Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I literally never watch ESPN for any purpose. 

I only watch if the Red Bulls are on it or for the MLS playoffs.

I just don't like streaming services for sports cause if I'm not at the game I'd rather dvr it and fast forward all the bs commercials and other stuff I don't want to see. The dvr is always faster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I only watch if the Red Bulls are on it or for the MLS playoffs.

I just don't like streaming services for sports cause if I'm not at the game I'd rather dvr it and fast forward all the bs commercials and other stuff I don't want to see. The dvr is always faster. 

I have gotten to the point where 8 only watch on DVR. Start an hour late, which usually isn’t a problem because I’m not usually ready to sit down at 7pm anyway. If I can get into the 3rd period without any commercials or intermissions, I’m happy. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 12:48 PM, Jerzey said:

There’s a pretty good bundle with Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN* that’s around $20 a month. Probably a little less of you don’t go ad free on Hulu.

Certain Verizon packages include all 3, depending on your cellphone needs.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So my cousin played juniors. Never big enough to make it to the show, but he has a ton of friends all around the sport. I was hanging with him at Christmas, and he had something to say that I thought would be interesting to you guys.

One of his best friends played on Dawson Mercer’s former team in the Q. He said he was an 18 year old, Dawson was a 16 year old. By midseason, Dawson was the leader of the team. Not only was he everyone’s best friend, but he commanded everyone’s respect. My cousin said you have no idea how hard it is for a 16 year old to earn an 18 year old’s respect like that, but Dawson did. 

His friend said Dawson isn’t just a future NHL top-line player. He’s a future NHL captain.

Not even just a hockey thing, anyone who went to high school can tell you how hard that must’ve been for a 16 year old. This is very encouraging. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So my cousin played juniors. Never big enough to make it to the show, but he has a ton of friends all around the sport. I was hanging with him at Christmas, and he had something to say that I thought would be interesting to you guys.

One of his best friends played on Dawson Mercer’s former team in the Q. He said he was an 18 year old, Dawson was a 16 year old. By midseason, Dawson was the leader of the team. Not only was he everyone’s best friend, but he commanded everyone’s respect. My cousin said you have no idea how hard it is for a 16 year old to earn an 18 year old’s respect like that, but Dawson did. 

His friend said Dawson isn’t just a future NHL top-line player. He’s a future NHL captain.

That’s fvcking outstanding.

I wish that i could see Mercer play in the Q this year but the teams from Quebec are not playing in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia this season so I won't be able to see him. But i did see him play in the Subway Select series against Russia, here in Moncton. He actually scored a sweet goal going down for a one timer, that you can see around 1:55 in that video in that article. it's a great video on him overall so watch it not just to see the goal im talking about lol

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/voltigeurs-dawson-mercer-excited-opportunity-qmjhl/

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Holtz back with 2 assists today in a 5-3 loss vs. Rogle. 

He's matched his point total from last season in 13 fewer games. That's real good. 

He turns 19 tomorrow BTW...and yeah that is good indeed.  His goal totals don't really scream "sniper" to me, but it seems like those much more in the know feel that he'll be one someday...so I'll continue to defer to them.  If he's doing his thing for the Devils down the line, I sure won't care much about what his goal totals are right now.  

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He turns 19 tomorrow BTW...and yeah that is good indeed.  His goal totals don't really scream "sniper" to me, but it seems like those much more in the know feel that he'll be one someday...so I'll continue to defer to them.  If he's doing his thing for the Devils down the line, I sure won't care much about what his goal totals are right now.  

I’d offer him Palmieri’s job right now. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’d offer him Palmieri’s job right now. 

I'm not as ready to give up on him as some are, but he looks like he might have been Space Jammed.  He's been that shaky...especially alarming (for such a small sample) is the 5 SOG through 4 GP.  Even when he wasn't necessarily finding the net during a cold streak, he was at least still getting his shots (which you knew would eventually go in).  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not as ready to give up on him as some are, but he looks like he might have been Space Jammed.  He's been that shaky...especially alarming (for such a small sample) is the 5 SOG through 4 GP.  Even when he wasn't necessarily finding the net during a cold streak, he was at least still getting his shots (which you knew would eventually go in).  

I am not ready to give up right now, but I would rather be watching a 19 year old Holtz than a tiny lumberjack struggling to find his way. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am not ready to give up right now, but I would rather be watching a 19 year old Holtz than a tiny lumberjack struggling to find his way. 

Wasn't trying to imply that you specifically were giving up on him (though I can see where it seemed like I was).  Just that it seems like many are down on him, and rather quickly.  

What's the potential timetable for Holtz?  2022-23 I'm guessing?  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wasn't trying to imply that you specifically were giving up on him (though I can see where it seemed like I was).  Just that it seems like many are down on him, and rather quickly.  

What's the potential timetable for Holtz?  2022-23 I'm guessing?  

I think the "right now" part of what I said wasn't clear. I meant I would give him the job for right now since Palmieri is playing bad. Not I would give him the job forever "right now". Bad wording on my part. 

I haven't heard anything about his timetable, but if he's already 19, is there a reason he couldn't try for a spot in 21-22 (if that's a thing)?