Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

I finally watched Zaitsev's game. And made a couple of video recordings. His number 86, he is left handed LD. He was 12 min 47 sec on the ice.  He didn`t play in PP or PK.

Zaitsev is a stay at home D with good skating. He skates back well, squeezes players out of the zone, and knows how to use pokecheck.

He tries to cover dinamo`s back as much as possible, but at the same time he has a good starting speed, and in general he skates quite fast.

He tries to play simply, gives short passes. He makes passes like this on the video. Short, and i cant call them smart and safe enough fpr time to time.

he made only one long pass, that was interesting and smart, but he left the time and opponent read it and make a goal.

Otherwise, he played quite clean and created problems for the opposing players.

He skates better than Butcher, Subban and Carrick, and that's half of our defense. He can hit, he is good in puck challenge. He has something to work on, he needs to learn to think faster with the puck. Judging by the uncertainty with the puck, his puckmoving ability, he will need two more years in the KHL or AHL to really qualify for the NHL.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 7

Our boy Holtz just scored in his game.  Does anyone have any leads on watching the game?  I used to use onhockey.tv but now whenever I go there, the page loads up, then changes to some sketchy trap page telling me to install Flash and whatnot. 

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Our boy Holtz just scored in his game.  Does anyone have any leads on watching the game?  I used to use onhockey.tv but now whenever I go there, the page loads up, then changes to some sketchy trap page telling me to install Flash and whatnot. 

if we will  bad pirates - you can use dns services or tor browser. But it is illegal. Don`t do that. We are better people.

Game between Djurgården Stockholm and Skellefteå AIK has been delayed until 20:00 CET (instead of 18:00 CET) due to late arrival of the away team (delayed flight because of bad weather conditions).

too sad. I was hoping for another goal round for Holtz. And i was waiting this game because i wanna see how detroit prospect Berggren is playin. He was draft two years ago and he is one of the SHL leaders now.  Skellefteå is one of the top teams in SHL and i hope i will see how Holtz will look against them. It didn't work out for today. 

Pakkila made assist two days ago. He has 1g 1a in 5 ga,es in his second Liiga season.

7 hours ago, Guadana said:

On the last second of the period Sharangovich scores his 6th goal of the season. Zaitsev made his second assist in this game.

I noticed that Sharangovich was wearing a "C" on his Jersey. Isn't it unusual for a loan player to be the team captain?

1 hour ago, Aitchmack said:

It's good he's taking on a leadership role as well as the points he's scoring. Hopefully he'll take a step up when he comes back to Bing/NJ.

He is only 22 yo. He have all the time to grow to be a better bottom six guy with scoring option. The question is does he want to play for less money in worse league only for chances. I think he will play in KHL or in NHL now. Will see.

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

He is only 22 yo. He have all the time to grow to be a better bottom six guy with scoring option. The question is does he want to play for less money in worse league only for chances. I think he will play in KHL or in NHL now. Will see.

He's cetainly not doing his case for a NHL job any harm with the way he's playing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guadana said:

Game between Djurgården Stockholm and Skellefteå AIK has been delayed until 20:00 CET (instead of 18:00 CET) due to late arrival of the away team (delayed flight because of bad weather conditions).

too sad. I was hoping for another goal round for Holtz. And i was waiting this game because i wanna see how detroit prospect Berggren is playin. He was draft two years ago and he is one of the SHL leaders now.  Skellefteå is one of the top teams in SHL and i hope i will see how Holtz will look against them. It didn't work out for today. 

Pakkila made assist two days ago. He has 1g 1a in 5 ga,es in his second Liiga season.

The game was postponed because Djurgården had two cases of covid in the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Sharangovich scores his 7th goal in PK in Coleman style.

Benjamin Baumgartner scores 2nd goal in his 3rd game in NL.

I didn't see your comment and I thought wow that is a Coleman like goal. Good to see he is always going full speed

• Like 1

Just now, DevilMinder said:

I didn't see your comment and I thought wow that is a Coleman like goal. Good to see he is always going full speed

If Coleman was first original Coleman, Anderson was second Coleman like many times managment says, and now Sharangovich play like third Coleman we should understand who was responsible for making Colemans in our organization. This person should get a promotion.

• Like 2