Jump to content

The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm gonna guess there will be some white trim in there, it'll probably look a like like the old Wild jerseys. I'm interested to see it 

I actually slapped a Devils crest on a green jersey once and it’ll probably be close to that, maybe with a shoulder yoke to keep the vintage look. 
 

 

4DBF3B53-9309-4442-AF28-0F6DC63FF8CB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Good one. Like a fkn child

Are you still here? I thought you were moving on. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salavat Yulaev head coach Lämsä shares his thoughts on pick Shakir Mukhamadullin

You WERE a legend. You are now a DISGRACE. shame. shame.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I actually slapped a Devils crest on a green jersey once and it’ll probably be close to that, maybe with a shoulder yoke to keep the vintage look. 
 

 

4DBF3B53-9309-4442-AF28-0F6DC63FF8CB.jpeg

Are you still here? I thought you were moving on. 

This wouldnt be bad at all, with the red shoulders.

What I worry about is adidas doing some cookie-cutter, one design for all, just based on that video.

 

and yeah, it does have a bit of a Wild vibe to it, like @Devil Dan 56 said.

Edited by jagknife
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

What I worry about is adidas doing some cookie-cutter, one design for all, just based on that video.

That is kind of what was implied by the video, and I agree, I hope the actual jerseys are a little more individualized. That said, if ours is right, I don’t care if the rest of them follow the same template. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

8163100_ScreenShot2020-11-10at2_04_46PM.thumb.png.5409d277736fc3282a8c9463075e56a0.png

like this?

 

totally joking and i KNOW this will trigger some people bad.

Well done on the small print, I totally didn’t see it at first lol.

I personally would be fine with the Devil head logo for a special event jersey, maybe losing the text and then using our traditional logo on the shoulders. 

As long as they went back to the regular full time jerseys and left it as a special event jersey only. 

I may be biased because I also find that green jerseys in general usually look pretty cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

8163100_ScreenShot2020-11-10at2_04_46PM.thumb.png.5409d277736fc3282a8c9463075e56a0.png

like this?

 

totally joking and i KNOW this will trigger some people bad.

For some reason that made me think of a game show from the 70s called "The Joker's Wild"...initially that show was best known for the return of Dan Enright and host Jack Berry, who had been shamed in the quiz show scandals of the 1950s.

Anyway, when you won a round (against two other contestants, answering trivia questions in various categories), you got to spin for more money (much like a slot machine, with three slots per spin), but that "bonus round" would end if you wound up with a Devil on one of your slots.

That Devil:

See the source image

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For some reason that made me think of a game show from the 70s called "The Joker's Wild"...initially that show was best known for the return of Dan Enright and host Jack Berry, who had been shamed in the quiz show scandals of the 1950s.

Anyway, when you won a round (against two other contestants, answering trivia questions in various categories), you got to spin for more money (much like a slot machine, with three slots per spin), but that "bonus round" would end if you wound up with a Devil on one of your slots.

That Devil:

See the source image

Yes!! And then they can be our version of the Dallas Mooterus or the Buffaslug. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the original ones had a very small amount of purple in the logos. 

Maybe in the striping or something like that (the black ones that Roenick and Co used to wear?), but that would be a hell of a stretch to make the entire thing purple, even if it is "reverse" in nature.  For a moment I thought those purple ones would be the Kings when they were yellow/purple, but then the year didn't match up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Maybe in the striping or something like that (the black ones that Roenick and Co used to wear?), but that would be a hell of a stretch to make the entire thing purple, even if it is "reverse" in nature.  For a moment I thought those purple ones would be the Kings when they were yellow/purple, but then the year didn't match up.  

Looking at this one on eBay, the shoulder patches and the Coyote logo contain a minuscule amount of purple. 
 


 

3D483CF8-1BCE-4B32-B5E2-3E2EFAE2AD2D.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

 

Some of these are just weird, Anaheim in what looks like a teal Sharks jersey, Blues in red. Nashville looks like a team Sweden jersey. Buffalo looks too similar to a Leafs jersey. Calgary looks like a hawks jersey. That Coyotes jersey looks like the NBA Phoenix Suns color scheme. I also still think its dumb Carolina wears Hartford stuff. 

I know the NHL needs to make up revenue cause most cities won't be having fans at all let alone sold out arenas next season but a lot of these are still weird. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guadana said:

He’s look like scooby doo villain.

Funny you should mention him...I'm a drummer, and when I was in high school (this was back in 1987), the very first band that I played in was called Meddling Kids.  

I had a bud who was an artist and he painted the skull part of this on my bass drum head (did a pretty good job).  I think we lasted about 3-4 months, which in teen time feels more like 3-4 years (now of course in middle-age time, 3-4 months feels like about 3-4 weeks).

Image result for Scooby Doo Skull Alien

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny you should mention him...I'm a drummer, and when I was in high school (this was back in 1987), the very first band that I played in was called Meddling Kids.  

I had a bud who was an artist and he painted the skull part of this on my bass drum head (did a pretty good job).  I think we lasted about 3-4 months, which in teen time feels more like 3-4 years (now of course in middle-age time, 3-4 months feels like about 3-4 weeks).

Image result for Scooby Doo Skull Alien

Oh, these disputes about creativity, youthful differences. How much has been said, how little has been done ) 
We wrote a lot of music, argued a lot, and lasted a year, but we never came up with a name.
As captain Vrungel said ," as you name a boat, so the boat will sail."  No name? No sail.

Edited by Guadana
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.