The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Well, that goes without saying. I just think it’s going to be much closer than what was suggested. Especially with another shortened season looming. 

Scored 48 goals this past shortened season. If the next 4 seasons were shortened and he matched that, he would still break the record. #Maths.

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No sh!t Sherlock, but you can’t just ignore them and then say the conclusion reached by applying them is wrong. He may very well have a complete fall-off in the next 4 seasons. If he doesn’t, he is going to smash the sh!t out of that record because he’s be on pace to score 250 goals in that time. All you needed was to read and maybe use a calculator. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Scored 48 goals this past shortened season. If the next 4 seasons were shortened and he matched that, he would still break the record. #Maths.

He’s also had multiple seasons where he’s scored less than 40 goals (only 4 but still). One of them was as recently as 2017. You’re acting like 40+ is a foregone conclusion if he’s healthy (it’s not). 

On 11/6/2020 at 10:52 PM, mfitz804 said:

If he stays healthy, continues his present production, and he stays in the league long enough, he should do it easily. I guess we’ll see. 

Which part of the above says I think 40+ is a foregone conclusion? You know what “if” means, right? 

It’s a statistical analysis. If/then. If those things happen, he’ll easily break the record, based on statistics. There is no counter argument, the numbers are the numbers. It’s not based on anticipated goals or elite skating and zone entries.

Of course he may not stay healthy. Of course his production could drop off. But *if* it doesn’t, he takes that record in less than 4 seasons. 

Which he said he may or may not play. 

Edited by mfitz804

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Which part of the above says I think 40+ is a foregone conclusion? You know what “if” means, right? 

It’s a statistical analysis. If/then. If those things happen, he’ll easily break the record, based on statistics. There is no counter argument, the numbers are the numbers. It’s not based on anticipated goals or elite skating and zone entries.

Of course he may not stay healthy. Of course his production could drop off. But *if* it doesn’t, he takes that record in less than 4 seasons. 

Which he said he may or may not play. 

You really had to throw in the elite skating crap?? No wonder people have called you out specifically when they decide to leave the board. You’re truly making me want to do the same at this point. But I guess it’s partly my fault for continuing to engage with you.

Have a good night, I’m done. 

Two things we need desperately:

Any kind of player move to discuss...even if it's only about whatever deal Bratt and Blackwood sign.

The next hockey season.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

You really had to throw in the elite skating crap?? No wonder people have called you out specifically when they decide to leave the board. You’re truly making me want to do the same at this point. But I guess it’s partly my fault for continuing to engage with you.

Have a good night, I’m done. 

It’s 100% your fault for continuing to be obnoxious and taking one word out of a post just for the sake of arguing with me. You probably should leave. 

I don’t recall anyone “calling me out” when they decided to leave the board. And that would make just about zero sense of it did happen. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s 100% your fault for continuing to be obnoxious and taking one word out of a post just for the sake of arguing with me. You probably should leave. 

I don’t recall anyone “calling me out” when they decided to leave the board. And that would make just about zero sense of it did happen. 

That Glen guy specifically called you out when he left. And it makes perfect sense. You’re a colossal a$$hole. There’s a reason this place has turned into a ghost town even during the season. Have fun talking to the same 6 people here. You’ve now helped run off another poster. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That Glen guy specifically called you out when he left. And it makes perfect sense. You’re a colossal a$$hole. There’s a reason this place has turned into a ghost town even during the season. Have fun talking to the same 6 people here. You’ve now helped run off another poster. 

Not seeing how I’m the a$$hole here. You took a stupid position based on the fact that you didn’t read an article, and then didn’t read my post about that article, and decided you were going to pick on one word that I said, and I’m the a$$hole? You are incredibly dumb and if you do leave, you will not be missed. 

And that guy that supposedly left because of me, that’s the guy who is here bragging about how he got banned from other boards, and he only came here To kill time until his ban was lifted on the other site. He only came here to be obnoxious. But of course, because you’re an obnoxious cherry picker, you’re not going to mention that.

enough patrick stewart GIF

mfitz can be a bit of an ass at times...  but he's good.   I've been here for almost twenty years.  People come, people go, and occasionally people go with parting shots just because they want to be dramatic.  "That Glen guy" is a damning legacy to be referred to as. 

nico... ovie wont easily break the goal record...  but mfitz is merely saying he's in a really good position to do it given ovie's style.  and that if  he simply maintains pace, ovie will easily break the record.  

Now come back with new offseason happenings.

15 hours ago, Nicomo said:

There’s a reason this place has turned into a ghost town even during the season. Have fun talking to the same 6 people here. You’ve now helped run off another poster. 

Social media and more places to talk about the Devils or anything for that matter has more to do with less traffic than anything else. Reddit, Twitter, Facebook groups, etc etc etc etc. Younger people aren't using forums like they use to because of other ways to talk about the team. These things just didn't exist all those years ago so message boards were the only real things around. There's plenty of a$$holes on all social media outlets, it's just easier to block them and ignore them than on message boards. 

Also doesn't help that the team has absolutely sucked for almost a full decade now too. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

To be fair it's MB he specifically called out not Mfitz

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

To be fair it's MB he specifically called out not Mfitz

Can’t say I was blameless as I called that guy out on his sh!t, especially after he said he was only here because he got banned on another site for having too many “infraction points”. Still, it was no big loss and really nobody got along with him. 

If that’s the worst that can be said about me (I’m sure it’s not), then I’m not doing too bad. 

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Because you cherry picked one word out of a sentence. If you eliminate all of the qualifiers that were on the sentence, sure, the word “easily” would be wrong. But that’s not how reading works, you have to read the whole sentence. 

This is an SD-type, die on the hill response by you. Your post was incorrect and pointless. It’s like saying if Nico scores 50 a year he’s easily break Gretzky’s record. Or if I grew wings tomorrow I could easily fly. It’s technically true. However, it’s a silly comment because none of those if’s would come easily. Ovechkin has no history of elite goal scoring passed the age of 35. Maintaining his rate will not come easily.

You got some responses on it but have decided people just didn’t read your post properly. They did, it just wasn’t accurate or substantive. But who cares? We all have the off post let’s move on.

17 minutes ago, devlman said:

This is an SD-type, die on the hill response by you. Your post was incorrect and pointless. It’s like saying if Nico scores 50 a year he’s easily break Gretzky’s record. Or if I grew wings tomorrow I could easily fly. It’s technically true. However, it’s a silly comment because none of those if’s would come easily. Ovechkin has no history of elite goal scoring passed the age of 35. Maintaining his rate will not come easily.

You got some responses on it but have decided people just didn’t read your post properly. They did, it just wasn’t accurate or substantive. But who cares? We all have the off post let’s move on.

You still don’t understand. I didn’t say he will easily break the record. I said statistically, at his current pace, he would break it easily in under 4 seasons. Obviously, that could happen or not happen. I was talking about the amount of time it would take. You and Nicomo can’t read plain English so you don’t understand the significance of the word “if”. 

Instead, you both took it as me saying he’ll just easily break the record, which isn’t what I said. it’s also not the same as saying if Nico scores 50 every year he’ll break the record because he’s never even come close to scoring 50 goals and probably never will, where Ovechkin has a 15 year history of elite goal scoring and just led the entire league in goals this season. 

It’s not up to idiots like the two of you to determine what posts are worthy of posting. You clearly didn’t understand my post, nor the numerous explanations of it. That’s fine. 

Nor can you just post a statement like the above and then say “let’s move on”. The only people who try to state their opinion and then declare a topic over are people who know they can’t justify what they are saying if called out on it. 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Beat me to it, not thrilled it’s green but I guess it’s “retro”

It’s “reverse retro”. When I heard that, to me it kind of has to be green because that’s the reverse of our retro jersey. If not, then I don’t know what the hell “reverse retro” means. 

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You still don’t understand. I didn’t say he will easily break the record. I said statistically, at his current pace, he would break it easily in under 4 seasons. Obviously, that could happen or not happen. I was talking about the amount of time it would take. You and Nicomo can’t read plain English so you don’t understand the significance of the word “if”. 

Instead, you both took it as me saying he’ll just easily break the record, which isn’t what I said. it’s also not the same as saying if Nico scores 50 every year he’ll break the record because he’s never even come close to scoring 50 goals and probably never will, where Ovechkin has a 15 year history of elite goal scoring and just led the entire league in goals this season. 

It’s not up to idiots like the two of you to determine what posts are worthy of posting. You clearly didn’t understand my post, nor the numerous explanations of it. That’s fine. 

Nor can you just post a statement like the above and then say “let’s move on”. The only people who try to state their opinion and then declare a topic over are people who know they can’t justify what they are saying if called out on it. 

It was a dumb fvcking pointless post. You’re still missing the point.  Moving on.

Edited by devlman

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s “reverse retro”. When I heard that, to me it kind of has to be green because that’s the reverse of our retro jersey. If not, then I don’t know what the hell “reverse retro” means. 

I'm gonna guess there will be some white trim in there, it'll probably look a like like the old Wild jerseys. I'm interested to see it 

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm gonna guess there will be some white trim in there, it'll probably look a like like the old Wild jerseys. I'm interested to see it 

I actually slapped a Devils crest on a green jersey once and it’ll probably be close to that, maybe with a shoulder yoke to keep the vintage look. 

4DBF3B53-9309-4442-AF28-0F6DC63FF8CB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Good one. Like a fkn child

Are you still here? I thought you were moving on. 

• Like 1