Does somebodt kniw who's autograph this is?

Simone

32 minutes ago, grcenter47 said:

based on the "J", it could be jason arnott

Comparing to the many signed items on eBay, it doesn’t match Arnott. Not Jay Pandolfo or John Madden. 

Might be wishful thinking to say you see a J in that mess, actually. 

This is a team work.

I'll do my part and post the entire 2000-2001 roster, then someone else can go through and see if any name matches. from that list. Jiri Bicek would make sense, but he only played 5 games and his other autographs online doesnt look much like that

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000512001.html

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah my money is on McKenzie. 

Winner. Many many moons ago we sat at the same table at a wedding, he spent a lot of the night throwing back drinks and signing the linen napkins for anybody that came up to him. By the midway point that's exactly how most of them looked. Nice guy with maybe the biggest hands I've ever seen this side of PLL's.

• Like 2

Nice job fitz.  

This kinda got me thinking...how do guys come up with their signatures, and how can they possibly think they look anything like what they should technically represent phonetically? I mean, I'm sure in many instances it just becomes artistic expression and kind of their signature trademark, but still, at a certain point some of them almost become completely illegible and dare I say meaningless.

Also, my handwriting isn't the best by any means, especially in cursive, so I get it.

31 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Nice job fitz.  

This kinda got me thinking...how do guys come up with their signatures, and how can they possibly think they look anything like what they should technically represent phonetically? I mean, I'm sure in many instances it just becomes artistic expression and kind of their signature trademark, but still, at a certain point some of them almost become completely illegible and dare I say meaningless.

Also, my handwriting isn't the best by any means, especially in cursive, so I get it.

A kid I went to school with who ended up playing a whole 1 red shirt season under Rich Rodriquez at West Virginia, then transferred to Rhode Island, then finally got busted for steroids, used to practice his signature during class. He'd try different styles, then go to his friends who thought they too would be great college athletes. Let's just say they all combined for zero.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

A kid I went to school with who ended up playing a whole 1 red shirt season under Rich Rodriquez at West Virginia, then transferred to Rhode Island, then finally got busted for steroids, used to practice his signature during class. He'd try different styles, then go to his friends who thought they too would be great college athletes. Let's just say they all combined for zero.

lol.

I think I did that too.....when I was 8....and had dreams of being a pro athlete.  :D 

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

lol.

I think I did that too.....when I was 8....and had dreams of being a pro athlete.  :D 

I did it, admittedly, in college, when I had an offer on the table from the Stratford Storm in Ontario to be one of their American imports as a pitcher for the summer ball season.

I declined cause I couldn't get my mom to sign the waiver cause she didn't want me to miss any of college that fall (I would have missed almost a third of the semester.)

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I did it, admittedly, in college, when I had an offer on the table from the Stratford Storm in Ontario to be one of their American imports as a pitcher for the summer ball season.

I declined cause I couldn't get my mom to sign the waiver cause she didn't want me to miss any of college that fall (I would have missed almost a third of the semester.)

Damn, well at least anytime you need something from your mom you can always go with "Hey mom, remember that time you wouldn't let me play college ball and I could possibly have been a millionaire...?"

33 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Damn, well at least anytime you need something from your mom you can always go with "Hey mom, remember that time you wouldn't let me play college ball and I could possibly have been a millionaire...?"

It was developmental ball, even worse, team was sponsored by the Blue Jays. Buffalo (UB) cut me after I caught mono, so tried for Canada, lol.

EDIT: But, UB got me my degress, which helped me get where I am today, and flying so I guess I'll take that

Edited by jagknife