New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

15 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Where I give Crawford the benefit of the doubt is that I truly believe that he thought that whatever "crushed" feelings that he was experiencing about no longer being with the 'Hawks were going to be fully resolved by the time he would report to the team...when he put the pen to paper, I don't think he was thinking "Well, I can always bail if I'm not feeling it"...I don't think he considered that as some legit option at the time.  He signed with the intent of playing.

That being said, I'm not going to lie; now that I've had a little time to digest this, I'm annoyed with him too.  Don't hate the guy or anything, and I'm giving the "human element" a lot of weight (people sometimes do change their minds, even if it's inconvenient as hell to everyone else), and I'm not in his shoes...but yeah, a part of me wishes that he had more deeply explored what he was feeling, before committing and then uncommitting to the team that I root for more fervently than any other.  I feel like the parent of a daughter who just got dumped by someone who she really was into (and is now hurting), but it turned out that she was a just rebound to him, and he wasn't into it nearly as much...OK, on one level, at least you were honest, and let her go relatively quickly...you didn't string her along too too long, and she'll recover.  Doesn't mean that I'm happy with you, or want anything more to do with you.  

The funny (and sad) thing is that this is about as "rebound" of a scenario as it gets:

Dude gets dumped by his longtime girlfriend (or in this case, more of a divorce, that he didn't want).

Dude is devastated (I believe that Crawford used that exact word initially).

Dude finds a new girl that seems very interested in him...that's enough to suck him in, even though he still hasn't processed the death of his previous relationship.  At first, just being wanted by another seems like it's enough.  

Dude is mentally trying to move on, but seems stuck...can't stop thinking about the one that left him.

Dude finally does what he has to, what's right for him, and gets out of a relationship he simply wasn't ready for.  He did the right thing for him and that's a good thing.  Doesn't mean that the girl he dumped has to pat him on the back.  She's hurt and will be...she'll get over it in time, and will realize that it's for the best (given what we know now, would anyone want Crawford around the team if he was so conflicted about still playing?), but that doesn't mean the present doesn't blow.    

i'm expecting a royalty cheque coming my way for this girlfriend analogy.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i will donate $5 to the website if you literally never do this again. 

Dare I say he’s.... jacked? 🤪

lol    

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm expecting a royalty cheque coming my way for this girlfriend analogy.

You spell check weird, but that’s funny nonetheless. 

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You spell check weird, but that’s funny nonetheless. 

I think that's how they spell it in England as well...think it's kind of a Euro thing?  I've seen it before (and yeah it does look weird). 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think that's how they spell it in England as well...think it's kind of a Euro thing?  I've seen it before (and yeah it does look weird). 

I’m not sure, I ran spell cheque and it seems right to me. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya that's a very questionable pickup. I would have prefered a veteran to mentor Black, not another AHL goalie. I really hope our scouts know what they are doing...

This almost looks like it confirms Wedgewood is going to be our #2, with Comrie being the #3.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This almost looks like it confirms Wedgewood is going to be our #2, with Comrie being the #3.

I think it's just another G to fill the roster requirement for # of goalies between NHL, AHL, and Taxi. 

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think it's just another G to fill the roster requirement for # of goalies between NHL, AHL, and Taxi. 

I assume they want Senn in the AHL? 

Just now, Nicomo said:

I assume they want Senn in the AHL? 

I mean, I guess. Aside from Blackwood, all of the rest are AHL level players. 

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lines at practice today had Sharangovich - Hughes - Palms today. It'll be interesting if nothing else. Every line up front has a new player to watch. 

Well that’s a step in the right direction. 

31 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So what's everyone's expectation for Jack through... say the first 10 games?

He's bigger, stronger, he's given the top line playing with our top wingers... so no more linemate excuses.

10 points a game. :ninja:

Edited by Nicomo
46 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I’ll mention he had a bad game and everyone will jump down my throat and tell me how I don’t know anything and he has such a bright future and will be a 20 time All Star. 

None of which will change the fact that he had said bad game. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll mention he had a bad game and everyone will jump down my throat and tell me how I don’t know anything and he has such a bright future and will be a 20 time All Star. 

None of which will change the fact that he had said bad game. 

you forgot the part where someone will bring up his expected goals stats from that game. That he was snake bitten. And you'll likely find a way to bring up his skating in a tongue-in-cheek way. Then that will offend someone. And nobody will change their mind in the end

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

you forgot the part where someone will bring up his expected goals stats from that game. That he was snake bitten. And you'll likely find a way to bring up his skating in a tongue-in-cheek way. Then that will offend someone. And nobody will change their mind in the end

Nah, I’m done with Jack. It’s like last season how I went in thinking the P in Pavel stands for positivity.

Jack’s off the hook. Last year sucked, but it was last year. 

Hehehe....Jack’s off....

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I’d be happy with say.... seven or eight points through the first 10. That would be a nice start.