New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Given where the team currently is, sure, why not give him a look.  But not someone I’m expecting much from (he was a 5th rounder, so not like he was supposed to be some sure thing).  Guessing that due to his being in the last year of his ELC, might as well see if he has any future as a bottom 6er. 

• Like 1

So, here we go again watching the standings in reverse order for draft position.

Seems like Buffalo, Ottawa and Anaheim are firmly out of reach.  Detroit may be tough to stay behind as well with three games at hand.  So it's looking like 4th-5th would be best case scenario.  

According to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/ConferenceA/East/NewJersey.html our most likely landing spot is 5/6.  Not really too concerned over a couple spots at this point with the scouting process being totally fvcked thanks to COVID.  Maybe they'll get a legit player at their spot.

Luke Hughes ranked anywhere from 4th to 7th depending on the service you look at, FWIW

image.thumb.png.376082e3b7045611091029770477c742.png

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It's impossible to state how important it is to stay behind Vancouver. It seems likely at face value; but then you remember how poorly the Devils played post-covid and by all accounts Vancouver got the bug wayyyyy worse than we did. 

If Vancouver does finish behind us in the standings, it's time to use that extra 1st and jump them. This draft has to be for Luke Hughes.

If the theory is having the 2nd and 3rd best Hughes brothers (at least right now) might get us the best one, I guess that works. 

I am usually a "best player available guy", or maybe even a "best player available at the position we need to fill" guy is there isn't an obvious choice. Luke being ranked 4-6 and being a defenseman sounds like what we need regardless of his family. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If the theory is having the 2nd and 3rd best Hughes brothers (at least right now) might get us the best one, I guess that works. 

I am usually a "best player available guy", or maybe even a "best player available at the position we need to fill" guy is there isn't an obvious choice. Luke being ranked 4-6 and being a defenseman sounds like what we need regardless of his family. 

Yeah I'm 100% with MB3 here, if he's on the board when the Devils are up (barring a lottery win to #1OA maybe) you have to pick him.  Quinn hitting UFA before Jack and Luke could potentially work in our favor here.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So, here we go again watching the standings in reverse order for draft position.

Seems like Buffalo, Ottawa and Anaheim are firmly out of reach.  Detroit may be tough to stay behind as well with three games at hand.  So it's looking like 4th-5th would be best case scenario.  

According to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/ConferenceA/East/NewJersey.html our most likely landing spot is 5/6.  Not really too concerned over a couple spots at this point with the scouting process being totally fvcked thanks to COVID.  Maybe they'll get a legit player at their spot.

Luke Hughes ranked anywhere from 4th to 7th depending on the service you look at, FWIW

image.thumb.png.376082e3b7045611091029770477c742.png

Don't forget the Kraken will have a guaranteed top 6 pick in there as well.  Unless I am looking at it wrong, right now we may be drafting as late as 8th overall.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Apparently, Devils have filed a trademark for Utica Devils.  Rumor is that the Devils will move Bing Devils there due to a dispute between the NJ Devils ownership and local ownership of the Bing Devils.

Bring back the old jerseys!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nessus said:

Nolan Foote is on the taxi squad. So excited to see him play, hopefully he gets into a game soon.

Can’t wait to see him - he’s looked good for Bing this season. Holtz should be over soon, too. Looking forward to seeing the entire lineup healthy with the top prospects in there.

12 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Random, but with no Zajac or Palmieri the highest current Devils all time points leaders are Severson (176), Nico (138), Zacha (133), and Bratt (125) but I could have read that wrong

God that’s like expansion level quantities... woof...

• Sad 1