Forums App Released

The forums software makers have released apps for Android and Apple, see the links below and then search for NJDevs once you install it. Let me know how it goes!

Congratulations! Your community has been accepted into our mobile app directory. You and your members can now use the app to browse, post and receive notifications.

ios.png android.png

It's pretty cool that we have the option to use the site directly through InvisionBoard's app, but to be honest, I think the site is already mobile-optimized, isn't it?  I don't browse it much on my phone, usually I'm on my laptop, but when I do, I feel like it's easy to navigate on my phone, despite the small screen.  Some websites, even in 2020, you can tell aren't meant to be displayed on a phone and they look like crap, but this site seems to be great if you ask me. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I get the same thing. 

Third here.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's pretty cool that we have the option to use the site directly through InvisionBoard's app, but to be honest, I think the site is already mobile-optimized, isn't it?  I don't browse it much on my phone, usually I'm on my laptop, but when I do, I feel like it's easy to navigate on my phone, despite the small screen.  Some websites, even in 2020, you can tell aren't meant to be displayed on a phone and they look like crap, but this site seems to be great if you ask me. 

The site in a regular web browser looks great to me. I prob won't use the app just because I try to not overload my phone with them.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Third here.

The site in a regular web browser looks great to me. I prob won't use the app just because I try to not overload my phone with them.

Yeah, that's essentially how I feel -  I try to keep my phone rather simple and not have too many apps installed either.  If the site looked like crap or was difficult to use and navigate in a browser on a phone then I'd use the app, but I don't really see the need or added value, so I probably won't use it either. 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, that's essentially how I feel -  I try to keep my phone rather simple and not have too many apps installed either.  If the site looked like crap or was difficult to use and navigate in a browser on a phone then I'd use the app, but I don't really see the need or added value, so I probably won't use it either. 

I don't really like how navigation works in the app either. Maybe I am old school but I find getting around on the regular website much easier.

22 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I exclusively post here on my phone and it’s fine. 

I’ll wait to hear the app is better before I bother to try it out. 

Not trying to pile on but I also post only on my phone in a mobile browser and never have any issues. The site couldn't possibly be more mobile friendly for me on an android bwoser. I have it as one of my top bookmarks and just click right on it. 

I do think the updated website looks rather sharp as well. 

From the developers::

Apologies for the inconvenience; this is a known issue in the beta app that will be resolved with 4.5.2, due out early next week. New betas of the mobile app have also been submitted to the app stores and users will need to upgrade to those to sign in too.