Devils acquire Andreas Johnsson from Toronto for Joey Anderson

MadDog2020

Could be one of those deals that ultimately works out for both teams, and Joey is a bit younger, but I like the deal.  Johansson also under team control for three years at a reasonable cap hit ($3.4 million per season).  Also the more proven player at the moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I know nothing about this guy, but I seriously doubt Joey Anderson ever scores 20 goals in the NHL. 

Is is safe to assume Mercer will be able to bring a lot of what Joey Anderson did, but with more skill? 

I kind of think Bastian will move into the void left by Anderson.

17 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Know very little about Johnsson, I liked Joey Anderson , leafs fans haven't got a clue who he is, but I think he can make a name for himself. His attitude and work ethic will mean he will make opportunities for himself. 

I’m sure Leaf fans are looking at Joey’s NHL numbers and thinking “What the hell?!”, but I do think that kid has something, and could become a nice NHLer.  Not sure how long that takes though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I love Bratt, but if our LW depth is Bratt/Johnsson/Boqvist in the future, considered me worried and disappointed.   Boqvist hasn't really shown signs that he's cemented himself as an NHL player, and we don't really know what to expect out of Johnsson yet. I'm fine with Bratt on the top line if he improves upon the season he had last year, but the other 3 lines would really be lacking at that positon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I love Bratt, but if our LW depth is Bratt/Johnsson/Boqvist in the future, considered me worried and disappointed.   Boqvist hasn't really shown signs that he's cemented himself as an NHL player, and we don't really know what to expect out of Johnsson yet. I'm fine with Bratt on the top line if he improves upon the season he had last year, but the other 3 lines would really be lacking at that positon.

I understand your concern there. Bratt needs to show more durability, and Boqvist needs to play more in the NHL. Not really sure what he is yet. Johnsson seems like a solid middle six guy though. 

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Just a writer’s opinion.  If Boqvist doesn’t develop, Fitz will try to upgrade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just a writer’s opinion.  If Boqvist doesn’t develop, Fitz will try to upgrade.

I know.  Just a scary thought. I hadn't really looked at our roster very closely lately in terms of player's "natural" positions, but assuming Gusev is on the right side, it does highlight an potential issue for us and lack of depth.