Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

that was a dumb penalty by Holtz and it cost them a goal but they tied it right after at least

Pretty sure that's not getting called in the NHL or in the SHL for that matter. Wasn't even 1 second after the player got rid of the puck, pretty standard play/hit imo. 

With that being said, IIHF rules are different so. 

22 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Pretty sure that's not getting called in the NHL or in the SHL for that matter. Wasn't even 1 second after the player got rid of the puck, pretty standard play/hit imo. 

With that being said, IIHF rules are different so. 

yeah it wouldnt be called in the NHL for sure. But you gotta play based on the current rules lol that was really avoidable

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah it wouldnt be called in the NHL for sure. But you gotta play based on the current rules lol that was really avoidable

Wasn’t exactly a devastating hit either. The guy he hit was really not ready for it, totally flat footed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wasn’t exactly a devastating hit either. The guy he hit was really not ready for it, totally flat footed. 

yeah i don't like penalties like this as it's not really impacting the play at all.

So it goes both ways here... if its not impacting the play don't call it. But then if it's not accomplishing anything then don't bother making that hit either lol I do understand you wanna get in players head and keep them on their toes. But if that's against the rules well

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Big save by Malik on Holtz one timer, so close.

Button raving about Holtz on TSN's feed. Talking about him with Hughes and Hischier. 

Sometimes Holtz needs luck. I`m understanding its too early to play him in NHL, but how hard i want to see his play with Hischier.

• Like 1

Gunler had the game Red Wings and Devils fans were hoping Raymond and Holtz would have haha

And not just cause he scored, had a great game overall and really controlled the play well

Still early though, they had some good look here and there

Edited by SterioDesign

13 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

PK goal at that! Nice going Mercer!

Good that he scored early too cause i suspect this is going to turn into a bloodbath.

Canada is a powerhouse and Germany has a limited lineup and will be exhausted soon. They know this game is lost and their big challenge will be their next game where they actually have a shot

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Another great pressure by Mercer and assist here.

Im actually way way way more impressed by Mercer than Holtz today. He's all over the ice, playing in all situations and dangerous everytime he's on the ice.

When i saw him play with team canada last year in Moncton IMO he also outplayed Lafreniere that game. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Another great pressure by Mercer and assist here.

Im actually way way way more impressed by Mercer than Holtz today. He's all over the ice, playing in all situations and dangerous everytime he's on the ice.

When i saw him play with team canada last year in Moncton IMO he also outplayed Lafreniere that game. 

To be fair, the Czechs (Team Holtz face today) are a better team lol, Germany are heavily disadvantaged today, especially considering all their missing players. We'll probably see him dominate way more against Austria on monday!

But Mercer is playing really really well. Really sound player, good decision making. Very safe also. He's a player that can be trusted. 

• Like 2