The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah fvck Miller, dude is a fvcking twat stain. Arizona should’ve never drafted him.

Everything he did to that poor kid was horrible.  That whole lollipop incident...Jesus Christ.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salavat Yulaev head coach Lämsä shares his thoughts on pick Shakir Mukhamadullin

What if you scored 4 TD’s in one game...

I'm done supporting EA's sad attempt at an NHL game. It's literally been re-skinned every year since NHL07.  I miss the old 2K games. I remember I made a custom pack of stadium music that you could st

Posted Images

Fairly apparent that kid's parents failed him, and in that way I feel a little bad for him too. No normal child wakes up one day and decides to treat another person like that. I hope for his sake, and for the sake of anyone who has to come in contact with him, he gets some real role models in his life. 

Yeah seems like a douche. I don’t give a sh!t what anyone says, you know at age 14 if you’re being racist and mistreating a mentally disabled kid. Maybe you don’t know that it’s going to Fvck up your life, but you knew it was wrong. 

Honestly I'm supportive of him getting another shot because people do dumb sh!t at 14...   it's funny to be shocking and when you're 14 you don't really consider the consequences of your words and the taunting that you do.   That was his wake-up call to do better.   To man up, admit what you said and did, and apologize for not treating a class mate like a fellow human being.

After all of this...  he isn't remorseful?     To the point where teams that are willing to hear him out, leave meetings with  "yea...  he isn't remorseful".
Did the kid really not have the common sense to knock it off, but continue it 2 years later at 16?   (I'm not sure what he did, but the mother references it)

In addition...  I don't want to excuse the 1980s, 1990s... and frankly even the 2000s...  but bullying and hazing were seen in a different light then.   Tricking a kid to lick something that was rubbed in a urinal is repulsive, but again, it's funny because it was shocking and repulsive...   but we as a society moved on; and certainly in 2016 it wasn't tolerated at all.    It wasn't a "different" time.

But again, none of this is NEW.   WTF is Arizona doing?    Were they that unprepared for their FIRST pick in the draft, that they took a kid they knew nothing about?     Or are they that soft that they have to renounce the pick because it was unpopular for a few days.  The sh!tstorm would blow over in time.   It was a non-event press wise when he was drafted.   It's the offseason and slow.   

The kid is a piece of sh!t, sure.  But you invested your pick in him on the cheap because of it.   Nothing new happens, and you bail?      Arizona is a mess.

3 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Honestly I'm supportive of him getting another shot because people do dumb sh!t at 14...   it's funny to be shocking and when you're 14 you don't really consider the consequences of your words and the taunting that you do.   That was his wake-up call to do better.   To man up, admit what you said and did, and apologize for not treating a class mate like a fellow human being.

After all of this...  he isn't remorseful?     To the point where teams that are willing to hear him out, leave meetings with  "yea...  he isn't remorseful".
Did the kid really not have the common sense to knock it off, but continue it 2 years later at 16?   (I'm not sure what he did, but the mother references it)

In addition...  I don't want to excuse the 1980s, 1990s... and frankly even the 2000s...  but bullying and hazing were seen in a different light then.   Tricking a kid to lick something that was rubbed in a urinal is repulsive, but again, it's funny because it was shocking and repulsive...   but we as a society moved on; and certainly in 2016 it wasn't tolerated at all.    It wasn't a "different" time.

But again, none of this is NEW.   WTF is Arizona doing?    Were they that unprepared for their FIRST pick in the draft, that they took a kid they knew nothing about?     Or are they that soft that they have to renounce the pick because it was unpopular for a few days.  The sh!tstorm would blow over in time.   It was a non-event press wise when he was drafted.   It's the offseason and slow.   

The kid is a piece of sh!t, sure.  But you invested your pick in him on the cheap because of it.   Nothing new happens, and you bail?      Arizona is a mess.

They were stupid to select him given the current environment. They should’ve figured it out before they picked him. Like everyone else did. 

23 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Agree with what you said and I know this wasn’t your point but, for the record, that sh!t wouldn’t have been tolerated in any of those decades you mentioned either, especially when it involved a mentally disabled kid. I mean sick cruelty followed by beating the sh!t out of someone is repulsive by any era’s standards and well beyond hazing. 

Edited by devlman
13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They were stupid to select him given the current environment. They should’ve figured it out before they picked him. Like everyone else did. 

Armstrong cleaned house with scouting a week before the draft and he couldn’t be a part of this draft as he was preparing St Louis draft just before being hired...   it’s a real possibility they weren’t prepared for it no matter what they may say publicly.

Either way, not knowing how deep the problems were,   Or not having the backbone...   it’s yet another embarrassment for a bad franchise. 

https://www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2020/9/29/21480081/bill-armstrong-has-already-made-his-mark-on-the-arizona-coyotes-scouting-dept

Just now, aylbert said:

Armstrong cleaned house with scouting a week before the draft and he couldn’t be a part of this draft as he was preparing St Louis draft just before being hired...   it’s a real possibility they weren’t prepared for it no matter what they may say publicly.

Either way, not knowing how deep the problems were,   Or not having the backbone...   it’s yet another embarrassment for a bad franchise. 

https://www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2020/9/29/21480081/bill-armstrong-has-already-made-his-mark-on-the-arizona-coyotes-scouting-dept

For sure. 

Talking about 2016. My sister works at a school and she JUST shared a facebook memory from 2016 of her and a few colleges on Halloween... and one of them was fully dressed as PK Subban, full gear AND full on black face lol He probably got away with it then and i'm pretty sure he was glad it got buried since. But nope, here goes my sister digging it up like "Awww these are great memories :)