The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

@titans04 that was my issue with the old red and green too.  The top white border of the sleeve stripes almost looks like a piece of tape...and it feels like a lot of striping.  As far as the pre-red and black era goes, I always liked the whites more than the reds.  I would actually welcome a white, red, and black with the Heritage layout.  

This (white, red and black), no green, way less stripes and center the logo, not asking for much. Clearly teams had a sh!t ton of leeway with where they went with these.  They're not eternally locked into the never ending green/white/red theme.

Edited by titans04

As mfitz pointed out before, the one shown in the pictures is an Indonesian-made authentic which are poorly-done psuedo-"authentics" that Adidas has been trying to pass off on fans as being authentics.  I would not be surprised if the on-ice MiC jerseys have the crest placed better.

FWIW when the league switched to Adidas, they purposefully placed all team's crests slightly lower on the jerseys because of how little room the Edge template gave teams to put patches on the shoulders.  That is why the NHL100 patches in 16-17 were placed on the arm instead of the chest.  Not only that, but many teams are doing 2 or even 3 patches at once, so the shoulder was getting really crowded and the teams want more room.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the Devils posted a video on their FB page titled something like "From the depths of the pine barrens" and it shows clips of what appears to be a MiC version with the crest seemingly placed in a more normal position.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

As mfitz pointed out before, the one shown in the pictures is an Indonesian-made authentic which are poorly-done psuedo-"authentics" that Adidas has been trying to pass off on fans as being authentics.  I would not be surprised if the on-ice MiC jerseys have the crest placed better.

FWIW when the league switched to Adidas, they purposefully placed all team's crests slightly lower on the jerseys because of how little room the Edge template gave teams to put patches on the shoulders.  That is why the NHL100 patches in 16-17 were placed on the arm instead of the chest.  Not only that, but many teams are doing 2 or even 3 patches at once, so the shoulder was getting really crowded and the teams want more room.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the Devils posted a video on their FB page titled something like "From the depths of the pine barrens" and it shows clips of what appears to be a MiC version with the crest seemingly placed in a more normal position.

Don't remember seeing you post in awhile so glad to see you're back, hope things are well! 

I think this is the video you're talking about... 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Don't remember seeing you post in awhile so glad to see you're back, hope things are well! 

Thanks!  Yeah, it's been a little over four months.  I decided to leave for good in July for a variety of reasons.  However, since one of the biggest reasons of why I left recently left here for good (or at least seems to), I decided to come back in some capacity.

Yup, that is the video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

The one in the video is definitely an improvement.

Clearly it’s buy GI or GW or deal with a serious lack of quality. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

All I know is if they center the crest and make the on-ice jerseys available to buy, they’ve got my $375 or whatever it’ll cost. If they put the crest at belly button level and peddle indo knockoffs with glued on names and numbers, I wouldn’t wear one if the Devils paid me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

The Rangers LIberty was a great great jersey...I may or may not own one. They went and messed it up. If they really wanted a fun RR- they should've brought back the short lived white version of that.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing (re:  the white SoL jerseys).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Haha cut me some slack. I had my reasons.

I’m sorry, but unless you had a gun pressed to your temple, there’s no reason to own a Rags jersey. It would would be acceptable, however, if after receiving it, you used it as kindling for a fire, or as a form of toilet paper. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That’s because people have to like you enough to spend money on you, even for a gag gift. 

hehe 

Anyone who would buy a Rangers jersey definitely wouldn’t like me that much. 

Oh, and you are getting coal in your stocking. Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas. Put your socks on with caution. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody would ever think of giving me a Rangers jersey as a gift. Just sayin'. 

The people that know me best know that if they ever even considered giving me anything remotely resembling a Rag jersey as a gift, I would use it to blindfold them and roll them down the nearest hill.

• Haha 1