Devils Sign Crawford, 2 years, $3.9 per.

jagknife

One has to remember that Crawford put up those numbers last year with a less than stellar Chicago squad.  He seems to know how to win and wants to do it again.  Let's give him a chance.  We really do not have anything to lose.  I really like this move, and we save a little bit of change, too.

Edited by aclc79

1 minute ago, aclc79 said:

One has to remember that Crawford put up those numbers last year with a less than stellar Chicago squad.  He seems to know how to win and wants to do it again.  Let's give him a chance.  We really do not have anything to lose.  I really like this move, and we save a little bit of change, too.

I didn’t realize how pissed off Chicago players and fans are that they let Crawford walk. Toews and Kane are not happy about it.  

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I didn’t realize how pissed off Chicago players and fans are that they let Crawford walk. Toews and Kane are not happy about it.  

Yeah I saw that...they are PISSED.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I posted an article in the free agency thread about it. Hawk fans HATE Stan Bowman. And after reading the article, I understand why.

I read it, and yeah, it’s a hell of an eye-opener.  

• Like 1

Kind of knew at some point having so much money tied up in 4 players was going to catch up to them, right? I understand the 4 being pissed because the team around them has been tore down, with the flat cap I'm not sure how they didn't see it coming though. I'm not sure they're owed anything from the org other than their paychecks. On the flip side as if I was a fan would I trade whats going on now for the cups, yeah every time. I honestly believe in todays game more often than not in order to win a cup you have to sell your soul to the devil and by that I mean whore yourself out cap wise going for it knowing that there is a tipping point where you're going to have sell off and or lose some parts because you can't keep the band together.  

On 10/10/2020 at 12:16 AM, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, but who cares? You were going to protect Blackwood anyway, so the other guy has to be exposed, right?

To me, this is a huge upgrade. Someone explain to my what Schneider’s cap hit will be for the next 2 years, please. I’d like to see what we are actually paying for having made this happen. 

It's true and not that i think the Kraken would take him, i believe they'll have better options out there but the fact that he's signed for a few years might also be a positive for them

Also... you've heard the "Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime" thing right... well in that optic... I won't tell you what his cap hit will be in the next 2 years but i'll give you a site where you can find that information https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/devils

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Also... you've heard the "Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime" thing right... well in that optic... I won't tell you what his cap hit will be in the next 2 years but i'll give you a site where you can find that information https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/devils

1) There’s no need to be condescending and you taught me nothing, because;

2) He was still listed as a member of the Devils on Cap Friendly when I posted that, it had not yet been updated. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

1) There’s no need to be condescending and you taught me nothing, because;

2) He was still listed as a member of the Devils on Cap Friendly when I posted that, it had not yet been updated. 

1) I'm 500% honest when i say that I had absolutely no intention in being condescending and had all the good intentions in the world lol (figured you'd know about that site already but when i checked his cap hit was there and you said you didnt know so thought maybe you actually didn't and decided to share)

2) I do feel sorry if you took it that way... but even though i actually like you and respect you, i have a strict rule of not apologizing for things i didn't do or didn't intend lol

3) I'll try again though since i have a bottomless jar of good intentions here. Not really related to the cap thing but this is a lesser known site that i'm often using when i don't know much about a player around the league and want to see what type of player he his, his projection, what pace he's on during the season etc etc.. (for example when we got Andersson i went and checked his report on that site). So hey hopefully i taught you something on this one http://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/roster/NJ

Edited by SterioDesign

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's true and not that i think the Kraken would take him, i believe they'll have better options out there but the fact that he's signed for a few years might also be a positive for them

I'd already explained to mfitz how Cory's hit works...basically the Devils regain $4 million out of what would have been a $6 million hit to work with (for the next two years), at the cost of $2 million in dead money for the next four seasons.

But yeah, capfriendly is invaluable.  What's great is that it really shows (at a quick glance) how being the same x number of dollars under the cap for two different teams can be two entirely different beasts...one team could have five 5 RFAs that need to be re-signed and a couple of spots that absolutely need to be filled (with UFA overpayments), and the other could be under the cap by the same amount, yet not have to be in a position to spend a lot or dole out a ton of raises to keep their team relatively intact.  

The Devils' situation is really insane...they have just three players under contract with the big club for the 2022-23 season (Nico, Johnsson, and Severson).  5 UFAs and 1 RFA next year.  Depending on how Fitz chooses to build his team, he might have a hell of a time getting to the floor.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'd already explained to mfitz how Cory's hit works...basically the Devils regain $4 million out of what would have been a $6 million hit to work with (for the next two years), at the cost of $2 million in dead money for the next four seasons.

But yeah, capfriendly is invaluable.  What's great is that it really shows (at a quick glance) how being the same x number of dollars under the cap for two different teams can be two entirely different beasts...one team could have five 5 RFAs that need to be re-signed and a couple of spots that absolutely need to be filled (with UFA overpayments), and the other could be under the cap by the same amount, yet not have to be in a position to spend a lot or dole out a ton of raises to keep their team relatively intact.  

The Devils' situation is really insane...they have just three players under contract with the big club for the 2022-23 season (Nico, Johnsson, and Severson).  5 UFAs and 1 RFA next year.  Depending on how Fitz chooses to build his team, he might have a hell of a time getting to the floor.  

Bratt and Blackwood will be signed for 22-23 for at least $7MM in cap

Hughes will probably be at least $6MM himself.

Edited by sundstrom
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Oh for sure it will change.  It's just funny seeing a team with its future so wide open at the moment.  They can go in so many different directions.

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

I'll gladly trade Zajac's cap hit for Hughes :)  (even though Zajac comes off at the end of this season).
PK Subban's 9mm though comes off in 22-23; so plenty of cash for the RFAs

Edited by aylbert

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

1) I'm 500% honest when i say that I had absolutely no intention in being condescending and had all the good intentions in the world lol (figured you'd know about that site already but when i checked his cap hit was there and you said you didnt know so thought maybe you actually didn't and decided to share)

2) I do feel sorry if you took it that way... but even though i actually like you and respect you, i have a strict rule of not apologizing for things i didn't do or didn't intend lol

3) I'll try again though since i have a bottomless jar of good intentions here. Not really related to the cap thing but this is a lesser known site that i'm often using when i don't know much about a player around the league and want to see what type of player he his, his projection, what pace he's on during the season etc etc.. (for example when we got Andersson i went and checked his report on that site). So hey hopefully i taught you something on this one http://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/roster/NJ

Its ok, I still love you, you wacky bastard. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure it will change.  It's just funny seeing a team with its future so wide open at the moment.  They can go in so many different directions.

If not, you and me as the 3rd pair defense pairing and we go full on Bash Brothers with it. 

• Haha 1