New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That definitely cost more than $200...

$250 at least. 

I like it overall, but I like my goalie helmets to be more team oriented. Red and black or team logos of some kind are strongly encouraged. That helmet is cool but it could be anyone's helmet on any team in any league. 

The two front teeth thing is funny though. 

26 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

6-8 weeks minimum for a sinus fracture.

God damn it

Depends on the severity and location, and whether he’s going to come back with a full shield at some point. 

It makes no difference at this point, so they should just let him heal up and bring him back when he’s ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nolan Patrick has been healthy all season. Is there some sort of agreement they can't play at the same time? 

• Haha 4

My big worry right now is the losing mentality. We all hit in it over the years, but losing is easy and it takes a lot to win.

If we punt off our dead-weight (which I’m all for, by the way), we bring up your guys who will become accustomed to losing and the cycle of pathetic underperforming is in danger of maintaining. Of course I don’t have the simple answer but the way I see it, outside of Kulikov, our UFAs can be traded for the collective sum of District 5 from Mighty Ducks. I understand Palms’ value is plummeting game after game, GTG hasn’t done anything of note this year, Vats is a shell of his former useful self (and literally laughing about it), and Murray has apparently murdered Lindy’s favorite puppy or smashed his collectors ceramic Buffalo Wing to never play again...

Again, not saying pull immediate triggers, outside of shooting nASS into the sun to remove that last perennial loser from the DBA era, but this team didn’t just lose its identity over the COVID break, they lost everything that made them different from years past. 

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

The special teams are making this group fully unwatchable. I can’t take it any more. 

Right now, we’re killing penalties at a 63% click. 

Or, to use a more exciting way of describing it, the Devils PK is making opposing power-plays look roughly twice as good as the 1983-1984 Edmonton Oilers powerplay. 

Yep. The greatest offense in the history of the league. 

If the Devils managed to kill off their next 44 penalties, that would get them all the way up to...league average.  They'd need to kill off that many in a row just to get to 79%.  

I posted this a while back, but only TWICE since 1970 has a team managed to finish a season with a less-than-70% kill rate...the Kings were the team to do it both times, but at least they were not too far off 70% in both cases. 

As a saying goes, you can get by if one of your special teams isn't good, but the other is...the 2002-03 Devils were dead last in PP% (under 12%, if you can believe that), but were beastly in the PK (over 87% and 1st overall).  When both of your STs suck (and one is on its way to being historically awful), just impossible to overcome that.   

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Little surprised about McLeod but I'm guessing it won't be long

Me too, aside from Nico who has barely played, and Miles Wood who is 1 for 1, McLeod is our second best face-off guy and he's only out of first by a hair. 

Someone has to win us some faceoffs, I don't know if I would be so quick to remove McLeod from the roster. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Nothing personal against Seney but the last thing we need is a flea size guy making his way closer to making the lineup here.  Maybe McLeod wasn't soft enough? Jeez.

Yeah, we have “undersized guy with no finish” pretty well covered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

We are sliding rapidly towards Hynes level "throw and much sh!t at the wall and see if any of it sticks" territory. 

Don't like the move to get rid of McLeod. 

It’s a joke. No idea what the hell the rationale is for this one.

I don’t know this guy, but if the Bruins have PK in their sights, let’s make that happen. 

https://www.thedailygoalhorn.com/nhl-rumors-p-k-subban-a-bruins-trade-target-tanner-pearson-on-the-block-maple-leafs-and-hurricanes-looking-at-mikael-granlund/

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

It’s a joke. No idea what the hell the rationale is for this one.

Maybe he’s banged up and he’s getting a day off? It’s all I can think of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

"Now there’s some thought that the dynamic defender, who doesn’t have a no-trade clause could get moved at the deadline

"

I thought we were talking about PK? 

• Like 2