The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The Flyers looks pieced together. Like their roster. 

Pens isn't bad. 

I'm hoping ours is green with red and white trim. That's what I would see as a "reverse retro" for us. 

I think ours will be black. All of the season ticket stuff marketing has been "The black and red" and i feel like they were going to announce a jersey if not for covid. 

All speculation of course. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Or those black Starter jerseys from the mid-90s...

See the source image

I actually had one of these, then made the mistake of having it dry-cleaned.  Completely shriveled up the logo.

I have one too. I had the local hockey shop put Brodeur on it and it looked pretty nice. I'll try to find it later

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The Flyers looks pieced together. Like their roster. 

Pens isn't bad. 

I'm hoping ours is green with red and white trim. That's what I would see as a "reverse retro" for us. 

Get the feeling the Flyer jerseys will look better on players than they do on hangers.  The middle portion of the jersey looks kinda weird without a human torso and/or equipment to fill it up/stretch it out.  

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I have one too. I had the local hockey shop put Brodeur on it and it looked pretty nice. I'll try to find it later

They pop up on ebay from time to time.  I remember when I bought mine, the guy at the register swore up and down that these were going to become official jerseys sooner than later.  

I had a black Albany River Rats jersey that I was going to make a unique third (same stripes as the Starter Devils black, but no red shoulder yoke), but it was a goalie cut, with arms that fit like bat wings.  I wound up trading it to DM84.  

I would still love to see MB3's black jersey design reach the ice.  I loved everything about it.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Or those black Starter jerseys from the mid-90s...

See the source image

I actually had one of these, then made the mistake of having it dry-cleaned.  Completely shriveled up the logo.

These would look sharp as hell with red numbers and font. 

33 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

These would look sharp as hell with red numbers and font. 

Red font with a white outline.  That would look killer.

My River Rats jersey was white on red for the name and numbers (like mfitz just described).  That looks great too.

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Dude will probably be in Binghamton taking home $900 a week while thinking how he’s got a contract that could be paying him over 10 times as much. 

I’d almost rather not know the NHL number lol. 

What a huge disparity. Not even 100K...woof. If that season gets shortened too, man - these guys are going to be hurting. I wonder how much a guy like that can make overseas.

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh, it wasn't a criticism at all, its impressive. I don't partake much now but I guarantee I played NHL 94-99 more than any of you lol.

The first (and maybe only) on-campus activity I participated in in college was an NHL 94 tournament, in which I took first place and $500 in prize money. 

So honestly I remember being DEVASTATED when I accidentally pressed the wrong button when looking at my profile stats on NHL 96 for SNES and deleting the profile as a kid and started over.

Then, my adult dumbass when the Mrs got me one of those SNES knockoffs that still let you play the old games but it also had the NES port, plugged in and DID IT AGAIN. Otherwise I would have loved to show you guys the numbers I saw, which to be honest, adult me wasn't even mad at considering I still played a lot outside and what not growing up. But the numbers were insanely high. haha.

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I hate all of it but we all knew this day was eventually going to come. 

At least they haven't thought of changing the logo again.... right....?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

At least they haven't thought of changing the logo again.... right....?

Jerseys I can deal with, I'll just complain on here lol.... A logo change I'll absolutely lose my mind and I think the vast majority of the fan base would too. The logo is one of the best in any sport and should never be changed, period, it's not even up for debate to me lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Jerseys I can deal with, I'll just complain on here lol.... A logo change I'll absolutely lose my mind and I think the vast majority of the fan base would too. The logo is one of the best in any sport and should never be changed, period, it's not even up for debate to me lol

A fourth jersey with an alternate logo that gets worn 2-3 times during the year I would be ok with. A little redesigning (losing the circle or white background while maintaining the NJ), ok, maybe. But a complete change? I would be against that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

A fourth jersey with an alternate logo that gets worn 2-3 times during the year I would be ok with. A little redesigning (losing the circle or white background while maintaining the NJ), ok, maybe. But a complete change? I would be against that. 

I keep having flashbacks to when they let a 5 year old pick the new logo for Bing and how the rumors flew that it was supposed to be our new one but they decided to change only the style of the jersey instead of a complete drastic change...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I keep having flashbacks to when they let a 5 year old pick the new logo for Bing and how the rumors flew that it was supposed to be our new one but they decided to change only the style of the jersey instead of a complete drastic change...

That would be a good example. For 3 games, a Devil head (but not Bing’s one, a good one lol) would be ok by me. Use the current logo as a shoulder patch, and bam, there’s a special event jersey I could tolerate. 

Make that the actual all-the-time jersey and I would be pissed. 

• Like 4