighborhood" integrity, ticket transferring has been disabled for the 2020-21 NHL season.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'm not going or buying anything but logged in just out of curiosity... 

Every game is different pricing like normal based on opponent.  Like Rangers game is obviously gonna be the most expensive.

Lots of sections not even being sold, all of the 200s are closed, 116-120 are closed and the 3 black seated sections behind the benches are closed. Downstairs looks like row 12 is the closest to the glass, everything before that is closed.

For the first game vs the Islanders prices range from like $40 to $150. There's also suite tickets available for $300 and those dining table seats for $180. 

Prices resemble normal prices to me. There's also a ton of tickets still available so I do think there will be tickets left for a regular on sale.

Another thing it says is that even section numbers should enter an hour before puck drop to 30 mins before puck drop and odd section numbers 30 mins prior to puck drop to puck drop but seems like a recommendation more than anything else.

I think anyone who wants tickets will be able to get them at this point tomorrow. Seems like a lot of people would rather see how this goes first or doesn't think it's worth the hassle to see this team. The restrictions on not being able to transfer the tickets is also probably scaring some people off.

Bought Loft tix for me and my daughter, for March 4 against the Rangers.  Being that I've taken her to the food store, the mall, the amusement park at American Dream, and my gym (she has personal training twice a week), I feel OK with going to a 10% occupied arena, where everyone's wearing masks.  I am not sure if I am going to go more than once...even with social distancing and such low occupancy, I may find the experience too weird to want to repeat.  I've already told my daughter that this Loft experience is going to be much different than what she's used to...she loved the buffet and chowing down before the game (and between the first and second periods...she was always too full to eat after that).  Obviously that's not going to be a thing anytime soon.

I admit it, if the occupancy rate was 20% or more, I'm not sure that I would've taken the plunge. 

I'll let everyone know how it was.    

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Likely we will see it tomorrow, then?

Not sure cause tomorrow doesn't line up with the original schedule so maybe they are or maybe just breaking them in for Tuesday as well. 

They never released an updated schedule but if you took the old dates and adjusted them to the rescheduled ones it should be this schedule...

3/2 - NYI at 7pm

3/6 - NYR at 1pm

3/18 - PIT at 7pm

4/2 - WASH at 7pm

4/9 - PIT at 7pm

cut.jpg

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not sure cause tomorrow doesn't line up with the original schedule so maybe they are or maybe just breaking them in for Tuesday as well. 

They never released an updated schedule but if you took the old dates and adjusted them to the rescheduled ones it should be this schedule...

3/2 - NYI at 7pm

3/6 - NYR at 1pm

3/18 - PIT at 7pm

4/2 - WASH at 7pm

4/9 - PIT at 7pm

cut.jpg

If they are wearing green and red gloves and shells in practice, we’re likely seeing them tomorrow. They don’t do that for no reason.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure that in the past when we wore retro jerseys, it was always the practice before where they were the equipment. Not that that means anything, obviously they could do it either way. Doesn’t really matter to me at this point, I just want to see it in action.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Bought Loft tix for me and my daughter, for March 4 against the Rangers.  Being that I've taken her to the food store, the mall, the amusement park at American Dream, and my gym (she has personal training twice a week), I feel OK with going to a 10% occupied arena, where everyone's wearing masks.  I am not sure if I am going to go more than once...even with social distancing and such low occupancy, I may find the experience too weird to want to repeat.  I've already told my daughter that this Loft experience is going to be much different than what she's used to...she loved the buffet and chowing down before the game (and between the first and second periods...she was always too full to eat after that).  Obviously that's not going to be a thing anytime soon.

I admit it, if the occupancy rate was 20% or more, I'm not sure that I would've taken the plunge. 

I'll let everyone know how it was.    

Jealous. Not there yet myself, but still jealous lol. 

We’ve certainly been plenty of places with people, but it’s been much smaller scale than even a 10% full arena.

It’s probably not rational to not want to go, but it’s just how I’m feeling right now. Maybe I’ll get there. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Jealous. Not there yet myself, but still jealous lol. 

We’ve certainly been plenty of places with people, but it’s been much smaller scale than even a 10% full arena.

It’s probably not rational to not want to go, but it’s just how I’m feeling right now. Maybe I’ll get there. 

I don’t think there’s any right or wrong.  I can definitely fully understand and respect the “I’m not ready” or “I’m not feeling this yet” viewpoint.

This is going to be so unlike any Devils game that I’ve ever been to...went to a preseason game many years ago (1992)...I forget how many fans were there (5k maybe?).  Guess this will be in the ballpark.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t think there’s any right or wrong.  I can definitely fully understand and respect the “I’m not ready” or “I’m not feeling this yet” viewpoint.

This is going to be so unlike any Devils game that I’ve ever been to...went to a preseason game many years ago (1992)...I forget how many fans were there (5k maybe?).  Guess this will be in the ballpark.

My problem is trusting others to actually care or follow the rules. I watched the rangers game for a few and there's at least 4 people in one shot with their masks all the way down and yelling after a goal simply cause they have been milking a tall boy all game long.