Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

so im wondering if it's just a perception that our prospects are doing great cause we see a lot of highlight videos.

Or there's the same amount as usual but it just seems that way since there's more focus on it since that's all we have and we have no hockey to watch...

And Guadana doing a great job for all of us ! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, moustic. It’s a pleasure.

our prospects are pretty good, there are some as good and even better prospects in different systems, like Berggren who is Detroit’s boy and he is top three-top five ppg player in SHL as I remember. 
But I definitely can say Sharangovich stands out from the others. Hope this will translate. He is our best “offseason” player. He is top five goal scorer in KHL, he play in PK, he play hard and aggressive. 

Boqvist looks pretty good, he is everywhere on the ice, I want to see him in better competition as fast as he can.
Gritsyuk was a monster in MHL, he was a shadow in KHL and coach didn’t give him an opportunity. I didn’t watch him in VHL games before, but I will see. 
Mercer was excellent, but I think defensive game in QJMHL is worse than in MHL. Western movie hockey game. There are some structure in game, but I didn’t see enough talent and understanding in defense. And a lot of talent in offense. Lapierre and Mercer are VERY talented guys and they play together. 
Holtz is good, he isn’t one tricky pony. He has a lot to grow and need to mature. I rank Raymond’s game higher and I think he’s  closer to the NHL now. But Holtz is a pure talent and has spider sense. 
Mukhamadullin needs in 3 or may even more years. It’s a long bet. 
Zaitsev is look like Guhle. If his game will translate we will have great player. He needs to focus on some aspects of his game. He is very fast and can play very aggressive. I think his game will better on smaller ice. He is playing like home stand D, but he is good and fast skater, and he use it as a tool in his work.
I don't have opinion and didn’t make conclusions about Misyul. He plays little and does not take risky steps, he plays safely. This is not bad, he is just learning, but it is difficult to understand  his good and bad sides in such circumstances. I don't have enough of his moments to make a cut). 
I see only one game of Zetterlund. And it was hard to understand where he is because of broadcast quality and uniform color contrast. What I saw he can forecheck and did it pretty aggressive. 
I watched only one Liiga game and Merkley was very good there. But it’s only one game.
I saw three games of Pasic, but I didn’t see something flashy there. It was a start of the season and what I read he play better now. Anyway he isn’t in my priority list and I will watch his games only if he will play against Djurgarden.

• Like 6

Zetterlund scores goal and made assist in game (2nd, november)
Mercer made assist yesterday.

Tomorrow Russia will play against Finland and Sweden against Czech Rep in Karjala Tournament. We will see Mukha, Gritsyuk and Holtz in their games.

• Like 4

Sweden will play against Czech in 5 hours. Holtz vs Pytlik.

There are no our player on ice.
Russia will play against Finland in 4 hours. Gritsyuk and Mukha should be on ice.

Edited by Guadana

1 minute ago, moustic said:

Finns coach must regret his comment ... ; ) 

4-1 in the second for Russia (Mukha was on the ice for the fourth goal on PP )

He was on the ice in two russian goals minimum. He is very good positionaly in PK. He should be faster with his hands.
He lost his player in finn goal but i cant say there were his mistake.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

What can i cay? Great play.

On the bright side Mukha was pretty well positionally, he protects a lot of the zone. He is good when he take his first step. PP, PK - pretty solid.

On the dark side - he is good in PP when he play on the wing, he is bad when he is playmaking on blueline in center zone. Looks like he is good in first pass, but he is not in secondary playing. He should work faster with his hands.

Mukha was on the ice 4 times when Russia scores, one time when Finland scores.

Gritsyuk is good when he plays with the puck, without he is not.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

I made few clips with Shaq and Gritsyuk.
Time for something sweet. And saulty.

Do you like Bratt? I do. What can you say about him? He is good puckhandler and he is good in puck protection. And especially he is a good passer. He doesn`t read  D zones well and  he is lost in defensive forecheck.
What can we say about Gritsyuk. Everything the same, but Gritsyuk is more shooter and more faster.

There are clips with everything i said before. Let me remind you that Russia played as a youth team against the adult national team of Finland.

Look it how he controls the movement of his partner, follows the movement of the opponent and takes advantage of his start of movement, picks up speed sharply and leaves the opponent behind.

and something good that happened when line play hard in forecheck.

What can i say about his today defensive game? Can`t say i like it. He isn`t very agressive. And when he make some bold moves - good little things happened.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mukhamadullin try to read zones, may be he is passive in his defensive game, but he try to play smart. He follows the players, moves depending on what is happening on the ice. He lacks aggressiveness, understanding how to put the opponent in an unpleasant position. At the same time, when he plays aggressively, it pays off. It is noticeable that he is still gaining experience.

We can make our own decision about his game in PK. But when he was on the ice Finland didn`t find good opportunities to create dangerous chances.

I like what i see from him when he play on the left side in PP. He wasn`t good on blue line, he spend excess time to make a pass and opponents team opponents have time to adjust. But on the left side he is good and find open spots.

He makes simple decisions under pressure. And he needs to be faster and smarter under pressure.

On the other hand when he makes agressive moves - this has a positive effect on the game.

Interesting to watch him work on his game.

If you don't like the wall, I can throw off less material.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Guadana said:
Mukhamadullin try to read zones, may be he is passive in his defensive game, but he try to play smart. He follows the players, moves depending on what is happening on the ice. He lacks aggressiveness, understanding how to put the opponent in an unpleasant position. At the same time, when he plays aggressively, it pays off. It is noticeable that he is still gaining experience.

We can make our own decision about his game in PK. But when he was on the ice Finland didn`t find good opportunities to create dangerous chances.

I like what i see from him when he play on the left side in PP. He wasn`t good on blue line, he spend excess time to make a pass and opponents team opponents have time to adjust. But on the left side he is good and find open spots.

He makes simple decisions under pressure. And he needs to be faster and smarter under pressure.

On the other hand when he makes agressive moves - this has a positive effect on the game.

Interesting to watch him work on his game.

If you don't like the wall, I can throw off less material.

Excellent stuff Guadana, thanks man!

• Like 2

Russia win it! Let me remind you that the Russian youth team played against adult Swedes.

Great game from Mukha. Much better than yesterday. And he has more job today.
Shakir Mukhamadullin (NJD) 23:50
Daniil Chayka (2021) 22:55
Semyon Chistyakov (NSH) 22:05
Kirill Kirsanov (2021) 17:34
Yegor Shekhovtsov 13:51
Nikita Sedov 12:19
Roman Bychkov (BOS) 10:12

I think Gritsyuk was 3-4 best player in offensive zone. 
Record cuts will be later.
  • Like 2