New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Could this camp get any worse? Nico shows up hurt, Bratt’s holding out and now Crawford peaces out on the eve of the season.

Well, Sharangovich is clearly the next McDavid so it’s not all bad. :D

Also, this is 100% @Guadana’s fault for making fun of Crawford’s mask. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Woo woo!

Sweet, I thought that was the case but wasn't sure.  A dead call hit is pretty stupid in general. I mean, you're essentially saying we're not gonna require that the player get paid because of the situation, but we're still gonna penalize the team. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I keep thinking someone should take a chance on Josh Ho-Sang, I feel like a change of scene is just what that dude needs. 

I dunno... that dude had a very bad rep already at the draft and it was part of the reason he was taken lower than expected.

And this is not rumours or wtv. It was literally brought up multiple times at the draft. Here's a clip. 

And seeing what sort of career he had so far suggest nothing but that the claims were true. And ironically... Garth Snow isn't there either lol

He's also insanely arrogant and cocky.

Edited by SterioDesign

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I dunno... that dude had a very bad rep already at the draft and it was part of the reason he was taken lower than expected.

And this is not rumours or wtv. It was literally brought up multiple times at the draft. Here's a clip. 

And seeing what sort of career he had so far suggest nothing but that the claims were true. And ironically... Garth Snow isn't there either lol

He's also insanely arrogant and cocky.

Right. But maybe a change of scene might shake him up. Or it may not. But languishing in the Isles minor league system clearly didn’t work. 

18 minutes ago, Guadana said:

yap. you got it. Point, not $200. Hope you not. If it was you, that would explain a lot.

I don’t know if I agree or disagree with this. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right. But maybe a change of scene might shake him up. Or it may not. But languishing in the Isles minor league system clearly didn’t work. 

Not impossible i guess but i don't believe it personally. IF going from juniors to the AHL wasn't a big shake up enough to get his sh!t together i doubt anything would

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right. But maybe a change of scene might shake him up. Or it may not. But languishing in the Isles minor league system clearly didn’t work. . 

I hope someone claims him and gives him a shot. This "bad attitude" label seems to latch on to some players young and follow them forever  

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I hope someone claims him and gives him a shot. This "bad attitude" label seems to latch on to some players young and follow them forever  

well when they do clean their act it seems fine. Didn't Merril had a bad rep and thats why he dropped to us at the draft? We never heard back from any problems with him. Then you have guys like Duclair who had a very bad rep and who's been on 17 different NHL teams already lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well when they do clean their act it seems fine. Didn't Merril had a bad rep and thats why he dropped to us at the draft? We never heard back from any problems with him. Then you have guys like Duclair who had a very bad rep and who's been on 17 different NHL teams already lol

Merrill got in trouble at Michigan after we drafted him, right? Like I feel I remember Lou even commenting on it or something.

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Merrill got in trouble at Michigan after we drafted him, right? Like I feel I remember Lou even commenting on it or something.

oh maybe. its very blurry.

But yeah... now that you bring up Lou. You couldnt be more opposite than Ho-Sang and Lou. I just can't see that work at all lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

35 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Merrill and a few team mates were accused of sexually harassing some girls. Duclair supposedly had "attitude problems" because he didn't get along with coach Patrick Roy when he was on the Remparts. He and Erne were suspended together but I don't remember Erne getting tagged with the attitude thing. 

7 minutes ago, moustic said:

Especially when they are black .. it looks like ! 

Please don't make this about race. It has nothing to do with it.

discarding countless claims with proofs just because of skin colour is just as toxic as judging negatively someone because of the colour of their skin.

Actions are all that matters

Edited by SterioDesign

57 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s what I’m saying. And the best thing for him would probably be a fresh start. 

not saying with us, necessarily, just in general. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1