New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

USNDTP started in 1996, these are the USA born players taken #1OA since then:

Rick DiPietro - didn’t play in program 

Erik Johnson - played NCAA after program 

Patrick Kane - payed OHL after program 

Auston Matthews - player in Europe after program 

Thanks. When I was looking it up I found that some players in generations past had skipped development leagues and went straight from high school into the NHL. If I popped off about Hughes going from the USNTDP to the NHL, I could see it blowing up in my face when someone inevitably brought up some of these players. I wanted to save myself the potential embarrassment lol. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i will donate $5 to the website if you literally never do this again. 

Dare I say he’s.... jacked? 🤪

lol    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

you should have hidden this text under the "spoiler" box.

I dont think that Jack svcked last season. His stats svcked, but he`s not. I know everybody like to jerk off to numbers in the draft. This is just an assessment of the desire to take the player earlier. 
Positions in the draft do not give anything, do not guarantee anything. People evaluate players based on their positions in the draft, but in fact these positions are only a tribute to previous achievements earned in other leagues. People get confused about cause and effect. In the NHL, a specific game that requires certain competencies from different levels of talent. It seems to me that it is much more appropriate to evaluate players based on the development of similar talents, complexion and responsibilities. How quickly have small, fast, and skinny playmakers developed in the NHL? What did Datsyuk show in the NHL at Jack's age? Who were the players he played with? What has he gone through to live up to the compliments he has earned with his career? Only in this way we will be able to conduct a thorough assessment.

Yeah also i don't think Jack was hurting the team AND it's not like Kakko was lighting up either... So we literally picked the best player we possibly could.So even if he didn't produce as much as we wanted. What were the other options? haha

Also obviously Jack had a lot of success playing with a sniper who was the best goal scorer in his draft class. That obviously helped his point total and obviously help his success. But then you put him with Zacha and Simmons... it's not the same thing at all

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah also i don't think Jack was hurting the team AND it's not like Kakko was lighting up either... So we literally picked the best player we possibly could.So even if he didn't produce as much as we wanted. What were the other options? haha

Also obviously Jack had a lot of success playing with a sniper who was the best goal scorer in his draft class. That obviously helped his point total and obviously help his success. But then you put him with Zacha and Simmons... it's not the same thing at all

Foote will look really good on Jack’s wing in a couple years...

But let’s not give Caufield all the credit here. He definitely missed Jack as well last year at Wisconsin. 19 G in 36 GP is pretty damn good, but our boy Tyce Thompson had the same amount so it’s not like Caufield was in elite company or anything. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Foote will look really good on Jack’s wing in a couple years...

But let’s not give Caufield all the credit here. He definitely missed Jack as well last year at Wisconsin. 19 G in 36 GP is pretty damn good, but our boy Tyce Thompson had the same amount so it’s not like Caufield was in elite company or anything. 

not giving him all the credits but when you have a guy who can really shoot and pick corners from anywhere that's helping you a lot as a center. And vice versa.

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

not giving him all the credits but when you have a guy who can really shoot and pick corners from anywhere that's helping you a lot as a center. And vice versa.

Of course, and I should have said too much credit, not all. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Of course, and I should have said too much credit, not all. 

You're right. You really should have said that.

But i hope you can reflect on that misstep over the course of the day and use this as a building block for personal growth.

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You're right. You really should have said that.

But i hope you can reflect on that misstep over the course of the day and use this as a building block for personal growth.

I certainly will. I will watch one entire period of the 2019 New Jersey Devils as penance!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I certainly will. I will watch one entire period of the 2019 New Jersey Devils as penance!

I was gonna say 2016 but even I can’t be that cruel. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hey man, don’t sh!t on Jordan Tootoo and David Schlemko like that. 

Or the 5 guys from that roster that are still in the NHL lol. 

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Five? That sounds like a lot lol.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn’t look, it’s an estimate lol. 

Well, i did take the time to check.

I did go with the FULL season roster though so It's a lot more than 5.

Yet... still incredibly depressing for wtv reasons. What a fvcking terrible terrible terrible team

300916454_ScreenShot2020-08-30at11_06_06PM.thumb.png.5a3c0e8da78f036ef592e018abb32e3f.png

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You left Blandisi and Kinkaid, which may have been generous on your part.  I’m not sure either of them has an NHL job. 

Yeah i've been quite generous but Blandisi did play 21 games this season and KK played 6... so they played this year

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i've been quite generous but Blandisi did play 21 games this season and KK played 6... so they played this year

Ehh, I bet if we look into those circumstances, someone was hurt, etc. when they were brought up. I wouldn’t consider that having an NHL job, but I suppose technically they played. 

But even still, if those guys are NHL “talent” from that year, it’s still not saying much about that roster. 

I wonder how many guys post-2012 went from being regulars on the Devils roster to not finding an NHL job. Maybe they were traded, they had a shot and were ultimately demoted, etc. Not guys who retired or were hurts, but guys that just couldn’t land another regular spot. 

I feel like I can think of at least 6 off the top of my head. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ehh, I bet if we look into those circumstances, someone was hurt, etc. when they were brought up. I wouldn’t consider that having an NHL job, but I suppose technically they played. 

But even still, if those guys are NHL “talent” from that year, it’s still not saying much about that roster. 

I wonder how many guys post-2012 went from being regulars on the Devils roster to not finding an NHL job. Maybe they were traded, they had a shot and were ultimately demoted, etc. Not guys who retired or were hurts, but guys that just couldn’t land another regular spot. 

I feel like I can think of at least 6 off the top of my head. 

Ah well i was trying to be nice too. Anytime i bring up how bad the 2015 roster was there's a handful of posters here who get PTSD and lose their sh!t cause they see it as a jab as Lou and they simply can't handle it. I mean... if we talk about how much were lacking talent now and why we still suck... you can't ignore we started from this roster. You simply don't rebuild from this within 4-5 years.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You simply don't rebuild from this within 4-5 years.

Clearly lol. 

Edited by mfitz804
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Clearly lol. 

this is one of the most frustrating thing here.

Fans whining that Shero couldn't rebuilt and make a contender within 4-5 years... but you can't bring up what he started with cause that's either "just an excuse" or "an obvious jab at Lou".

I started a topic starting from the 2015 roster and went through every drafts, free agency and trades that we could have done and what was available every season up to this year... it CLEARLY showed that it was either impossible or that we would have required a magic ball to know how players would turn out in order to have a decent roster today. Plus considering most of our draft picks would take years to develop and make the NHL within those first 4-5 years (plus we had basically nothing in the pipeline and almost nothing of value to trade without being a lateral move like the Henrique Vatanen trade.

In all fairness to KK, he was very good down the stretch in our last trip to playoffs in Hall's  (albeit he sh>t the bed in playoffs). I think we felt, maybe he's legit? Didn't turn out that way. I'm hoping Blackwood is all he';s supposed to be. (fingers crossed) 

On Blandisi, sad that in his "highlight" reel would be a brutally bad dive.  I remember him beating the King on a semi breakaway.

39 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

In all fairness to KK, he was very good down the stretch in our last trip to playoffs in Hall's  (albeit he sh>t the bed in playoffs). I think we felt, maybe he's legit? Didn't turn out that way. I'm hoping Blackwood is all he';s supposed to be. (fingers crossed) 

Yes, KK had his moments. My only point was after leaving NJ he hasn’t had an NHL job. 

To me it shows just how sh!tty our roster was.  We had numerous players literally no other team would have in the NHL. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Guadana said:

Good video with an analysis and criticism of Hughes' game.

This is a great video. This guy knew the Devils needed a coaching change long before Devils' management did. And hopefully it'll star to convince some people that Hughes is much better than his point totals suggest.

Edited by nessus
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, nessus said:

This is a great video. This guy knew the Devils needed a coaching change long before Devils' management did. And hopefully it'll star to convince some people that Hughes is much better than his point totals suggest.

I've said it time and time again in debates on reddit and hfboards - but if you watched the kid last year you knew he wasn't the problem.  His lack of production wasn't because he wasn't setting people up.

Simmonds and, to a lesser extent, Palmieri were consistently unable to bury the opportunities that Hughes generated pretty much on his own.  Taylor Hall couldn't buy a goal for the better part of his season here, too, which didn't help Jack's stats.

Let's surround the kid with some actual talent and see how he does before writing him off.  I'm going to start utilizing this video lol

• Like 1