The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

15 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

notice they're all indo's and not canada - i'm sure covid played a role in that. production in canada is probably an issue

The trend has been toward the jerseys in the pictures (and on the players in promo pictures) are Indos. We’ve seen that before. Since these things are done primarily to sell jerseys, they might as well show the ones they are selling. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I've never understood the inside collar stuff, always feels like an absolute waste. Put it on the back collar instead, at least it would be seen. 

I don't think I would want to alter the deign of a jersey by embroidering the Cup years on the outside. But that said, having them inside doesn't make sense either. I guess if it weren't for the internet and you came across a game jersey and it was a surprise that you found, that would be cool. But clearly thats not the case. 

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Basically looks like our current retro jerseys except green is the dominant color instead of red. I wonder if we are going to have red pants and green helmets with these now too. Meh.

Almost like they reversed our retro jersey, then??

• Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Haha yes I know that's what they are called but I'm curious if its just the jersey or the entire uniform for this stuff. I just don't think I'll ever be a fan of them wearing this much green. 

Fortunately it'll probably only be for a handful of games. 

I am guessing the equipment will change color as well. But who knows at this point. 

27 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Haha yes I know that's what they are called but I'm curious if its just the jersey or the entire uniform for this stuff. I just don't think I'll ever be a fan of them wearing this much green. 

Yeah I feel the same.  I know, some will say "Garden State", "Pine Barrens", re:  the abundance of green, but it's too much for me.  I also wish that v-necks weren't suddenly outlawed in Adidas Land.

All this being said, this is really EXACTLY what we should've expected, given the old 80s Devils red and green jersey layout, coupled with the Adidas design.  It's 100% fully by-the-reverse-retro numbers.  

I still think a black torso and lower sleeves would've made for a killer design, but not to be.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

love the complaints.

you'll all get one (as will I).

I really need to see them on ice.  

The only old-school away red and greens (my least favorite, pre-Adidas) that I own are a GW #5 Kurvers and a GW #26 Albelin.  Never had any interest in the re-issues when they came out.  Admittedly outside of the crest sitting a little too low on the chest, I like the white Heritage jerseys a lot (just wish the Devils didn't suck in them so much).   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

love the complaints.

I can guarantee I won't, I've been wearing the same no name on the back replica jersey from like 01 lol

The only jerseys I've gotten over the years are the "free" ones from the Devils or a gift from a family member.

The Devils have given out a bunch over the years, from the welcome back from the full lockout in 2005(I got a Marty and a Paul Martin(oops), the tenure jerseys and then a Nico signed newer jersey that my rep sent me because my tenure jerseys were like 1.5 years delayed because the rep was so sorry about it (I actually hadn't even complained about it, simply asked what the status was and she said she could send me one in the meantime before the tenure jerseys came in cause she felt bad, not gonna say no to a free jersey lol) 

So unless you're offering to buy me one or someone else is getting me one I'm gonna pass lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'll buy one, if I can find one for a decent price. The new replicas are garbage, as are the retail "authentics". So its either game worn, game issued, or nothing. 

And by nothing, I mean I'll probably buy a poor quality retail jersey and complain about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sundstrom said:

love the complaints.

So if it wasn’t for my buddy giving it to me as an unexpected Christmas gift, I wouldn’t own the current jersey.

Couldnt believe the mf-Er spent that much on me, and now I’m the best man in his wedding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So if it wasn’t for my buddy giving it to me as an unexpected Christmas gift, I wouldn’t own the current jersey.

Couldnt believe the mf-Er spent that much on me, and now I’m the best man in his wedding

Well there you go, best man = best gift. 

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

I am legitimately stoked about this jersey. 

I am too. I like this reverse retro concept. I think it’s a pandemic-born idea to add another stream of revenue to offset some of the losses that will be coming, but it’s a fvcking great idea.

Edited by MadDog2020

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I am too. I like this reverse retro concept. I think it’s a pandemic-born idea to add another stream of revenue to offset some of the losses that will be coming, but it’s a fvcking great idea.

I agree. I don’t like the idea of messing with our main jerseys (athough admittedly, I don’t dislike it as much as some), but as far as these event or special jerseys go, I like them.

I’d have them play the Military Appreciation Night and HFC Night games in the event jerseys too, and not just have them for warmups. It’s fun, and I bet when they auction them off, they’d make more money for the respective charities if they were game worn as opposed to only having been worn for a few minutes warming up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I would've liked this more, especially w/green replacing the black trim in the crest (or either black subbed for green throughout the entire jersey):

GlDqKZB.jpg

But regardless of me quibbling with the design, I agree...it's a great idea to boost revenue, and I get the feeling a lot of Devils fans (particularly old-schoolers) are going to embrace the "green and red", especially as a special event jersey.  Might as well have some fun with it.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2