The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Totally with you, have no clue what the thought process is here.

Unless Hall figures 8 years at 6-7M is preferable to whatever he'd get if he waited.  But like you said, rumors are that he's looking at a one year deal.

Something to be said for locking into a deal like that when your best season may be behind you and your knee may not be fully under you...

• Like 2

Yeah I don't know about Hall.  I think the 8th year thing is pretty trivial to him.  Arizona needs to trade his rights to get at least something back but Colorado on a short to portentially long term deal depending on how things play out next season seems like the most likely option.  A team giving up assets to offer a long term deal would have to be paying him a ton AAV to convince him that Colorado isn't the best option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

What do you think it takes? Surely draft picks wouldn't be enough...

I think #7OA is better than most teams can offer. Throw in whatever else you want, but that’s the main thing we have going for us. A pick that high in a supposedly very good top 10 draft would be a nice return. 

the guy i want - and i would pay with roster players, draft picks and prospects is aaron ekblad. the only reason i even bring him up is because FL wants to shed salary and can get a bunch back for him.

18, butcher, boqvist + is A-ok with me.

he fits the timeline and is the stud d you need to win. signed long term - let's go.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I think #7OA is better than most teams can offer. Throw in whatever else you want, but that’s the main thing we have going for us. A pick that high in a supposedly very good top 10 draft would be a nice return. 

I’d do #7 and I’d add to it if need be. Maybe throw in Okhotyuk or Bahl. I know Tampa would want young, cost-controlled guys back. 

1 minute ago, sundstrom said:

the guy i want - and i would pay with roster players, draft picks and prospects is aaron ekblad. the only reason i even bring him up is because FL wants to shed salary and can get a bunch back for him.

he fits the timeline and is the stud d you need to win. signed long term - let's go.

I’d be down with that.

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

Ekblad?  Are you serious?

Have you even seen what this chump did to him?  GTFO

https://streamable.com/ixkzc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

From your lips (erm, fingertips?) to God's ears.  What a get that'd be.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i didn't pay attention to who posted it to be honest so dont take it personally lol

This is the goddamn internet.  If you're not taking things personally, you're doing it wrong.

But you're right, Ekblad would be a phenomenal add if we could swing it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

This is the goddamn internet.  If you're not taking things personally, you're doing it wrong.

But you're right, Ekblad would be a phenomenal add if we could swing it.

What do you mean "you're right"? How dare you make assumptions about me?!

how did i do?

41 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

What do you mean "you're right"? How dare you make assumptions about me?!

how did i do?

I was so confused until I looked back and realized you weren't the one who brought him up.  So I take it back, you're not right. 

• Haha 1