Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

On one hand he’ll just be beating up on lesser competition like used to pre-NHL

I agree that it’s not the same as competing in the NHL, obviously, but it’s not like he’s got an alternative where he can play at the NHL level right now. The choice is between playing at the WJC or not playing. I don’t think he’s really going to pick up (or continue) with bad habits because he played a few games against lesser competition. He’ll be fine in that regard. 

I’d rather he be playing. Risk of injury isn’t something I worry about in a guy so young without significant injury history. Any time you play hockey, you could get hurt. You can’t live in a bubble. 

You know, except for this year’s playoffs...

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

What a snipe on the first goal

Can’t wait to see him with Hughes. I know we need to pick up a defender at the draft this year but maybe we can somehow get this Єklund (2.3% accurate) kid too.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Can’t wait to see him with Hughes. I know we need to pick up a defender at the draft this year but maybe we can somehow get this Єklund (2.3% accurate) kid too.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) projected to go early? Like early, early, or is that not known yet?

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Sounds like Jack is not going to the WJC. 

Still have mixed feelings about it, so this doesn’t bother me. I think my desire for him to be playing is outweighed by my belief that NHL players are not “juniors”, regardless of age. 

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I love watching William Eklund play. Find myself watching him more than Holtz at times. 

If we suck again this season (likely) we could have a shot at him. Sounds like he’s going to be a top 10 pick. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

If we suck again this season (likely) we could have a shot at him. Sounds like he’s going to be a top 10 pick. 

As Guadiana keeps telling me on here and in twitter , there are lots of good D men in this draft we need to take. But I am just mesmerised by him. Although we could try and get Luke Hughes. 

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Plus Little Caesars sucks amirite?

I would imagine so. I live in NYC, nobody eats that sh!t here. 

Also I take it back, in that picture Jack is definitely the ventriloquist’s dummy. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would imagine so. I live in NYC, nobody eats that sh!t here. 

Also I take it back, in that picture Jack is definitely the ventriloquist’s dummy. 

You all are lucky, even the bad pizza is good up there. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You all are lucky, even the bad pizza is good up there. 

Pretty much. We have a place in town that's $7.95 for a large pie Sunday through Thursday. Generally the most bargain basement pizza we can find around here. I'd put it up against the best pizza from most other parts of the country. 

It wasn't until, while working in retail, I made friends with a manager who had moved around the country a lot that I realized how bad it is. he would order from Pizza Hut because where he was from, that was the best option. 

I expanded his horizons accordingly. If ever in Staten Island, check out these guys. 

And bring cash, no other forms of payment are accepted. Learned that the hard way after my daughter's 5th Grade graduation.