2020 Free Agency Megathread

RunninWithTheDevil

11 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

what is going on up there?!? 6.5 aav seems HIGH am I wrong?

yeah especially after hearing that the talks broke off like yesterday

Gallagher is the heart of that team but he had a few hand injuries that's been crippling him lately

So funny Gallagher story circa 2010-2012 timeframe, can’t remember specifically which season other than it was on or just before the 2012 final run.

I was outside of the Habs locker room outside of the rock cause I wanted to try and snag a few autographs. Galchenyuk (sp?) signs and the Gallagher comes out and starts chit chatting with a few of us. He asks me why I’m asking for his, I said it was cause he was single handedly carrying my fantasy hockey season, he laughed and said, “damn, I’m sorry.” 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

So they have about 20 million tied up in Gallagher and 2 goalies next year. Daaaaamn. 

i actually argued with a habs fan today about this. It's really not a good "setup" to basically have almost 20% (18.1%) of your cap taken by your goalies. The problem they had last year is that they weren't scoring enough and we're lacking depth. Well they did add a few players this offseason but still. When every game you have either 10.5m or 4.something m in value sitting on the bench... and that you don't have a Crosby or McDavid to lead the charge... it's not that great

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:06 AM, SterioDesign said:

Well yeah maybe I didn't explain myself well enough, i didnt mean that if you didnt play that you can't possibly comprehend those things. I said that i suspect that he was discarding those things as unimportant cause he couldn't bring that to the table. Obviously im just guessing but i did ask him countless times if he ever played and he always ignored the question. 

So there's a difference with not having been through something but willing to learn and acknowledge it... and someone who never been through it simply doesn't believe it cause it doesn't benefit them... kind of like females who says blue balls are a myth and something guys made up. lol 

Tri is awesome guy but he Ignores questions that ruin his narrative sometime. Anyway he has structure opinion and always interesting to read.  He has a consistent mindset, he is smart and not emotional, a rare adult.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i actually argued with a habs fan today about this. It's really not a good "setup" to basically have almost 20% (18.1%) of your cap taken by your goalies. The problem they had last year is that they weren't scoring enough and we're lacking depth. Well they did add a few players this offseason but still. When every game you have either 10.5m or 4.something m in value sitting on the bench... and that you don't have a Crosby or McDavid to lead the charge... it's not that great

Price has 10.5, Vasilevskiy has 9.5. I don’t think that this is somehow bad for the Tampa game. it seems to me everyone is happy there now. 

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I have a friend who is a Habs fan who has been on the Fire Bergevin train for a long time. This signing has been driving him insane haha 

14 hours ago, jagknife said:

So funny Gallagher story circa 2010-2012 timeframe, can’t remember specifically which season other than it was on or just before the 2012 final run.

I was outside of the Habs locker room outside of the rock cause I wanted to try and snag a few autographs. Galchenyuk (sp?) signs and the Gallagher comes out and starts chit chatting with a few of us. He asks me why I’m asking for his, I said it was cause he was single handedly carrying my fantasy hockey season, he laughed and said, “damn, I’m sorry.” 

That reminded me of this from the other day lol.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I have a friend who is a Habs fan who has been on the Fire Bergevin train for a long time. This signing has been driving him insane haha 

Habs fans are actually very pleased with him this summer. Adding Tofolli and Anderson and signing the "best backup in the league"... they are 100% convinced they are making a run this year.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

It doesn't sound very convincing, but. It seems to me that if Fitz wanted to keep Gusev. Without options. Into the future with Gusev. He would have signed Dadonov.