New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

39 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Speaking of Madden, I always think about this assist he had on probably the nicest shorty Gionta has scored.  (Warning: This video was probably filmed using a toaster)

And side note, when I was looking for that replay, I found this and goddamn, it really brought up some feels.

My god as if the breakaway acceleration and speed wasn’t enough, what a shot by Kovy.

Edited by devlman

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Am I missing something with Merkley? The dude brings it every night.  

Aside from losing his jock on that one play last night, yeah, I would have kept him in over Maltsev. And I would have kept them both over Johnsson. 

• Like 2

Merkley looked pretty good earlier in the season when they played him. I don't think he's looked as good the last couple times they moved him from the taxi squad, but I'm not sure what they're expecting out of the kid. He barely had a handful of NHL games before this season and I agree on having him and Maltsev over Johnson right now. 

Merkley was on the ice for I believe 3 of the 5 goals against last night.  He has "heart" I guess and does some good things along the boards, but even with the eye test he looks iffy a lot of times and from what I understand his underlying numbers aren't great.

Plus with Nico coming back this move had to be made.  No one is going to pick up Merkley.

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Merkley was on the ice for I believe 3 of the 5 goals against last night.  He has "heart" I guess and does some good things along the boards, but even with the eye test he looks iffy a lot of times and from what I understand his underlying numbers aren't great.

Plus with Nico coming back this move had to be made.  No one is going to pick up Merkley.

He’ll clear I’m sure. Like you said, someone had to go, and he’s the low man. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So rumor has it that Holtz is going to come on over now that his SHL season is over. 

And there is one more Reverse Retro game. Whoever bought that Holtz #88, the pieces could fall into place for you...

I'd like to see him get a look!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

At this point, why the hell not?? 

Exactly! I remember when Zacha got his first games a few seasons back at the end of the season, that was cool. I'd love to see a Hughes to Smith to Holtz for the one-timer on the PP ;) 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

Gusev on unconditional waivers for termination.

Man as someone else said previously - this is another one of those Shero trades that made all sorts of sense at the time. I can't fault him for trying at all, sucks that it didn't work out.

51 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Gusev on unconditional waivers for termination.

Man as someone else said previously - this is another one of those Shero trades that made all sorts of sense at the time. I can't fault him for trying at all, sucks that it didn't work out.

Yeah Shero did try (especially with limited resources), and I thought he made plenty of good "on paper" moves, but his luck was mostly sh!t.  I was in Iceland at the time Goose was acquired, and was plenty excited by the move.  Bummer.