The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I actually slapped a Devils crest on a green jersey once and it’ll probably be close to that, maybe with a shoulder yoke to keep the vintage look. 

4DBF3B53-9309-4442-AF28-0F6DC63FF8CB.jpeg

Are you still here? I thought you were moving on. 

This wouldnt be bad at all, with the red shoulders.

What I worry about is adidas doing some cookie-cutter, one design for all, just based on that video.

and yeah, it does have a bit of a Wild vibe to it, like @Devil Dan 56 said.

Edited by jagknife

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

What I worry about is adidas doing some cookie-cutter, one design for all, just based on that video.

That is kind of what was implied by the video, and I agree, I hope the actual jerseys are a little more individualized. That said, if ours is right, I don’t care if the rest of them follow the same template. 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

8163100_ScreenShot2020-11-10at2_04_46PM.thumb.png.5409d277736fc3282a8c9463075e56a0.png

like this?

totally joking and i KNOW this will trigger some people bad.

Well done on the small print, I totally didn’t see it at first lol.

I personally would be fine with the Devil head logo for a special event jersey, maybe losing the text and then using our traditional logo on the shoulders. 

As long as they went back to the regular full time jerseys and left it as a special event jersey only. 

I may be biased because I also find that green jerseys in general usually look pretty cool. 

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

8163100_ScreenShot2020-11-10at2_04_46PM.thumb.png.5409d277736fc3282a8c9463075e56a0.png

like this?

totally joking and i KNOW this will trigger some people bad.

For some reason that made me think of a game show from the 70s called "The Joker's Wild"...initially that show was best known for the return of Dan Enright and host Jack Berry, who had been shamed in the quiz show scandals of the 1950s.

Anyway, when you won a round (against two other contestants, answering trivia questions in various categories), you got to spin for more money (much like a slot machine, with three slots per spin), but that "bonus round" would end if you wound up with a Devil on one of your slots.

That Devil:

See the source image

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For some reason that made me think of a game show from the 70s called "The Joker's Wild"...initially that show was best known for the return of Dan Enright and host Jack Berry, who had been shamed in the quiz show scandals of the 1950s.

Anyway, when you won a round (against two other contestants, answering trivia questions in various categories), you got to spin for more money (much like a slot machine, with three slots per spin), but that "bonus round" would end if you wound up with a Devil on one of your slots.

That Devil:

See the source image

Yes!! And then they can be our version of the Dallas Mooterus or the Buffaslug. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the original ones had a very small amount of purple in the logos. 

Maybe in the striping or something like that (the black ones that Roenick and Co used to wear?), but that would be a hell of a stretch to make the entire thing purple, even if it is "reverse" in nature.  For a moment I thought those purple ones would be the Kings when they were yellow/purple, but then the year didn't match up.  

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Maybe in the striping or something like that (the black ones that Roenick and Co used to wear?), but that would be a hell of a stretch to make the entire thing purple, even if it is "reverse" in nature.  For a moment I thought those purple ones would be the Kings when they were yellow/purple, but then the year didn't match up.  

Looking at this one on eBay, the shoulder patches and the Coyote logo contain a minuscule amount of purple. 

3D483CF8-1BCE-4B32-B5E2-3E2EFAE2AD2D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Some of these are just weird, Anaheim in what looks like a teal Sharks jersey, Blues in red. Nashville looks like a team Sweden jersey. Buffalo looks too similar to a Leafs jersey. Calgary looks like a hawks jersey. That Coyotes jersey looks like the NBA Phoenix Suns color scheme. I also still think its dumb Carolina wears Hartford stuff. 

I know the NHL needs to make up revenue cause most cities won't be having fans at all let alone sold out arenas next season but a lot of these are still weird. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

7 hours ago, Guadana said:

He’s look like scooby doo villain.

Funny you should mention him...I'm a drummer, and when I was in high school (this was back in 1987), the very first band that I played in was called Meddling Kids.  

I had a bud who was an artist and he painted the skull part of this on my bass drum head (did a pretty good job).  I think we lasted about 3-4 months, which in teen time feels more like 3-4 years (now of course in middle-age time, 3-4 months feels like about 3-4 weeks).

Image result for Scooby Doo Skull Alien

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny you should mention him...I'm a drummer, and when I was in high school (this was back in 1987), the very first band that I played in was called Meddling Kids.  

I had a bud who was an artist and he painted the skull part of this on my bass drum head (did a pretty good job).  I think we lasted about 3-4 months, which in teen time feels more like 3-4 years (now of course in middle-age time, 3-4 months feels like about 3-4 weeks).

Image result for Scooby Doo Skull Alien

Oh, these disputes about creativity, youthful differences. How much has been said, how little has been done ) 
We wrote a lot of music, argued a lot, and lasted a year, but we never came up with a name.
As captain Vrungel said ," as you name a boat, so the boat will sail."  No name? No sail.

Edited by Guadana

I'm curious to see what the Devils do with all this. I'm not anti vaccinations but I'm not running out to get this vacinne right away and I'm not taking 41 covid tests to attend games either. At this rate I'll be out on the 21 season as well as the 21-22 season. They better give us an option to opt out but keep our seats.

https://loudwire.com/ticketmaster-covid-19-vaccination-negative-test/