New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

It’s crazy to me that people can’t even like a goalie mask without it turning into an argument. Ah the internet...lol

If I have this summarized correctly:

1) Crawford’s new mask is as bad as Ariana Grande

2) Ariana Grande is an elite skater

3) Crawford should’ve put Ariana Grande on his mask

4) We should’ve signed Res Skull as our backup goalie

5) Nicomo is wrong. 

Did I cover it all?

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

It’ll probably get canceled anyway for looking too much like Red Skull...

Wait, is that not supposed to be Red Skull??

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I assume it’s just supposed to be a demon. At least I would hope so with Red Skull being a Nazi and all...

Definitely not a comic book guy and I forgot that part. But that’s fvcking Red Skull if I ever saw him...

Maybe it’s Ariana Grande before makeup. 

Edited by mfitz804

imo - way way way too many things up in the air for them to start in the middle of Jan. one of them being they don't even know if they're going with a hub scenario because some teams can't even practice in their home arenas because of restrictions, nevermind the fans.

https://www.nhl.com/news/bettman-2020-21-season-update-discussion/c-319817284?tid=280751000

We are focused on starting at some point hopefully in mid-January," Commissioner Bettman said via video conference in a panel discussion on "Holding Domestic and International Competitions in the Modern Conditions of a Pandemic" at the World Hockey Forum in Moscow.

"… It is clear that we will not be playing an 82-game schedule for the regular season, which we normally do, but we're going to try and play as many games as possible."

The NHL and the NHLPA are trying to adjust to government regulations at all levels, from restrictions at the Canada-United States border to restrictions on gatherings in different jurisdictions, and the coronavirus situation in each market. 

"Right now, we're focused on whether or not we're going to play in our buildings and do some limited traveling or play in a bubble, and that's something we're working on and getting medical advice on," Commissioner Bettman said.

Commissioner Bettman said the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Dallas Stars carried a "huge burden" when they spent more than two months isolated from family and friends in the 2020 postseason, a 24-team tournament in Toronto and Edmonton. Teams entered the bubble July 26. The Lightning defeated the Stars in the Stanley Cup Final on Sept. 28.

"We don't think we can conduct an entire regular season that way," Commissioner Bettman said. "But circumstances, depending on where COVID[-19] is spiking and where the medical system is being taxed at any given time, may require us to adjust.

"So, for example, we have a couple of clubs that can't hold training camp or conduct games even without fans in their current buildings and facilities, and we're going to have to move them somewhere else to play.

"If enough teams can't play, again, without fans, in their own facilities, then we may have to move more and more towards a hub. It may be that some teams are playing in other buildings. It may be that a whole group of teams have to play in other buildings.

Everyone has to stand 6 feet apart, so let’s build separate plexiglass enclosures that each player is required to stay in, and have it open about 6 inches on the bottom for the puck to pass underneath. 

The referee is not allowed to touch the puck, so we take a kettle of boiling water to sterilize pucks, then scoop them out with a ladle and fling it out to center ice as needed. 

Obviously the goalie cannot touch the puck either, so we have to eliminate that position altogether and replace it with a cutout of a goalie that’s controlled foosball style by the #1 and #2 goalies, who have to sit on opposite sides of the ice. 

If it’s tied at the end of regulation, whoever guesses closest to how many fingers I’m holding up wins. Hint, it’s one finger on each hand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, thats one way to force a Canadian team into the conference finals, and also increase the odds of the drought ending...

Kidding aside, there goes my bubble-team hopes for this year. I mean if things go perfectly, maybe that 4th spot is reachable, but damn...

I went over to NHL.com to see the standings from last season just for reference and the Standings tab is now buried under "Stats". First time I've been on there in a while so maybe its been like that fro a bit, but still.

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Well, thats one way to force a Canadian team into the conference finals, and also increase the odds of the drought ending...

Kidding aside, there goes my bubble-team hopes for this year. I mean if things go perfectly, maybe that 4th spot is reachable, but damn...

I went over to NHL.com to see the standings from last season just for reference and the Standings tab is now buried under "Stats". First time I've been on there in a while so maybe its been like that fro a bit, but still.

well that way vancouver will obviously make the playoffs so i guess getting their pick last season was probably the best we could do with that pick

plus scouting this year is going to be a nightmare and will obviously not have full and clear reports like they usually do. Bunch of kids are not playing... scouts won't be able to travel as much etc etc... so it's going to be a pretty inaccurate and wild draft im sure

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

hope we are good at scoutin cause this is gonna be another top 5 pick. couple more years. 

There will be enough good defensemen. We should not miss. One problem only Clark is right handed defenseman and he didn`t play still.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Talked with a guy who is a Rags fan last night. He is certain the Rags are going to go far in the next 5 seasons. Ugh 

Why not? I hate to admit it, but they have a good squad and a wonderful set of young hockey players. Only a quick decline of Panarin and Trouba can negatively affect them.

Edited by Guadana

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

First team in the NHL to officially announce ads on the helmet.  Are you all as proud as I am?

You just know we'll be the first to stick a patch on the jersey as well.  All a matter of time.

Could be worse. Likely will be eventually. 

6198FFEC-76C0-4D88-BB98-764356C43887.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

First team in the NHL to officially announce ads on the helmet.  Are you all as proud as I am?

I expected this. The Sixers were one of the first teams in the NBA to put ads on their jerseys. Also, the Devils lose money with fans in the building, so with no gate revenue at all, they need to make it up somewhere. I hate it, but it’s the least surprising thing I’ve heard today.

Edited by MadDog2020

I hope the logos are not blue like that picture, match it to the color scheme at least like these.... 

Either way I still hate the ads, especially the blue on the white helmet but these ads were coming whether there was covid or not, was just a matter or time and covid sped it up.

We are fed enough corporate garbage throughout entire games as it is but hey might as well shove some more down our throats, the jersey ads will be next because people aren't loud enough with their distaste for this stuff.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3