The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Once that door opens, it will never shut and only get worse.  It will start with helmets, then ads on the back hem line of the game jerseys, then front shoulder, then we end up with this ...

European hockey fans, how did jerseys become massive billboards? : hockey

I mean that's almost a joke at that point. You might as well drop the State name and just call the team the McDonald's Devils if that ever happened. 

Not that they haven't already done that with the arenas...

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean that's almost a joke at that point. You might as well drop the State name and just call the team the McDonald's Devils if that ever happened. 

Not that they haven't already done that with the arenas...

In MLS they have a team that might as well be called the Philadelphia Bimbos

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Once that door opens, it will never shut and only get worse.  It will start with helmets, then ads on the back hem line of the game jerseys, then front shoulder, then we end up with this ...

European hockey fans, how did jerseys become massive billboards? : hockey

Yeah this. This is precisely what government/big corporations do. They use crisis to push their own agenda and force new policies or wtv that seem necessarily at the time but they never take it back. As if once they see all that extra revenue coming that they'll turn it down down the line.

With things like this you REALLY gotta nip it in the bud or else it's going to snowball out of control

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah this. This is precisely what government/big corporations do. They use crisis to push their own agenda and force new policies or wtv that seem necessarily at the time but they never take it back. As if once they see all that extra revenue coming that they'll turn it down down the line.

With things like this you REALLY gotta nip it in the bud or else it's going to snowball out of control

I agree. 

But, in terms of arena names, I’ve always wanted to see the Trojan ENZ Arena, and they go up on the roof and add a little reservoir tip to the top of the building. 

I would be a fvcking fun owner.

• Haha 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I agree. 

But, in terms of arena names, I’ve always wanted to see the Trojan ENZ Arena, and they go up on the roof and add a little reservoir tip to the top of the building. 

I would be a fvcking fun owner.

Well precisely.

Having company logos on gear or jerseys for team is basically setting them up for easy jokes on a silver plater. lol