New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Murray - Subban

Smith - Severson

Butcher - Vatanen

well that's bad news for the young guys trying to crack the lineup but vat usually get injured so they'll have their shot.

Also i guess i'd rather have vatanen on the second pairing and on the left side but i don't think i'd want to risk a Butcher Smith pairing just yet... i'd rather pair smith with a veteran if possible

you're forgetting Kulikov.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i will donate $5 to the website if you literally never do this again. 

Dare I say he’s.... jacked? 🤪

lol    

Posted Images

Welcome back, Sami! He will be great partner for Smith! I’m happy he is coming back. One of my best NJD in past years. 
This is a great news when news are bad often.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

you're 110% right.

i forgot about him until i saw his name at practice the other day

Then proceeded to forget about him again lol

Is he playing on the left or right side?

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Murray - Subban

Smith - Severson

Butcher - Vatanen

well that's bad news for the young guys trying to crack the lineup but vat usually get injured so they'll have their shot.

Also i guess i'd rather have vatanen on the second pairing and on the left side but i don't think i'd want to risk a Butcher Smith pairing just yet... i'd rather pair smith with a veteran if possible

I like those pairings. Okhotyuk, Bahl, and Walsh all need seasoning over at the practice rink with the RWJ Barnabas Health Hockey House Devils of Binghamton. 

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I think he’ll be the 7th.

Wasn't so long ago that we were wondering how much a guy like Vatanen would get (terms and money per)...pretty sure no one dreamed it would ever be 1 year @ $2 million.  A solid "makes sense" kind of signing, for that price.  

The Crawford situation...hope that doesn't turn out to be as bad as it feels like it's going to be.  Damn.  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I like those pairings. Okhotyuk, Bahl, and Walsh all need seasoning over at the practice rink with the RWJ Barnabas Health Hockey House Devils of Binghamton. 

I think he’ll be the 7th.

I don't mind any of this youngster taking the job of Butcher (if they deserve it of course... But i'm not sure it's thaaaat difficult to be better than Butcher) 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep, they have RJWBHHHDOB written all over them. Except where the ads are on their helmets. 

Between Murray and Vatanen, and Smith not having yet made the team, there’s a lot of room for the young guys to show what they have. Plus, Vatanen gets moved at the trade deadline for something, opening a space. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it should have been obvious to us he didn't want to be here by only spending $200 on his mask paintjob........

Excellent callback. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Welcome back, Sami! He will be great partner for Smith! I’m happy he is coming back. One of my best NJD in past years. 
This is a great news when news are bad often.

See the source image

Fuhgettabout it...

VATS IS VATS!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i precisely knew you'd particularly appreciate it

You were correct. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

If Murray and Vatanen can both stay healthy (big if) the defense might not completely suck. 

I’d settle for one staying healthy and we only suck a little. 

Sami is a great piece to have back, especially since we got players and picks for him less than a year ago. 

As for Crawford, I'm kind of surprised to see people going after him. The way I read what Palms and Zajac said it came across like he may have been having issues mentally. Whether it be depression or anxiety, I think that's hit a lot of us here at some point, especially with the year we've all been through. I'm gonna cut him some slack until he or someone else says that he flat out just doesn't want to play for the Devils. 

That being said, good thing I didn't buy his jersey like I was planning on last week if he does decide to walk away

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Sami is a great piece to have back, especially since we got players and picks for him less than a year ago. 

As for Crawford, I'm kind of surprised to see people going after him. The way I read what Palms and Zajac said it came across like he may have been having issues mentally. Whether it be depression or anxiety, I think that's hit a lot of us here at some point, especially with the year we've all been through. I'm gonna cut him some slack until he or someone else says that he flat out just doesn't want to play for the Devils. 

That being said, good thing I didn't buy his jersey like I was planning on last week if he does decide to walk away

If it’s depression/anxiety, ok, I’m fine with that. If he just realized he doesn’t want to be here, then he can take a hike on the Jersey Turnpike. 

I would definitely have bought his jersey, I have one of most of our recent goalies. So that plan is on hold.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Looks like it will be banners/ads in the lower bowl since they are putting these in section 133 but if anyone is actually interested in a cardboard cutout, here ya go...

https://www.nhl.com/devils/fans/devils-fan-cutouts?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021+fan+cutouts&utm_content=memberinsider

Are we pooling our money just to make it a full section of PKs for @SterioDesign?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
59 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Looks like it will be banners/ads in the lower bowl since they are putting these in section 133 but if anyone is actually interested in a cardboard cutout, here ya go...

https://www.nhl.com/devils/fans/devils-fan-cutouts?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021+fan+cutouts&utm_content=memberinsider

I’m definitely doing a cardboard cutout. For $65? Why not. 

Edited by MadDog2020
7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are we pooling our money just to make it a full section of PKs for @SterioDesign?

I don't even think we have enough members any more to do that without us each needing to buy like 10-20 PKs.....but every cutout could be a different outfit of his, we do know that PK would absolutely love it lol

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You know I’m one of the biggest mental health advocates there are. But if he decided last week he suddenly doesn’t like Jersey, AFTER signing for two years a few months ago, he can pound sand.

If it’s Health or family and I 100% get it and will support him. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'll chip in actually.

It's no secret that players play better when they have special people they love in the stands.

And well PK love himself more than anything else in the world so... If that's what it takes to have him play well. So be it.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I'll chip in actually.

It's no secret that players play better when they have special people they love in the stands.

And well PK love himself more than anything else in the world so... If that's what it takes to have him play well. So be it.

I’m thinking your avatar and my avatar should be on cutouts and sit next to each other. 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You know I’m one of the biggest mental health advocates there are. But if he decided last week he suddenly doesn’t like Jersey, AFTER signing for two years a few months ago, he can pound sand.

Absolutely, I know you are and I apologize if my comment came off like I was talking to any one person.  Mental health is a big deal for me as well although I'm probably not as vocal as I should be.

I guess I'm just waiting to see one way or the other. If he actually decided he didn't want to play here, than I would have rather he just quietly asked for a trade instead of staying home. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This.

43 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Someone should give him the Paulie Walnuts

ShamelessLikableGoshawk-small.gif

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m thinking your avatar and my avatar should be on cutouts and sit next to each other. 

That's the weirdest but also most creative way i've ever been asked on a date so far.

But i get it, modern problems require modern solutions

Edited by SterioDesign