Jump to content

Devils acquire Andreas Johnsson from Toronto for Joey Anderson


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly don’t see what future McLeod may have here outside of centering the fourth line one day. He really doesn’t bring much to the table. 

Hoping this trade has the same outcome at the Palms trade. Skillful player underused in an bottom 6 role getting a shot higher up. 

The trade is one for one.   

Posted Images

Know very little about Johnsson, I liked Joey Anderson , leafs fans haven't got a clue who he is, but I think he can make a name for himself. His attitude and work ethic will mean he will make opportunities for himself. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be one of those deals that ultimately works out for both teams, and Joey is a bit younger, but I like the deal.  Johansson also under team control for three years at a reasonable cap hit ($3.4 million per season).  Also the more proven player at the moment.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing about this guy, but I seriously doubt Joey Anderson ever scores 20 goals in the NHL. 

Is is safe to assume Mercer will be able to bring a lot of what Joey Anderson did, but with more skill? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I know nothing about this guy, but I seriously doubt Joey Anderson ever scores 20 goals in the NHL. 

Is is safe to assume Mercer will be able to bring a lot of what Joey Anderson did, but with more skill? 

I kind of think Bastian will move into the void left by Anderson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crisis said:

I kind of think Bastian will move into the void left by Anderson.

It’s very unlikely Bastian is anything more than a 4th line guy though. Anderson could at least play middle 6 if he reaches his potential. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Nice deal for NJ here. Scored 20 goals last season, apparently mostly plays on the 3rd line. With more ice time I could see him scoring 20 again. Also 3 years left. Great value here. Another solid move by Fitz.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From some very quick viewings he seems pretty rapid. Seen quite a few comments from leafs fans saying they wont miss the stupid penalties. 

Presuming that is just but hurt leafs fans though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Know very little about Johnsson, I liked Joey Anderson , leafs fans haven't got a clue who he is, but I think he can make a name for himself. His attitude and work ethic will mean he will make opportunities for himself. 

I’m sure Leaf fans are looking at Joey’s NHL numbers and thinking “What the hell?!”, but I do think that kid has something, and could become a nice NHLer.  Not sure how long that takes though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

I love Bratt, but if our LW depth is Bratt/Johnsson/Boqvist in the future, considered me worried and disappointed.   Boqvist hasn't really shown signs that he's cemented himself as an NHL player, and we don't really know what to expect out of Johnsson yet. I'm fine with Bratt on the top line if he improves upon the season he had last year, but the other 3 lines would really be lacking at that positon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I love Bratt, but if our LW depth is Bratt/Johnsson/Boqvist in the future, considered me worried and disappointed.   Boqvist hasn't really shown signs that he's cemented himself as an NHL player, and we don't really know what to expect out of Johnsson yet. I'm fine with Bratt on the top line if he improves upon the season he had last year, but the other 3 lines would really be lacking at that positon.

I understand your concern there. Bratt needs to show more durability, and Boqvist needs to play more in the NHL. Not really sure what he is yet. Johnsson seems like a solid middle six guy though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I love Bratt, but if our LW depth is Bratt/Johnsson/Boqvist in the future, considered me worried and disappointed.   Boqvist hasn't really shown signs that he's cemented himself as an NHL player, and we don't really know what to expect out of Johnsson yet. I'm fine with Bratt on the top line if he improves upon the season he had last year, but the other 3 lines would really be lacking at that positon.

Just a writer’s opinion.  If Boqvist doesn’t develop, Fitz will try to upgrade.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just a writer’s opinion.  If Boqvist doesn’t develop, Fitz will try to upgrade.

I know.  Just a scary thought. I hadn't really looked at our roster very closely lately in terms of player's "natural" positions, but assuming Gusev is on the right side, it does highlight an potential issue for us and lack of depth.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.