New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Funny how Rangers fans were saying that Hughes was a bust last year, but to give Lafreniere time this year lol. It is what it is. 

They’ve got plenty to worry about themselves (in the very early going)...starting with their goalies not exactly brickwalling it at the moment.

Sadly it felt like some of our own crowd felt that Jack might be a bust too (and this comment isn’t directed at anyone in particular).  Glad he’s off to a strong start.  

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They did. Trust me, I can dig up the posts. To your credit you weren’t one of them though. 

I certainly was not, I appreciate your pointing that out. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I know we’re all killing Palms right now, but this is kind of interesting...

we actually have 2 lines on there. 

I guess he hasn’t been a liability yet, he’s just threatening to be a liability. 

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I know we’re all killing Palms right now, but this is kind of interesting...

we actually have 2 lines on there. 

With Palms, that’s what I was talking about before.  His numbers look much better than his actual game has been. If you saw his stats without watching him play, you’d wonder why he’s getting so heavily criticized.  

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Devils optioned Merkeley to the taxi squad and added Bratt to the active roster.  Not sure if that means he will play tonight, but he is close to a return to the lineup, which should help.

Would be kind of weird to send Merk down if Bratt isn't even going to play. I would have thought they'd have him practice for a bit before jumping right in but maybe not.

Not sure where to vent this but I listen to the All About the Jersey/Garden State of Hockey podcast and some days it is really hard with how much this one guy mispronounces every name in the book. Idk how someone can watch that much hockey and pronounce some of these names the way he does. I enjoy the podcast but it's just super annoying. 

/rant

21 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not sure where to vent this but I listen to the All About the Jersey/Garden State of Hockey podcast and some days it is really hard with how much this one guy mispronounces every name in the book. Idk how someone can watch that much hockey and pronounce some of these names the way he does. I enjoy the podcast but it's just super annoying. 

/rant

Is that the one where the one guy pronounces Binghamton wrong? 

I listen to a few different ones and tend to confuse them

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

So I guess every useful player we have is gonna go through this sh!t eh? 

Get the feeling we'll see our fair share of this, throughout the league.  The New fvcking Normal.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

/rant

i'm fairly certain this is Fisher's (it's his site) shtick that we all missed as the podcast has been around for a while. its either a complete mispronunciation like "mic-LOD" instead of "mick-CLOUD' or wrong syllabic emphasis like su-BAHN instead of SU-ban. he doesn't do it with everyone but there's just enough to make it seem like he doesn't actually follow the team that much (which of course he does). i've learned to get past it as they're takes and comments are about 75% right on which is a higher percentage than most.